Career Officer
# 11
11-14-2012, 01:00 AM
I wonder how many pm's, posts and emails Cryptic have gotten that pretty much say:

"Dear Cryptic thank you for making yet another stupid decision, proving you are still a bunch of morons who seem to only care about screwing over the players that actually play your game.

Yours,

The Player Base."
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
11-14-2012, 01:07 AM
What i can't get my head around is the fact that the rep/romulan stores require dilithium to buy from....but the missions to get the rep marks don't reward dilithium.
So whilst a player plays all the shiny new romulus "content" he'll have no dilithium to buy anything with.
Stupid stupid stupid.
Ensign
# 13
11-14-2012, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwefail View Post
What i can't get my head around is the fact that the rep/romulan stores require dilithium to buy from....but the missions to get the rep marks don't reward dilithium.
So whilst a player plays all the shiny new romulus "content" he'll have no dilithium to buy anything with.
Stupid stupid stupid.
Actually, it's Genius!..if you're a Ferengi who's forgotten rule of acquisition #57 ("Good customers are as rare as latinum -- treasure them")

Look, gamedevs, if you're being so greedy even a fictional race that basically worships greed would say you've taken things too far, you're doing something horrifyingly wrong.
Commander
# 14
11-14-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
agreed stfs are going to die,just like my love of the game.
so sto is destined to die in season 7 like all trek before it ?
I commented on this very note somewhere in these forums pre season...

Probably tho they are going by thr PT Barnum theory of entertainment:
'There's a sucker born every minute.'
" 'A matter of internal security' - the age-old cry of the oppressor' ... 'Prime Minister, even the most comfortable prison is still a prison." Capt. Picard, The Hunted
| 44th Assault Squadron [Kdf] | 44th Fleet [Fed] | Apply: Startrek.44thfleet.com
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-14-2012, 06:09 AM
Quote:
the rep/romulan stores require dilithium to buy from....but the missions to get the rep marks don't reward dilithium.
^^ this... is the epitome of stupidity...

"Hey, Dili is a time-currency! You play the game, and you get Dili! Except, uhm.. you don't get any dili for playing the fun parts of the game....or from the new parts.... if you want Dili, we have some busted old content you got sick of a year ago, that rewards Dili... now go grind and don't bother me!"

mind-numbing...
Commander
# 16
11-14-2012, 06:39 AM
As a point if you go through the patch notes, it never actually says they removed the dilithium reward from STFs. Which makes it a stealth nerf. Which is no surprise but there it is.
Lieutenant
# 17
11-14-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matridunadan1 View Post
That's nice. That means the average level 50 player has -0.5 hours a day to play any actual story missions, foundry missions, social events and other non-dilithium events. New Romulus comes to mind. STFs, too.

Such a BRILLIANT and "thoughtful" design strategy.

That was sarcasm, by the way.
=== You are so right, I want to spend my time farming for Dilithium and nothing else for 4 hours a day. Um, Phook that, not happening. STO is dying, someone please save it.
Covenant of the Phoenix - Fed | Covenant of the Phoenix - KDF www.cotp.info

“What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite.” —Bertrand Russell
Ensign
# 18
11-14-2012, 07:30 AM
I got a few words for the Devs after their changes.

First: BYE BYE

Second: EVE Online has a a new FREE patch I think I might go check it out.

Third: MechWarrior online is really fun and free I think I'll spend my 4 gaming hours there.

Last: Change STO back and add some real new content/features and I might even come back.

P.S.

You might want to fire the brain child behind Season 7 (just a suggestion).
Lieutenant
# 19
11-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by williammarshael View Post
You might want to fire the brain child behind Season 7 (just a suggestion).
He's been given a HUGE pay rise
Captain
# 20
11-14-2012, 08:43 AM
I have been a game-modder for over 15 years and during that time I have noticed a clear trend in the gaming industry toward rampant greed, scape-goating, and demonization (Mega Upload anyone?) It happened in publishing, it happened to films, it happened to music, and now it has happened in video games:

The industry is pioneered by artists, becomes profitable, and is then usurped by the most mindless, soulless beast on Earth: the bean counter. And its not just in creative endeavors linked to commerce either. Every surface has an add plastered on it. Neil degrass Tyson notes in his book, Death by Black Hole, that a major financial company once called him to inquire how they might project their logo on the moon.

All art has been replaced by advertising; all culture with commerce. The direction this game is going in is indicative of the same sickness that permeates human civilization today: Pathological and self-destructive greed.