Captain
# 1 Vo'Quv build help needed
11-14-2012, 12:15 PM
ok so im new to the klingon side some of you might have read my post about choosing between carriers .

In the end i chose the vo'quv and boy was i pleased. I dont pvp alot but i had a go today in a fed vs klink cap n hold, two of my team dropped out upon starting so we didnt stand much of a chance. In the end i had 1.8mil healing and 650k damage dealt. Wow this thing can tank.

Fore weapons :
diruptor DBB x2, quantum torpedoe(Borg)

Rear weapons :
Disruptor turrets x3

Tac Console :
Disruptor x2

Eng Console :
Ablative, Electroceramic, Monotanium

Sci console :
Emitter Array x2, Flow capacitor, Assimilated module

Boff layout :
Tactical-
TactTeam1, TacTeam2, Attack pattern beta2

Engineering-
EmergencyToSH1, ReverseShieldPol1, Emergency ToSH3

Science-
TransferShStrength1, HazardEmitt2, PhotonicOffi2, GravWell2

Science-
HazardEmitt1, TransferShStrength2

Hangar :
2x Brel BOP

As impressed as i am obviously everything can be improvedand i think its my damage output. I am an engineer pilot, i have enough zen to buy one special console was thinking either the bio warhead or subspace jumper. I aim to buy brothl Bops. I want to be a damage dealing carrier.

Any help or opinions would be much appreciated i did hear that the biowarhead is hard to use but i personally dont think the jumper would be any help for me as i mostly do stfs.
Captain
# 2
11-15-2012, 05:57 AM
If you want to deal damage in STFs, this is the BOFF set up I would suggest.

LTC Tac: TacTeam, Beam Overload, Pattern Omega
LTC Engi: EPtW, EPtW, Aux2SIF
CMD Sci: TSS, Haz Emitter, Scramble Sensors, Grav Well.
LT Sci: Tractor, Repulsors

I would also suggest filling the Engineering consoles with Neutronium

And get the Isometric Charge console if you can.
Constant exposure to the same opinions leads to continual reinforcement of ideas until eventually, any challenge, no matter what form it takes, is going to be met with a disproportionate sense of outrage. Room for reasoned discussion can no longer occur.

Captain
# 3
11-15-2012, 07:11 AM
The Plasmonic Leach is the best console to buy first, IMO, because it's good for pretty much any ship. On a sustained fire ship like yours it's golden, no cooldown, no arc, no drawbacks. I have ISO on a fed because I got it in a lockbox, but I wouldn't have spent money on it.

Photonic Officer is rubbish, if you want to reduce cooldowns you need 3 Tech Doffs and Aux2Batt, but I don't think there's enough Eng slots on the Vo'quv for it. That PO2 is taking up a huge spot for HE3, TSS3, or (what I would run) ST3. ST3 saves lives.

I would say slot 2-3 Damage Control Engineers (I slot 2) and 1 Warp Core Engineer (as an Eng you might not feel the need). Then run EPTA and EPTS. The doffs will give you the uptime of 2 copies of each plus a chance to pump all power levels from the Warp Core Engineer. As an Eng you should basically be at 125 in 3 if not 4 systems all the time without investing too much.

She's got a big, fat butt on her, but she has the ability to load GW, EWP, and DPB2 or DPB1 + APO1. APO is debatable. The cd is long, but as an Eng you need a source of damage buffs; EWP is dependent on getting the old girl on roller skates to apply it in the right place and APO buffs movement, but the base movement is so stinking low that it's not as beneficial as it could be, so... This will not work in PvP, but for STFs the borg are pretty obliging if you ask them to stay in one place while you lumber by with this combo. This is not your stay at 8 km, CC, and launch pets combo.

You're missing a plain old Tractor Beam. Don't leave spacedock without it for PvP.
Captain
# 4
11-15-2012, 07:25 AM
edit: eh, sorry, I didn't see the "PVP". Ignore me, my comments are useless for PVP.

Last edited by momaw; 11-15-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Captain
# 5 Thanks
11-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks very much for both your input. I heard that unless you don't you spec into power drains the plasmonic leach is useless if this is not the case i will buy it straight away as ive done alot of reading on it and it sounds really usefull.

again thank you definitely be implementing some of those ideas.
Captain
# 6
11-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Thanks very much for both your input. I heard that unless you don't you spec into power drains the plasmonic leach is useless if this is not the case i will buy it straight away as ive done alot of reading on it and it sounds really usefull.

again thank you definitely be implementing some of those ideas.
They fix and unfix the counter to the PL drain, but the buff is so good that I'd slot the console if it didn't drain the other guy at all. It's just that good. It's one of the few consoles that isn't situational, like ISO needs a clump of targets to really shine, PL is "always on" as long as you're shooting somebody; it's valuable to pretty much everything except a hit and fade build like a B'rel or some BoP.

I forgot to go into why I think Photonic Officer is bad, and I do try to support at least my negative opinions. The big problem is that it doesn't subtract seconds from timers (A2B tech doffs, however, do exactly that) it puts them into this weird accelerated cooldown timer. So let's say you have 16 seconds left on PO, you activate another ability which goes into a shortened timer let's call it 17 seconds instead of 30, which seems cool, because the shortened timer actually says 17 seconds. 16 seconds later PO wears off and so does the weird accelerated cooldown state, and 13 seconds get added back on to the second ability. So for the abilities with the really long cooldowns, meaning the ones which benefit the most from it, PO will wear off and they will revert to their original timers.
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-16-2012, 01:35 AM
Well being I've been running a Vo'Quv for 2 years I can tell you the do's and don'ts of this ship.

The break down of this is it turns so slow that you do not want to use anything that has a narrow type of arc. Turrets just don't do enough damage so don't waste your time there same goes with torpedoes and any skill that has narrow arcs such as that. You mainly want beams on this thing foremost it is a science ship which engineers can adapt to use but horrible for a tactical player.

So your best options are skills like tractor repulsors, feedback pulse, energy stealing to go with the targeting of the systems but instead of omega like you were told in one post I recommend for your best bang is use target shields 3. If you are to use an attack pattern use beta in pve and delta in pvp (because beta is stripped from tactical team). The ship is so big and turns extremely slow your omega and dampners aren't going to help at all and projectiles are the benefit damage of the pets for the most part since they heavily nerfed their energy damage out put back around seasons 4 and 5.

So basically pack enough heals and arc less or very wide arc weaponry and it does best with a sci because as a sci you can use your sci only powers to help give your pets damage resistance. If you hit your target shields 3 right and coordinate with your advanced bop pets it'll blow them right out of their nacelles. Especially in PvP you do not want to use those narrow arcs because people can easily navigate to your sides to avoid being hit. For your powers with plasmonic leech you basically want your powers to be around 100/50/50/80 its pretty balanced gives you enough damage resist, weapons power, defense from engines, and aux for your aux based skills and hangar control. Overall if you do it like this people will have a hard time trying to destroy you and npcs just will explode all around you. Is why I wonder why feds go and buy an atrox when the free vo'quv is a much better ship.
Captain
# 8 Hello
11-16-2012, 02:05 AM
Couldn't agree more over the past few days of play ive bought the plasmonic leach and on deciding which sci powers to train so thanks for those ideas. I have an atrox and im so glad that i only had to put 1k zen towards my dilit grinding because this ship is twice the ship of the atrox in fact this is my best ship dps isnt great but spiking damage can take bigger targets(tac cubes, cubes, gates) down with ease for some reason im struggling against smaller targets(spheres, Raptors, Neghvars) dont know why any ideas? was thinking of maybe tetryon setup to take shields faster

EDIT** Tryed switching out one of those copys of TacTeam and it reduces my tanking ability by approximately half which is not good as the whole point of a carrier is to survive while your pets die, this was only tested on pvp.

Last edited by mustafatennick; 11-16-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Captain
# 9
11-16-2012, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Couldn't agree more over the past few days of play ive bought the plasmonic leach and on deciding which sci powers to train so thanks for those ideas. I have an atrox and im so glad that i only had to put 1k zen towards my dilit grinding because this ship is twice the ship of the atrox in fact this is my best ship dps isnt great but spiking damage can take bigger targets(tac cubes, cubes, gates) down with ease for some reason im struggling against smaller targets(spheres, Raptors, Neghvars) dont know why any ideas? was thinking of maybe tetryon setup to take shields faster

EDIT** Tryed switching out one of those copys of TacTeam and it reduces my tanking ability by approximately half which is not good as the whole point of a carrier is to survive while your pets die, this was only tested on pvp.
I seem to do well with tyken's rift/polarons. But my sci has fully specced flow capacitators and two of the consoles slotted ^^

Pop tykens, tractor beam them in place and slam them with polaron weapons, then just watch their ships disintegrate.

Also completely renders cubes helpless, target practice for my BoPs...

That's tykens rift 2, btw, as I'm also running Gravity Well 3, for giggles. In an elite cure match I can get 3 neghs and 1/2 raptors in a gravity well, pop tykens rift 15 secs later, and have them all blow up in one big warp core chain-reaction.
Career Officer
# 10
11-18-2012, 08:19 AM
I use six PolDis beam arrays (with its turn rate, broadsiding is the best option). If I could get a wide-angle torpedo launcher for KDF, I'd replace a beam with it.

For consoles, two field generators, two flow caps, plasmonic leech, and the rest don't really matter.

Abilities: two copies of Tyken's Rift, two copies of APB for pet support, and everything else is a heal and/or resistance booster of some kind. Feel free to substitute grav well and particle generator consoles for Tyken's and flow caps.

And advanced BoPs. At over 60k dilithium for a pair, they're not cheap, but they're the only pet worth spending that much for. Get two doffs to reduce hangar recharge times; as soon as all of your BoPs fire their high yield volleys, cycle the hangars to get fresh ones (with reset power cooldowns) out.

I can't emphasize that last part enough- it is imeritive that you cycle the hangars frequently to keep your BoPs pointed in the right direction. If they're circling the enemy firing their aft turrets at it, you're just wasting your time.

Last edited by futurepastnow; 11-18-2012 at 08:24 AM.