Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,180
# 11
11-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0cutus359 View Post
Hello Mr. BranFlakes...

I hope you note this "feature" is going to have negative consequences on Team Play and needs to be rebalanced to some these of suggestions previously.

Thx
Locutus
Why are you calling out Brandon he has nothing to do with that, but I'm pretty sure he will pass on your grievance to the people who can change things.



If you're only doing it for the drops then yeah beating people and being on top is your goal, but if you're there for the Dil, does not really matter what your rank is as long as it gets done as everyone gets the same Dil . If you have fleet mates and friends then team work is great and is not effected when you want to farm the FA fast and get it done quickly so you can jump on the next FA to get more Dil.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party


Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 12
11-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Why are you calling out Brandon he has nothing to do with that, but I'm pretty sure he will pass on your grievance to the people who can change things.

If you're only doing it for the drops then yeah beating people and being on top is your goal, but if you're there for the Dil, does not really matter what your rank is as long as it gets done as everyone gets the same Dil . If you have fleet mates and friends then team work is great and is not effected when you want to farm the FA fast and get it done quickly so you can jump on the next FA to get more Dil.
Yes it does matter, more or less. Because Cryptic's "top" content does not promote teamwork, but "everyone for himself" attitude. This imho is not in the spirit of Star Trek at very least. And as I said, what starts in fleet actions happens in STFs later. People not willing to support others, labeling science ships/cruisers as liabliity in STFs and such.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 245
# 13
11-14-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm always first in may Ody
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,180
# 14
11-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Yes it does matter, more or less. Because Cryptic's "top" content does not promote teamwork, but "everyone for himself" attitude. This imho is not in the spirit of Star Trek at very least. And as I said, what starts in fleet actions happens in STFs later. People not willing to support others, labeling science ships/cruisers as liabliity in STFs and such.

You mean how people already label them prior to S7. Or how some pug groups just do what they want already....sorry but that already happened. If you want teamwork thats why we have fleets, and friends in game for, and to make FA go faster you NEED team work....no one is doing FA for the competition if so then FA would have been popping left and right before S7. I'm pretty sure now that FA are popping its for Dil, which they want to get fast to go to the next FA and get more so team work is still in play.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party


Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 239
# 15
11-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
You mean how people already label them prior to S7. Or how some pug groups just do what they want already....sorry but that already happened. If you want teamwork thats why we have fleets, and friends in game for, and to make FA go faster you NEED team work....no one is doing FA for the competition if so then FA would have been popping left and right before S7. I'm pretty sure now that FA are popping its for Dil, which they want to get fast to go to the next FA and get more so team work is still in play.
Trolling again mate? there's no hope for you


Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 16
11-14-2012, 01:20 PM
I do not want to turn this into "escorts can get everything" thread. My point is, that FA do not promote teamplay, but rather the opposite.

Like I see that almost destroyedescort over there fighting a group of NPC. Now, should I:

A) save the escort, and help him get purples instead of me...
B) let him die and finish of the NPC to help me for purples

And that's what's bothers me about FA the most.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,180
# 17
11-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I do not want to turn this into "escorts can get everything" thread. My point is, that FA do not promote teamplay, but rather the opposite.

Like I see that almost destroyedescort over there fighting a group of NPC. Now, should I:

A) save the escort, and help him get purples instead of me...
B) let him die and finish of the NPC to help me for purples

And that's what's bothers me about FA the most.
Players are not in there for the purples they are in there for the Pink rocks called dilithium

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party


Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 239
# 18
11-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
A) save the escort, and help him get purples instead of me...
B) let him die and finish of the NPC to help me for purples
C) Assume he has it and move onto the next pack. Thus completing the FA faster for everyone, while still benefitting your score. Win-win IMO.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,080
# 19
11-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
You mean how people already label them prior to S7. Or how some pug groups just do what they want already....sorry but that already happened. If you want teamwork thats why we have fleets, and friends in game for, and to make FA go faster you NEED team work....no one is doing FA for the competition if so then FA would have been popping left and right before S7. I'm pretty sure now that FA are popping its for Dil, which they want to get fast to go to the next FA and get more so team work is still in play.
I PuG only. I will not get into the discussion of why I am not a 'fleet type person'

I have seen some amazing teamwork take place in PuG Estfs. Some really good crazy stuff when a few people really know what they are doing. I also try and always pack 'force multipliers' on my Estf builds. Like Attack Pattern Beta instead of Omega. Gravity Well and Chrono Torps to setup the mass destruction. Things like that.

Just ran a fleet action, got 2nd place. Got a drop worth about 5 mil EC. Could have had 2 if I wasn't using my STF ship. Guess what abilities I will not be bringing to those ever again

FAs do not in any way require teamwork, nor do they reward it. So why should I do it? It is awesome, finally some group content I can Kirk out in without anyone to complain. Or is it suck, not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Players are not in there for the purples they are in there for the Pink rocks called dilithium
False, there are far faster ways of getting said purple rock than FAs. People are there because it is the only content in the game that has the 'joy of discovery' random loot system with the chance at really good drops. The purple rock is just a binnie.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 20
11-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Simply, because it does not promote teamplay. Why should I heal the escort over there with my cruiser? So he grabs the purples ? Why should I slot extended and protect my allies when I'm directly competing against them for reward and sloting offensive ability would be much more better for me? Isn't it better to let them die, so I can get the objectives myself ?

Why ? Because the system is fail. It promotes dps racing and not teamplay, which in turn reflects how people play in STF.

Killing a target objective should have same value as keeping alive that escort that killed it.
You know I never gave much thought to how the Fleet Actions worked but the OP is 100% correct the top rewards in Fleet Actions always goes to the player with the highest damage and kill count.

Perhaps Cryptic was hoping that the players dislike for Fleet Actions would help them to get a better grip on the Dilithium economy.

All in all removing Dilithium from the most popular source for farming it was just Cryptics way of giving the knife that they already stuck in our collective backs a good twist.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:54 AM.