Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Republic Veteran
# 21 What is AtoB ?
11-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiefix1 View Post

Except when using 2x AtoB, then its the most powerfull ship in game.

What is AtoB?
Rihannsu
# 22
11-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetanine View Post

What is AtoB?
Auxiliary to Battery.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
11-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetanine View Post

What is AtoB?
For additional detail, Aux2Batt gives a blanket power boost for weapons, shields and engines temporarily, a good deal for nearly any situation. If Scotty "cannae have the power", with Aux2Batt, you're gonna get some power and jam it in there.

It's a slightly exotic build and takes some skill to play, but using it properly can make some ships that considered "useless" perform at god-tier.

If you're an engineering captain you can actually get away somewhat without it, since you have a number of native powers that can circumvent or reduce your need to constantly be boosting your power levels, like Nadion Inversion (negates weapon power drain, wonderful for making alpha strikes), EPS Power Transfer (basically a mega-Aux2Batt + Emergency Power to Aux), and Rotate Shield Frequency (a blanket shield resist and regen boost). Those abilities all have a longer cooldown, but can save your butt with the right timing.
Empire Veteran
# 24
11-17-2012, 08:17 PM
I feel too guilty to take mine into PvP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
I actually don't agree with this at all that much, especially since they made it a lifer perk and not a vet reward. I agree that it's not very impressive since it was originally supposed to be a lot more B>A> than it is, It's done pretty well for me, but if i were to have it done differently i'd have made 3 variations, that way it unlock as a class based ship depending on the character class allowing a normal mode that is shared between the three as well as a class mode which would in turn help you be more efficient as the class you are.
You know I never bought a lifer account, but I do have more than one toon with Pengu's.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
11-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah, it's a 1000-day vet perk, but if you buy a lifetime (either during the sale or maybe now, I'm not sure), you get instant access to all the perks.
Captain
# 26
11-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
For additional detail, Aux2Batt gives a blanket power boost for weapons, shields and engines temporarily, a good deal for nearly any situation. If Scotty "cannae have the power", with Aux2Batt, you're gonna get some power and jam it in there.

It's a slightly exotic build and takes some skill to play, but using it properly can make some ships that considered "useless" perform at god-tier.

If you're an engineering captain you can actually get away somewhat without it, since you have a number of native powers that can circumvent or reduce your need to constantly be boosting your power levels, like Nadion Inversion (negates weapon power drain, wonderful for making alpha strikes), EPS Power Transfer (basically a mega-Aux2Batt + Emergency Power to Aux), and Rotate Shield Frequency (a blanket shield resist and regen boost). Those abilities all have a longer cooldown, but can save your butt with the right timing.
You left out the abusive part. With 3 tech doffs you get 30% reduced cooldown on all boff skills including Aux2Batt. While I find 1 Aux2Batt works for me, others combine it w/epta for some lolz cooldown.

Edit: To the OP the KDF ship in particular is very good. It's a hybrid between a Raider and a Destroyer.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
11-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
I feel too guilty to take mine into PvP.

You know I never bought a lifer account, but I do have more than one toon with Pengu's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
You left out the abusive part. With 3 tech doffs you get 30% reduced cooldown on all boff skills including Aux2Batt. While I find 1 Aux2Batt works for me, others combine it w/epta for some lolz cooldown.

Edit: To the OP the KDF ship in particular is very good. It's a hybrid between a Raider and a Destroyer.
True, but I'm too cheap to buy purple techs. Maybe I'll try the build when I'm rich and famous
Empire Veteran
# 28
11-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Quote:
True, but I'm too cheap to buy purple techs. Maybe I'll try the build when I'm rich and famous
You can get easy purple Techs actually.

B'tran Support mission gives them if you crit em, and Ferra (and I would guess S'tass) can sell purples too.

That aside, The 1000 day ships are good I feel. You can run them more or less how you want to.

Captain
# 29
11-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Yeah, it's a 1000-day vet perk, but if you buy a lifetime (either during the sale or maybe now, I'm not sure), you get instant access to all the perks.
Well yeah, i earned mine as the 1000 day as well, but i've been a lifer since they started selling them. I just don't agree with the fact that the vet rewards have a price tag now. it kind of defeats the term "veteran rewards". As for the ship though i also think it would have been nice to get a little more variety, like have it eng/sci/tac based on your character class, but that's just me.
Lieutenant
# 30
11-18-2012, 12:40 AM
They're not bad ships, but they're not great either. They have some unique perks, and look kinda neat. They don't feel particularly powerful, but maybe that's just because I feel a broadside-focused ship is just all around more durable and reliable.

It's tricky to keep stuff in a 45 degree arc constantly all the time - especially if you want to be moving. Just my two cents anyway.