Lieutenant
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 37
# 21
11-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
I have been a game-modder for over 15 years... same sickness that permeates human civilization today: Pathological and self-destructive greed.
Epic post, beautifully put.

I can only apologise for removing great chunks of it from the quote to keep my post small.

Any chance you're a secret billionaire who'll buy Cryptic from the evil money hoarders and release the developers to produce content that inspires us to spend? I promise you'll still make a profit from it, just not another billion a week.

Please?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,159
# 22
11-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Basically what I get from that blog is people like me that were constantly spamming elite STFs on many characters and capping 6 characters on dil refinement per day like me or more for some people were the cause of the dil nerf. We apparently aren't supposed to farm dil in ways out of reach of average players because it takes being invited to private match channels to get near 100% success rate. Thing is I can keep spamming fleet actions on multiple characters more then average players too, so if they nerf that they are nerfing something that average players need to earn dil.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,544
# 23
11-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Basically what I get from that blog is people like me that were constantly spamming elite STFs on many characters and capping 6 characters on dil refinement per day like me or more for some people were the cause of the dil nerf. We apparently aren't supposed to farm dil in ways out of reach of average players because it takes being invited to private match channels to get near 100% success rate. Thing is I can keep spamming fleet actions on multiple characters more then average players too, so if they nerf that they are nerfing something that average players need to earn dil.
Or basically...we're being punished for THEIR mistake?

Lieutenant
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 59
# 24
11-14-2012, 10:17 AM
The total inequity of this system is becoming more and more clear with every line i read The simple math is, they added or increased Dilithium costs across the board while simultaneously removing the vast majority of common methods to gather Dilithium, and EC to some degree.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 159
# 25
11-14-2012, 12:12 PM
The biggest factor isn't how much dilithium a person can grind the limit is the fact they are limited to 8000 refined dil per day per character. I don't know about you but despite being a lifetime subscriber most of my gameplay is on 1 character.
I would think the average f2p player who is limited to 2 characters anyway plays much the same. the f2pers make up 75% at least of this games player base. That is people that don't put a single penny into this game as far as real world money, and z-store purchases they make are from earned Dil converted to zen.
Of which I don't blame them, I did the same before I got my LTS and will continue to do. The problem is now perfect world wants these same players to spend even more of the limited Dilithium they can refine on in game things like fleet ships, doffs now, upgrading doffs, when they were converting same into zen to buy the occasional key for a lockbox, of maybe a doff pack etc.

I think we as players ought to go on strike by undermining their source of dil to zen conversion. by either dropping the dil cost to zen to the absolute minimum so zen/per dil becomes worthless or by maxing the price out so getting enough zen for the average player becomes a pain. This whole game's dil/zen system revolves around the fact that someone paid for the zen that is available on the dilithium exchange. so those players are in effect "buying" z-store purchases for other players. By making z so expensive or so cheap that it throws off the balance of the games economy it might teach Perfect world a lesson.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 59
# 26
11-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckwolf View Post
The biggest factor isn't how much dilithium a person can grind the limit is the fact they are limited to 8000 refined dil per day per character. I don't know about you but despite being a lifetime subscriber most of my gameplay is on 1 character.
I would think the average f2p player who is limited to 2 characters anyway plays much the same. the f2pers make up 75% at least of this games player base. That is people that don't put a single penny into this game as far as real world money, and z-store purchases they make are from earned Dil converted to zen.
Of which I don't blame them, I did the same before I got my LTS and will continue to do. The problem is now perfect world wants these same players to spend even more of the limited Dilithium they can refine on in game things like fleet ships, doffs now, upgrading doffs, when they were converting same into zen to buy the occasional key for a lockbox, of maybe a doff pack etc.

I think we as players ought to go on strike by undermining their source of dil to zen conversion. by either dropping the dil cost to zen to the absolute minimum so zen/per dil becomes worthless or by maxing the price out so getting enough zen for the average player becomes a pain. This whole game's dil/zen system revolves around the fact that someone paid for the zen that is available on the dilithium exchange. so those players are in effect "buying" z-store purchases for other players. By making z so expensive or so cheap that it throws off the balance of the games economy it might teach Perfect world a lesson.

If I buy 2-4 Character slots outright I'm still considered F2P. If I buy anything outright I'm Still F2P. Its not just the Dil either its the general random Loot awards, it's the ability to generate EC. It affects everything.

I do not want to do the remaining content for Dilithium I in fact hate most of that content for the aggravation of travel, or effort not equalling reward. I want to grind my Dil from STFs when it strikes me to be in the mood to do it.. Simple and straight forward, enjoyable.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 728
# 27
11-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megacharge07 View Post
Indeed, if you havent already, you might want to sign this petition.

http://www.change.org/petitions/perf...rops-for-stf-s
I really wish you good luck with this petition. Cryptic has a habit of not "listening to people". If you need help lets go viral with this...my fleet would happily help as well
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 28
11-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
I really wish you good luck with this petition. Cryptic has a habit of not "listening to people". If you need help lets go viral with this...my fleet would happily help as well
They're semi-adept at rationalizing. Petitions and message boards are "just disproportionately vocal, minority groups," so there's no reason to pay attention to them.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,028
# 29
11-14-2012, 12:54 PM
I was actually enjoying the game, playing what I wanted to play, and hitting the refining cap making >8k dil a day enjoying elite STFs, before my earnings were kidnapped and held for ransom in a crate.

This change is simply stupid.
----
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 15
# 30 Imo
11-14-2012, 01:18 PM
The fact of the matter with the new patch is that dilithium farming is very effectively in its entirety being block by the game.

in order to get any amount of dilithium one needs to first level the omega marks system up significantly, which costs EC, which again by the way is being effectively reduced as there are now no sellable drops from STFs, then after that, in order to get 1 id's 8000 dilithium, a player needs to run as many as between 12 and 30 STFs a day because the number of Omega marks seems to defer per run on an unknown formula.

This has several intended and unintended consequences top of which would be a drastic reduce in the amount of EC inflow into the fed side, a blockade on dilithium inflow on the fed side.

The increased difficulty of the STFs, whereas is welcome, means that now public/non communicative players will destroy all public ques for STF elite because either they have not the resources or knowledge to make ships that can survive a single hit from a borg npc, they simply dont care and are trolling the STF.

There are suppose to be alternatives to STFs, unfortunately they are either broken of bugged, eg: Klingon scout force spawn delay has been increased as they npc ships do not respawn until there is no one in sensor range of that spawn point, Starbase 24 kicks player randomly on entry and so does gorn minefield

I am not talking about the Klingon side as I am still new to it.

It looks like either Cryptic/Perfect World find and give a usable solution to dilithium/EC farming on the fed side or the game will die.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 AM.