Lieutenant
Here is the DOFF changes Section of the Patch Notes S7

Duty Officers:

The Dilithium cost associated with Reassignments has been increased:

White to Green: Now 500 Dilithium
Green to Blue: Now 2500 Dilithium
Blue to Purple: Now 5000 Dilithium

The "General Recruitment" assignment available on both faction Academy zones has been altered: Duration increased from 20 hours to 48 hours.
The cooldown is unchanged.

An input cost of 1000 Dilithium has been added.

The variety of Duty Officers in the Department-specific packs has increased dramatically to include nearly all Duty Officers available from General Recruitment.

These packs are 25% higher in price than the standard packs of the same quality level to reflect this improvement in contents.

Flight Deck Officer Duty Officers that are designed to reduce the cooldown of Boarding Parties now correctly reduce the cooldown.

Putting points into the Neural Neutralizer Duty Officer power will now properly increase the duration of the Placate.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So to summarize, everything related to generating the bread and butter of Free to Play DOFF generation, in relation to the MASSIVE number of DOFFs required to process Starbase and Embassy development, and additionally the across the board increase in dilithium costs and time investment.. equals "F" You, you free to play loosers, pay lots more money now or cry to someone who cares but we clearly don't.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Welcome to two weeks ago...
Lieutenant
# 3
11-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks I didnt expect all of the economic reality to change or Id have been keeping up with it more.
Captain
# 4
11-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Lieutenant
# 5
11-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Its cataclysmic in proportion for F2P people. Across the board increase in Dilithium costs and a vast reduction in the general casual ability to gather it.
Career Officer
# 6
11-14-2012, 10:57 AM
I feel your pain. Season 7 has been out two days already, and I'm already playing less.

It's a downhill slope from here on out. They're going to bleed this game dry, the playerbase will dry up, and before they know what's hit them, there wont be enough players paying their wages thus it'll cancel out the game, and their jobs. Sure, we'll all suffer, come long-term, so will they.

Unemployment sucks. Least we'll go knowing they brought it upon themselves. It might not be this year, it might not be next. Heck it might take another 5 years (though I can't see STO surviving that long) but Cryptic (or more likely, PWE) are ruining this game.

Last edited by flash525; 11-14-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Captain
# 7
11-14-2012, 11:43 AM
I understand the perception it is catastrophic. From a certain point of view, the DOff system is a game within a game. It's not absolutley needed. I mean it IS needed for various Fleet projects(as an example), but for a Fleet that is where a collective of people come together to get something done. As a group, resources can be acquired to achieve those goals.

SO, in this example, if DOffs are required for a fleet project, then it is the duty (pun intended) for the group to find ways to give what is needed. This may actually foster, you know, the *group* to work together.

On an individual level, again, no one needs to play the DOff system. It is neat and fun for what it is. But, the complaint above is about reasignments and getting more DOffs from within the game. Another way to get DOffs is through Lockboxes (oh, wait ... you have to buy keys). OR through specific assignments that trade some for others.

Overall, this is designed to get peole to play the game more and that is the mission of the game. If a player perceives they need to spend money to achieve a goal that can be acquired another way, then that is at no true fault of the game itself. I can't speak to Conspiracy or Fraud, I disagree its at those levels because its just a game (from my point of view). But I can say the new system is here and we should find ways to deal with it in the short term.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Lieutenant
# 8
11-14-2012, 11:47 AM
It worse than that. The catastrophe for F2P members is that the entire economic structure and ability to gather all resources has been vastly altered. Every element in the game, and every subsection of the game has changed. The ability to gather loot and process resources has been stunted at every level. Costs and requirements for all remaining resources and items has increased, while the ability to gather Dilithium to get them has been vastly decreased.
Captain
# 9
11-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I feel your pain. Season 7 has been out two days already, and I'm already playing less.

It's a downhill slope from here on out. They're going to bleed this game try, the playerbase will dry up, and before they know what's hit them, there wont be enough playing paying their wages thus it'll cancel out the game, and their jobs. Sure, we'll all suffer, come long-term, so will they.

Unemployment sucks. Least we'll go knowing they brought it upon themselves. It might not be this year, it might not be next. Heck it might take another 5 years (though I can't see STO surviving that long) but Cryptic (or more likely, PWE) are ruining this game.
Aww jeez- there goes season 8. I can just hear Dan saying "we had to scale back our plans for the KDF this season due to layoffs, so to keep the majority of our players happy NO KDF content was written because we lost all of our KDF artists and mission builders"
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 11-14-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Career Officer
# 10
11-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Aww jeez- there goes season 8. I can just hear Dan saying "we had to scale back our plans for the KDF this season due to layoffs, so to keep the majority of our players happy NO KDF content was written because we lost all of our KDF artists and mission builders"
It's taken them this long to complete the KDF faction, which still hasn't been done. What's another Season or two (if they ever actually get around to it). I can bet they'll keep Season 7 exactly as it is, they'll rake in the money from it and still Season 8 wont follow up on a complete KDF faction. Their words are full of ****. Period.