Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Ensign
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 13
During Diplomatic Investigation, Hromi Cluster, Alpha Kappa, the planetary request was for communications arrays. I had just bought and banked a stack of them for transfer to my other char who needs them for rep/fleet donations/etc so I know that I had 250 of them before the quest. The prompt for these quests is funny and seems to double tap, requesting delivery of the item twice, if you proceed directly toward delivering them rather than getting the quest, leaving to get the item and then returning... so after the quest completion from the second prompt I just thought I would double check to see how many communications arrays were taken whether it was 10 per the planet's request or 20 due to the apparent double tap... lo, and behold when I checked, the quest had removed the entire stack of communications arrays - 250 of them.

Submitted an in-game ticket for number 1,776,425... yikes. with so many tickets is there a remote chance that this will ever be addressed? ...

Booker@stilletojoe - fed; Tahchi@stilletojoe - rom (the char I was on at the time); Tal'nyah@stilletojoe - kdf
Ensign
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 13
# 2
07-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilletojoe View Post
During Diplomatic Investigation, Hromi Cluster, Alpha Kappa, the planetary request was for communications arrays. I had just bought and banked a stack of them for transfer to my other char who needs them for rep/fleet donations/etc so I know that I had 250 of them before the quest. The prompt for these quests is funny and seems to double tap, requesting delivery of the item twice, if you proceed directly toward delivering them rather than getting the quest, leaving to get the item and then returning... so after the quest completion from the second prompt I just thought I would double check to see how many communications arrays were taken whether it was 10 per the planet's request or 20 due to the apparent double tap... lo, and behold when I checked, the quest had removed the entire stack of communications arrays - 250 of them.

Submitted an in-game ticket for number 1,776,425... yikes. with so many tickets is there a remote chance that this will ever be addressed? ...

Booker@stilletojoe - fed; Tahchi@stilletojoe - rom (the char I was on at the time); Tal'nyah@stilletojoe - kdf
I have added this entire "communication chain" as PWE has taken no action whatsoever and insists on closing tickets...

Communication History
Customer via CSS Web 07/28/2013 10:57 AM
Well what have you done besides send me canned responses? NO IT IS NOT DONE. THE PROBLEM STILL OCCURS.
Response Support Staff via Email 07/19/2013 12:38 PM
Hello

I'm sorry to hear you lost your reward. Unfortunately, we won't be able to assist you with this issue.

With that said, we would like to encourage you to submit a Bug Report, with your findings, directly to our QA team. This may be done by selecting 'Bug Report' from the list of available help options. Do note that Bug Reports are reviewed by members of the QA team, however you will not be able to edit or view any reported bugs. Additionally, Bug Reports do not receive personalized responses.

Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

In the future, to help us provide the highest quality service to our players, please use the "Report a Bug" button in the Help and Support menu, rather than "Request GM Help", when reporting possible bugs that may not require immediate intervention by a GM.

In the future, please be careful when trading, and understand the risk in dealing with other players.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. Thank you for playing!
---------------------------
Perfect World Support
Check out the new Fury of the Feywild module for Neverwinter.
Customer via CSS Web 07/19/2013 12:29 PM
Your canned response is infuriating because 1) it fails to respond to the issue addressed, 2) it appears to be the wrong form e-mail, 3) it appears that no one actually read the issue, 4) it accuses the player of having asked for GM intervention vice having submitted a BUG REPORT, 5) IT IS OVER A MONTH LATE, 6) it fails to identify that it is in fact a canned response - which may prevent some of the frustration players feel when dealing with the massive unresponsiveness regarding this game and this company, especially as the canned response appears to ACCUSE THE PLAYER OF WRONG DOING, NAIVETE, AND OTHER ON LINE INDISCRETIONS.

In fact I did click to submit a bug report. I believe in the tiny space that was provided, I submitted enough detailed information to be able to identify the area of code that is affected and to find the actual error and fix it.


I'm sorry to hear you lost your reward. Unfortunately, we won't be able to assist you with this issue. At this time items which are accidentally misplaced, deleted, deconstructed, sold, bound to the wrong character, tossed, disappeared or accidentally discharged do not qualify for reimbursement or replacement.

I did not "lose my reward", I did not "accidentally misplace, delete, deconstruct, sell, bind to wrong character, toss" the item. I did identify EXACTLY HOW THE ITEM DISAPPEARED AND WHY. I indicated that this had happened before, I had a suspicion of what had occurred and watched the event take place. I identified the DIPLOMATIC MISSION, THE PROBLEM WITH THE MISSION, AND THE METHOD TO REPRODUCE THE ERROR, which would allow a tester to verify the problem, isolate the affected code and fix the problem.

Although I have not programmed in quite some time, I believe that even with my rusty skills this should not be a difficult or time consuming problem (UNLESS YOU ARE PROGRAMMING WITH SPAGHETTI CODE).
Response Support Staff via Email 07/19/2013 12:22 PM
Hello

Thank you for your feedback! This MMORPG is a living and evolving experience. As such, the Game will continue to change as we implement and polish new features.

If you wish to discuss your feedback with the game community, we encourage you to do so on the official forums (which you can reach through the community link on the launcher).

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for playing!
---------------------------
Perfect World Support
Check out the new Fury of the Feywild module for Neverwinter.
Customer via CSS Email 07/19/2013 12:13 PM
Oh and in regard to:

"In the future, to help us provide the highest quality service to our
players, please use the "Report a Bug" button in the Help and Support menu,
rather than "Request GM Help", when reporting possible bugs that may not
require immediate intervention by a GM. "

That is exactly what I thought I was doing when I clicked the button...
YOUR SYSTEMS SUCK, its no wonder you have MILLIONS of tickets and can't
respond to them.



On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM, John Gandy <jgandy512@gmail.com> wrote:

> ?! Did you or ANYONE actually read the issue? Is this just a canned
> response? NO IT IS NOT RESOLVED!
>
> I was reporting a bug in a quest procedure... while your "apologetic" BS
> says you won't get my materials back, it makes ZERO REFERENCE to actually
> having read the incident and making corrections to the program to prevent
> the bug from affecting other players. I have tested the incident and it
> continues to react in the same way, overcharging deliverable items in the
> diplomatic quests.
>
> FIX YOUR BUGGY GAME. So what if I lost a stack of communications arrays,
> I'm telling you your program is broken, where the problem comes up, and it
> should be relatively simple to find the affected program area AND FIX IT.
>
> Thank you,
>
> John Gandy
> MS Software Engineering,
> BS Computer Science
>
>
>
> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 4:29 AM, PWE Customer Service <
> customerservice@perfectworld.com> wrote:
>
>> **
>>
>> Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
>> center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
>>
>> We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you
>> within 168 hours.
>>
>> Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
>>
>> To access your question from our support site, click here.
>>
>> * Subject* Diplomatic Inquiry quest takes entire quantity avail * Discussion
>> Thread* * Response Via Email (Support Staff)*07/19/2013 04:29 AM Hello
>>
>> Thank you for contacting us about this. We apologize for the late
>> response. Unfortunately, due to the incredibly high volume of tickets sent
>> in regarding Star Trek Online, we have not been able to provide an answer
>> to each ticket at the rate we aimed for.
>>
>> I'm sorry to hear you lost your reward. Unfortunately, we won't be able
>> to assist you with this issue. At this time items which are accidentally
>> misplaced, deleted, deconstructed, sold, bound to the wrong character,
>> tossed, disappeared or accidentally discharged do not qualify for
>> reimbursement or replacement.
>>
>> Should you accidentally sell an item in the future, do not leave the
>> vendor as there is an option to buyback your items if you have not left the
>> vendor.
>>
>> With that said, we would like to encourage you to submit a Bug Report,
>> with your findings, directly to our QA team. This may be done by selecting
>> 'Bug Report' from the list of available help options. Do note that Bug
>> Reports are reviewed by members of the QA team, however you will not be
>> able to edit or view any reported bugs. Additionally, Bug Reports do not
>> receive personalized responses.
>>
>> Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as
>> quickly as possible.
>>
>> In the future, to help us provide the highest quality service to our
>> players, please use the "Report a Bug" button in the Help and Support menu,
>> rather than "Request GM Help", when reporting possible bugs that may not
>> require immediate intervention by a GM.
>>
>> In the future, please be careful when trading, and understand the risk in
>> dealing with other players.
>>
>> We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. Thank you
>> for playing!
>> ---------------------------
>> Perfect World Support
>> **Check out the new Fury of the Feywildmodule for Neverwinter.
>> ** * Customer By Web Form *06/13/2013 01:59 AM During diplomatic
>> inquiry, System Alpha Kappa Relief Effort, requested item is communications
>> arrays, I had 250 of them in stock. Following quest completion the entire
>> stack is gone. I found that if I have the item in stock, this quest prompts
>> twice, so I was checking to see if it double dipped as it appears to do...
>> instead of double dipping, it took the entire quantity (250) instead of the
>> 10. * Question Reference #130613-000141* *Product Level 1: *Star Trek
>> Online *Category Level 1: *Customer Support *Category Level 2: *Gameplay
>> *Date Created: *06/13/2013 01:59 AM *Last Updated: *07/19/2013 04:29 AM *
>> Status: *Waiting *Connection Type: * *Date/Time of Problem: * *
>> Character: *Tahchi *Server: *Holodeck * Operating System* * Internet
>> Service Provider* * Computer Manufacturer* * Transaction ID* N/A
>>
>>
>
>
Customer via CSS Email 07/19/2013 12:13 PM
?! Did you or ANYONE actually read the issue? Is this just a canned
response? NO IT IS NOT RESOLVED!

I was reporting a bug in a quest procedure... while your "apologetic" BS
says you won't get my materials back, it makes ZERO REFERENCE to actually
having read the incident and making corrections to the program to prevent
the bug from affecting other players. I have tested the incident and it
continues to react in the same way, overcharging deliverable items in the
diplomatic quests.

FIX YOUR BUGGY GAME. So what if I lost a stack of communications arrays,
I'm telling you your program is broken, where the problem comes up, and it
should be relatively simple to find the affected program area AND FIX IT.

Thank you,

John Gandy
MS Software Engineering,
BS Computer Science


On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 4:29 AM, PWE Customer Service <
customerservice@perfectworld.com> wrote:

> **
>
> Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
> center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.
>
> We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you
> within 168 hours.
>
> Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
>
> To access your question from our support site, click here.
>
> * Subject* Diplomatic Inquiry quest takes entire quantity avail * Discussion
> Thread* * Response Via Email (Support Staff)*07/19/2013 04:29 AM Hello
>
> Thank you for contacting us about this. We apologize for the late
> response. Unfortunately, due to the incredibly high volume of tickets sent
> in regarding Star Trek Online, we have not been able to provide an answer
> to each ticket at the rate we aimed for.
>
> I'm sorry to hear you lost your reward. Unfortunately, we won't be able to
> assist you with this issue. At this time items which are accidentally
> misplaced, deleted, deconstructed, sold, bound to the wrong character,
> tossed, disappeared or accidentally discharged do not qualify for
> reimbursement or replacement.
>
> Should you accidentally sell an item in the future, do not leave the
> vendor as there is an option to buyback your items if you have not left the
> vendor.
>
> With that said, we would like to encourage you to submit a Bug Report,
> with your findings, directly to our QA team. This may be done by selecting
> 'Bug Report' from the list of available help options. Do note that Bug
> Reports are reviewed by members of the QA team, however you will not be
> able to edit or view any reported bugs. Additionally, Bug Reports do not
> receive personalized responses.
>
> Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as
> quickly as possible.
>
> In the future, to help us provide the highest quality service to our
> players, please use the "Report a Bug" button in the Help and Support menu,
> rather than "Request GM Help", when reporting possible bugs that may not
> require immediate intervention by a GM.
>
> In the future, please be careful when trading, and understand the risk in
> dealing with other players.
>
> We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. Thank you
> for playing!
> ---------------------------
> Perfect World Support
> **Check out the new Fury of the Feywildmodule for Neverwinter.
> ** * Customer By Web Form *06/13/2013 01:59 AM During diplomatic inquiry,
> System Alpha Kappa Relief Effort, requested item is communications arrays,
> I had 250 of them in stock. Following quest completion the entire stack is
> gone. I found that if I have the item in stock, this quest prompts twice,
> so I was checking to see if it double dipped as it appears to do... instead
> of double dipping, it took the entire quantity (250) instead of the 10.
> * Question Reference #130613-000141* *Product Level 1: *Star Trek Online *Category
> Level 1: *Customer Support *Category Level 2: *Gameplay *Date Created: *06/13/2013
> 01:59 AM *Last Updated: *07/19/2013 04:29 AM *Status: *Waiting *Connection
> Type: * *Date/Time of Problem: * *Character: *Tahchi *Server: *Holodeck
> * Operating System* * Internet Service Provider* * Computer
> Manufacturer* * Transaction ID* N/A
>
Response Support Staff via Email 07/19/2013 04:29 AM
Hello

Thank you for contacting us about this. We apologize for the late response. Unfortunately, due to the incredibly high volume of tickets sent in regarding Star Trek Online, we have not been able to provide an answer to each ticket at the rate we aimed for.

I'm sorry to hear you lost your reward. Unfortunately, we won't be able to assist you with this issue. At this time items which are accidentally misplaced, deleted, deconstructed, sold, bound to the wrong character, tossed, disappeared or accidentally discharged do not qualify for reimbursement or replacement.

Should you accidentally sell an item in the future, do not leave the vendor as there is an option to buyback your items if you have not left the vendor.

With that said, we would like to encourage you to submit a Bug Report, with your findings, directly to our QA team. This may be done by selecting 'Bug Report' from the list of available help options. Do note that Bug Reports are reviewed by members of the QA team, however you will not be able to edit or view any reported bugs. Additionally, Bug Reports do not receive personalized responses.

Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

In the future, to help us provide the highest quality service to our players, please use the "Report a Bug" button in the Help and Support menu, rather than "Request GM Help", when reporting possible bugs that may not require immediate intervention by a GM.

In the future, please be careful when trading, and understand the risk in dealing with other players.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. Thank you for playing!
---------------------------
Perfect World Support
Check out the new Fury of the Feywild module for Neverwinter.
Customer via CSS Web 06/13/2013 01:59 AM
During diplomatic inquiry, System Alpha Kappa Relief Effort, requested item is communications arrays, I had 250 of them in stock. Following quest completion the entire stack is gone. I found that if I have the item in stock, this quest prompts twice, so I was checking to see if it double dipped as it appears to do... instead of double dipping, it took the entire quantity (250) instead of the 10.
Additional Details
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:29 AM.