Career Officer
# 1 Vo'quv or Qin?
11-30-2012, 09:46 AM
I am a Tac officer and in a day or so i'm going to have the option of a new ship.

I like the look of the Vo'quv carrier and it seems a good choice, but the Qin looks equally good.

Which should I get??
Captain
# 2 Hey
11-30-2012, 10:02 AM
The voquv is great fun it does take skill to use properly but if you get it right it really can be a formidable weapon

I like the Qin but if I was you I'd get the voquv then get the mirror Qin for penny's off the exchange and then you can see for yourself
Captain
# 3
11-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
The voquv is great fun it does take skill to use properly but if you get it right it really can be a formidable weapon

I like the Qin but if I was you I'd get the voquv then get the mirror Qin for penny's off the exchange and then you can see for yourself
This.

Vo'Quv is an excellent all-round carrier.

The mirror Qin is a fine thing, and you can get if for some 1,5 mil, last I checked. Fluctuates, though.
Captain
# 4
11-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Voquv usually does better for an eng or sci. Karfi is a more tactical carrier, it has 1 more tac console and an extra lt tac station so you can take more advantage of tac captain buffs. It might be a better idea to take a Heghta BOP as your free level 40 ship so you can try that and see if you like bop at all and get the mirror raptor off exchange. If you really want to try carrier I would either buy the Karfi or make an eng and get the Voquv on him.
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-30-2012, 11:12 AM
The Qin can be a fun craft as well but its slow nose travel will drive you nuts unless you learn throttle contorl for tight turns and run 2xApO.

I would wait and get the FLeet Versions of the Qin or better, the Fleet Somraw
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.