Ensign
# 1 Enlighten Me
11-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Clearly I'm missing something here, so please someone help me out...

I get essentially nothing for doing STFs, Fleet Engagements and Romulan missions except stuff to help max out the grind systems... Sorry, I mean reputation systems. Once I've sunk two months into that (yes, my fleet will probably hit T5 in two or three months), my "reward" for completing those grinds is that I have essentially no reason to play those missions ever again.

Now here's the part I don't get: since there will no longer be any reason to play all those missions, there will soon be a day when there is almost no content left that has any meaning to me. Why would I bother getting all that shiny new gear if the act of getting it renders it all useless?

Please show me the error of my ways...
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usserebus View Post
Please show me the error of my ways...
What error?

EDIT: Yes, in other games the grind is just filler between real content updates, but here it is the content so......yeah....

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
Career Officer
# 3
11-17-2012, 05:19 PM
You make an excellent point.

To further your point, I'll expand upon the reputation system, right now you can easily get omega marks from a few elite STFs, and then you are good to go for a week or two of doing projects. What is happening is that people are setting up rep projects, and then just logging off for 2 days while they run.

The new rep system has inherently created a lesser need to spend time in the game and play end game content like STFs. Therefore, they have actually reduced end game gameplay further. I was playing more STFs pre-F2P and post-F2P than I am post-S7, and I think that is true for most people. Dilithium rewards have been reduced, and there are no loot drops, the only reason for playing them is for BNP and marks. I think Cryptic needs to evaluate how long reputation projects take, IMO 20 hours for one project is more appropriate rather than 2 days.

I just posted in zone chat that I added new rep projects, so now I'll just log off for 2 days while they complete, heh.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us

Last edited by thedoctorbluebox; 11-17-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Captain
# 4
11-17-2012, 05:19 PM
The most logical content , Pvp is a diaster ,
So you get to redo the the old content agaon
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
# 5
11-17-2012, 05:23 PM
People said the same thing, what will I grind for when the starbase is finished. The answer is more holdings. We now have the embassy and reputation system, what makes you think it's going to stop there? My only worry is how much dilithium it will cost to unlock our fleet solar system LOL.
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
The most logical content , Pvp is a diaster ,
So you get to redo the the old content agaon
There's an old saying....."What is the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting change"

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
Ensign
# 7
11-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Do not question the wisdom of Stahl's design! He didn't do a stint at Zynga (Farmville) for nothing, you know.