Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Season 7 Dev Blog #8
10-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Executive Producer Daniel Stahl shares details about the upcoming Task Force Omega Reputation System in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 2
10-24-2012, 12:11 PM
I have two simple questions about the following.

Quote:
All types of these items will be immediately converted to Omega Marks and Borg Neural Processors when the owning character logs in for the first time after Season 7 releases.

Any items converted this way will go into a storage device which cannot be retrieved until the character reaches Tier 5 in the Task Force Omega Reputation System.

The storage device, called an Omega Conversion Crate, will denote how much of each item is stored for later retrieval and will remain locked until you achieve Tier 5 in the Omega Reputation System. Once unlocked, your character will be able to retrieve the Omega Marks and Borg Commodities that were converted along with a bonus amount of Dilithium Ore.

The Omega Marks (and Dilithium Ore) can then be used immediately to assist in purchasing any unlocked gear set rewards. After reviewing the data, the conversion rate for most players will allow for the purchase of a partial and in some case full set of their choosing. Or, if you?re already fully geared, an option will be available to convert surplus Omega Marks into additional Dilithium Ore.
1. Are you going to give us hard numbers at any point before season 7 hits?

2. If you are going to give us hard numbers, when will you give them?

To anyone besides the devs, and in my honest opinion at this point in time, unless you have a metric ton of stuff, either use it now, or convert it to dilithium, you'll probably be happier.
Career Officer
# 3
10-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Where's the information concerning the *EXACT* conversion rates that I seem to remember being promised? All that tells us is:

1. Everything will be converted (we already knew this!)
  2. We won't have access to our converted currencies until we max out Omega reputation!

Please tell me these decisions aren't final!

Last edited by eulifdavis; 10-24-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
10-24-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm a bit confused. If I have some anti borg weapons on my ship that I bought from DS9, are they going to vanish from my ship when season 7 hits?

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Rihannsu
# 5
10-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Actually I have another question or two. Currently on the test server, the projects require such things like provisions and other things that can be had for EC. Is all that going away and being replaced with Borg Neural Processors?

Also, I believe that Borg Neural Processorcan be had already in the Deferia zone. Is this the same item, and if so, is anything being done to them? Or could someone farm them now and be better prepared when season 7 hits?
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
10-24-2012, 12:23 PM
so now I have to spend godo nly knows how long grinding borg doff crap to get the xii stuff ?
Captain
# 7
10-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
NOTE: All STF ?currency? items not spent before Season 7 launch will be converted to the new system!

There are 42 items that will be converted including:

* Encrypted Data Chips (EDCs)
* Marks of Requisition
* Recruit, Veteran, and Elite Requisitions
* Rare and Prototype Borg Salvage
* Common, Rare, and Prototype Tech

All types of these items will be immediately converted to Omega Marks and Borg Neural Processors when the owning character logs in for the first time after Season 7 releases.

Any items converted this way will go into a storage device which cannot be retrieved until the character reaches Tier 5 in the Task Force Omega Reputation System.

The storage device, called an Omega Conversion Crate, will denote how much of each item is stored for later retrieval and will remain locked until you achieve Tier 5 in the Omega Reputation System. Once unlocked, your character will be able to retrieve the Omega Marks and Borg Commodities that were converted along with a bonus amount of Dilithium Ore.
So basically CASH OUT !!!

You CANNOT use your pre-won converted assets UNTIL you achieve tier 5 in the new system.

...ALSO NO info in the conversion rate between the current edc/salvage and the omega marks (as feared).
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 8
10-24-2012, 12:27 PM
I've heard no mention of "Borg Neural Processors" before now. Are these a new name for Elite Omega Marks or are they something entirely seperate from that? If they are not a new name for the Elite Omega Marks then are they random drops?
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
10-24-2012, 12:30 PM
medal of honor accolade ? elite commander accolade.
sigh.
Career Officer
# 10
10-24-2012, 12:31 PM
"BOFFs now show visuals when wearing STF gear sets"

*tears of joy*
----
Closed Thread