Ensign
I am sorry to see the Dilithium rewards for the fleet actions reduced. I finally got a chance to log on last night, and play some of the new content, and I really liked them.

STFs do not appeal to me. I may play them in the future, I don't know.

Last night, I made more Dilithium, tooling through FAs and trying out new Romulan stuff, than I normally made in a night of play. On top of that, I really enjoyed myself. I think the plan of adding the larger Dil rewards to the Fleet actions, and removing them from the STFs for every run was probably the better move. I think that D. Stahl may have been right that it may have actually brought more Dil into the game on the whole, rather than having the rewards be focused on the STFs.

I would prefer that the Dilithium rewards from running STFs matched the same amounts as the other fleet actions. Even if all the rewards end up somewhere in the middle. That way, any of the options are just the way you prefer to have your missions. I
don't have a problem with the STF having Dilithium rewards per run, but I can understand the dev concern of not to have too much dilithium flooding the market, so the FA rewards have to go down if the STF rewards come back.

Maybe the data will show that it makes sense to re-enstate the larger Dil rewards for the Fleet Actions, or perhaps to add new daily Dil rewards within the Fleet actions.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-15-2012, 11:09 AM
I agree, every part of the game should offer equal amounts of Dilithium so players have the choice what they want to play, than being force to play content they do not wish to play.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-15-2012, 11:11 AM
i thought the patch notse said it would be 980 dilth for Space FA's?......i guess cryptic is getting antsy..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
# 4
11-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
i thought the patch notse said it would be 980 dilth for Space FA's?......i guess cryptic is getting antsy..........
960 is the elite STF

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
11-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
960 is the elite STF
yeah ....uggg.....they get rid of Bran....move dilth to FA's NERF FA's when moving dilth back to Stfs......only thing that fa's are good for now is ECs lol.....hmmm...buy contraband and change that to dilth lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Rihannsu
# 6
11-15-2012, 11:21 AM
I still think every single mission from episodes to patrols should give a little dilithium and then players pick what they want.

that way if you spend 5 mins in game you really only earn 5 mins worth. if you spend 10 hours you earn 10 hours worth.

maybe that does not work quiet as well in practice? maybe it is too restrictive for people that only have a very short period of time, or gives the hardcore too much but it would certainly solve a lot of issues.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Ensign
# 7
11-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I agree, every part of the game should offer equal amounts of Dilithium so players have the choice what they want to play, than being force to play content they do not wish to play.
I wouldn't say equal because I believe the skill and time involved in completing certain content probably merits a greater reward. But I do believe EVERY part of the game should offer some type of Dil reward, given how vitial Dil has become to many aspects of the game, they could just scale the reward for difficulty/time played. I think it is unfair to be herded into content you don't enjoy playing simply to try and advance you character.
Ensign
# 8
11-15-2012, 11:30 AM
I agree Capt. Revo, Lots of small rewards, and lots of small sinks would be the best way to go.
Career Officer
# 9
11-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I still think every single mission from episodes to patrols should give a little dilithium and then players pick what they want.

that way if you spend 5 mins in game you really only earn 5 mins worth. if you spend 10 hours you earn 10 hours worth.

maybe that does not work quiet as well in practice? maybe it is too restrictive for people that only have a very short period of time, or gives the hardcore too much but it would certainly solve a lot of issues.
I think there should be a decent amount frontloaded to encourage at least logging into every alt daily.

Like making Officer of the Watch award something like 980 dil and 50 Fleet Marks.
Captain
# 10
11-15-2012, 11:53 AM
It's rewarded at the same rate as other medium difficulty missions(regular STFs). It's perfectly fine where it's at, especially since the drops it gives are a major income generator now.