Lt. Commander
Am I the only one?

With all of the changes, it feels like a chore to play the game...
Survivor of Remus
# 2
11-14-2012, 02:41 PM
You are definitely not alone.....

and I also don't feel 'motivated' to spend money on the game anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
You are definitely not alone.....

and I also don't feel 'motivated' to spend money on the game anymore.
me 2

/10 chars
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Nope, there is lots of new stuff to do at last
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 5
11-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Heh, you're far from alone. Generally, I logged in, done the Academy Events (1440 Dilithium) and the Lore Questions ect, then upgraded all and any Doff Officers I had. From there, I adjusted / completed / started other Duty Officer Assignments and then flew around to do various missions.

I logged in early this morning, noticed the Dilithium prices weren't an elaborate joke, and subsequently logged back out again. Until they're reduced, I'm not playing. I'm a member of a Fleet, and we've not reached Tier #2 yet, probably about 50% thought (it's a small fleet). Now we're expected to do these Omega and Romulan Missions to get unique kit, Duty Officers, Bridge Officers, Weapons ect which we need a fair amount of Dilithium for.

That's Dilithium that I'm going to have a hard time getting now, plus I was saving up for some more ships. No longer can I do that. This is all in addition to Duty Officer Assignments (Purple Officers obviously bring back better rewards). It's a joke. I refuse to play the game again until this matter is sorted.
Ensign
# 6
11-14-2012, 03:43 PM
That reminds me. Are there any games that don't suck? I'm trying to think of one to fill the void left by Star Trek Online, now that it's been ruined in favor of more more more short term profit. Why deliver a fun game when you can trick players out of their money, call it "free to play" while raising paywalls around important features, deliberately waste more and more of their time, and deliver nothing they actually want?
KIRK:That which you call Ee'd Plebnista was not written for the chiefs or the kings or the warriors or the rich and powerful, but for all the people! These words were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone or they mean nothing! Do you understand?

Last edited by omfg4202; 11-14-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Captain
# 7
11-14-2012, 03:58 PM
I've cleared everything on new romulus.

I've got both Omega and Romulan Reputation nearing tier one completion with 200 romulan marks and 102 omega marks saved.

All that's left is the grind.

All this game seems to be is grind.
Captain
# 8
11-14-2012, 04:14 PM
You're far from alone, what motivation do I have to grind?

1: STF kit I already have? Nah thanks
2: Romulan kit I wont use? Again, nah thanks
3: Fleet stuff? The point?

The only thing I've done in game for the last 3 days is to dance on DS9...
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
11-14-2012, 04:27 PM
I took it to the next level of "not logging on".

I ripped the band-aid off and canceled my gold subscription yesterday after seeing the dismal state that the game is currently in after Season 7. I have been a subscriber since day 1 of launch, uninterrupted 33+ months, 1015+ days -- the old fashioned way, not grandfathered in during the $200 LTS money grab promo.

I had hoped to play this game at least until my third anniversary celebration Feb 2013 and way beyond because it had always been my favorite game. But not anymore.

dstahl and developers more than proved that they don't care what the players think and rushed this update -- they were obviously worried about Star Wars: The Old Republic going free to play on Thursday November 15 since they moved S7 launch from the traditional Thursday patch day up to Tuesday.

On the good news side, I found "The Secret World" on sale at Best Buy for $19 so I picked that up. I've always been a Lovecraft fan and I hear good things about this game. I'll transfer that $15 a month I paid to Cryptic (and then their evil overlords PWE) for 33 months over to Funcom, I guess.

I love Star Trek, but I guess I can get my fix from my DVDs. I've been re-watching Deep Space 9 for the umpteenth time and loving every minute of it!
--
No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy01pwe View Post
I took it to the next level of "not logging on".

I ripped the band-aid off and canceled my gold subscription yesterday after seeing the dismal state that the game is currently in after Season 7. I have been a subscriber since day 1 of launch, uninterrupted 33+ months, 1015+ days -- the old fashioned way, not grandfathered in during the $200 LTS money grab promo.

I had hoped to play this game at least until my third anniversary celebration Feb 2013 and way beyond because it had always been my favorite game. But not anymore.

dstahl and developers more than proved that they don't care what the players think and rushed this update -- they were obviously worried about Star Wars: The Old Republic going free to play on Thursday November 15 since they moved S7 launch from the traditional Thursday patch day up to Tuesday.

On the good news side, I found "The Secret World" on sale at Best Buy for $19 so I picked that up. I've always been a Lovecraft fan and I hear good things about this game. I'll transfer that $15 a month I paid to Cryptic (and then their evil overlords PWE) for 33 months over to Funcom, I guess.

I love Star Trek, but I guess I can get my fix from my DVDs. I've been re-watching Deep Space 9 for the umpteenth time and loving every minute of it!
+1 to DS9. Best character development of any ST series.