Captain
# 131
11-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
Exactly. You missed my point btw. I said they don't care, and causing a stink about it won't make a difference. Hakuna Matata or MWO. So that's what it really boils down to.
No paying customer for any product of any kind would take that illogical position.

If you purchase a service from ANY company with the expectation of X... and the service never ever delivers X yes you have a right to be annoyed. No a customer doesn't have to accept it....

We could all just make a statement with our wallets and delete our accounts... and send nice letters to PWE asking them to shred any personal info they have on file.

Of course the thing is people kick up a stink cause they do like the product... or at least the idea of it. STO is the only game of its kind... its that fact that has allowed a handful of people still playing it after all these years to endure the terrible management of the service.
Think of it this way if where you lived you only had ONE high speed internet provider... and they sucked. I guess it would be Hakuna Matata right ? Who cares that the service is down for long periods... doesn't perform properly... when you try to get help from them you get ignored... when you get annoyed they tell you relax, we'll upgrade the service in your area next year... for now just keep paying us.

Come on, Hakuna Matata... if this was a .org and STO was a 100% fan created 100% free game... I would say ya what are ya going to do. However its NOT its a game created by Cryptic Studios, a division of PWE.... ya know these guys
http://www.forbes.com/sites/zacks/20...but-its-close/
They are in the video game business for one reason ... to make MONEY. Not saying there aren't some great artists working for Cryptic, however at the end of the day its all about the dollar dollar bills for there owners. I think for most successful businesses happy paying customers are sort of needed to grow... unhappy customers that either leave or simply Hakuna Matata until something better comes along... is not a great way to grow.

PWE picked Cryptic up to break into the NA market... and seeing as most of there "homegrown" games are PvP heavy... and the properly they picked up does nothing but frustrate and tick off the hardcore PvP community I would say They have an issue. Ya know awhile back I downloaded Blacklight Retribution, a PW F2P shooter... and it was pretty good I had some fun for a few hours... and I suggested to a few of my friends who left STO over a year ago, for other games to download it and come shoot some folk with me... ya know what they said... PW game Scre** that man.

Honestly I have no idea why PWI doesn't give Cryptic a little nudge in the PvP direction... honestly it wouldn't take much to start building some good will. I think many of have said all it would take would be a few maps... adding a few reward wrappers... a few little things would go a long way. I have no idea why Cryptic is anti PvP... and lets be honest at this point there is NO other logical conclusion... either the code is so old and been through so many staff members that, they don't even know HOW to do anything simple... or they really are just hoping people will forget PvP in STO even exists... frankly I'm shocked they didn't delete the Dilithium rewards for PvP in S7.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 11-15-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Commander
# 132
11-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Believe me, I crossed this bridge before we got into the mess we're in now.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=428401

The forum depicted an awful reality of all this falling on deaf ears. There was reluctance on organizing to contact cryptic collectively as a whole towards the end of the thread.

We can try this again.

Otherwise, it truly is hakuna matata or mwo on these forums tbh. They're not doing anything... Just a realist understanding about it. So, we should try something else all together, but it may require actual diligence.

Like you can rant all day, they'll just delete posts. Ignore posts. And maintain this false sense of hope they've been imposing them.

It's like a customer service call, if the agent don't help you, you start talking to someone else. Well I think we're all equally tired of Bran giving the same answers and the whole generic "im sorry sir, calm down sir, i'm terminating the call sir". Let's try to talk to some bosses.

Last edited by paxottoman; 11-15-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Captain
# 133
11-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
I'm not saying shut up.

Fine go ahead. Yell at the Devs man. I couldn't careless.

A change of strategy is what I suggested. Obviously the forums are not the way to go.
Well as Mai was saying... we have changed our approach multiple times.

Things have been very nice here from time to time. Problem is any time people have been nice for to long we are completely ignored.

As Mai also mentioned Cryptic set the bar with the Voldomort junk... seriously it was what almost 2 years ago... and I still know well known PvP personalities that are playing other games right now... and have never come back to Cryptic / STO... and they never will. They got there Forum ban... and there shut the heck up response.... what really sucks for Cryptic is those guys have pull in other games... they are the types of people that end up running 50 man guilds in other games and if STO and or Cryptic ever comes up when your on a vent or something with those guys... lol its not a good think for Cryptic trust me. lol

Those of us that are left go back and forth... not that long ago I was very nice, we seemed to be getting some dev help at least on basic balance issues... then as has always been the case when Cryptic takes a step forward.. they decide to take 3 or 4 back.

Its hard to blame people for being frustrated... Cryptic SHOULD take it as a major complement on the core of what STO is, that so many people still care enough and see the value in STO to be here causing a scene everyday. lol
Honestly I'm not to sure how long they will have that... considering the history of the games development, it really doesn't seem logical for any of us to be holding out any hope anymore.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Commander
# 134
11-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
/SNIP.
Yeah well, I think we should all get together and figure this thing out. It ain't workin on the forums, and they're counting on it don't work.
Captain
# 135
11-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
A) The community is partially to blame. Mainly because we're absolutely out of control on the forums, and in organizedpvp. There's really no governance at all, and those that have been around for the longest tend to bash on those that have not been around as long.

I get it all the time.

TRH tried to establish a validated position to appear as a group with valid ideas, feedbacks, etc. We channeled these ideas through my forum account. I was bashed on these forums as a result.
Validated meaning stealthy jabs at other fleets like you started? Oh come on? You definately arent the White Knight.

You were bashed for this and not for your ideas. Also, like somebody in this thread said earlier to the nearest effect, your the guy who throws a jab at someone, infuriates a whole crowd and then cries foul.

Your just not cutting it anymore with the rest of us.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Commander
# 136
11-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Validated meaning stealthy jabs at other fleets like you started? Oh come on? You definately arent the White Knight.

You were bashed for this, not your ideas and like somebody in this thread said earlier, your the guy who throws a jab at someone, infuriates a whole crowd and then cries foul.

Your just not cutting it anymore with the rest of us.
Keep it up. It's making a big difference.
Captain
# 137
11-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Keep it up. It's making a big difference.
Like your "White Knight holier than thou" complex is?

We have guys in our fleet who have spent thousands of dollars / pounds on this game over it's life time (I know i personally have in one way shape or form) and have now come to a cross road. What we paid for in the beginning no longer exists. To us it feels like the con man who sweet talks your money out of your pocket but not given you back anything in return like he promised.

When your in a similar situation, maybe come back then with "constructive comments".
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles

Last edited by naz4; 11-15-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Captain
# 138
11-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
unless you've sunk a lot of money in this game before it went bad and still want it to get better.

thats basically like saying to someone who got run over by a car to "walk it off"
/snip. How you doing Mai?

In closing, why doesn't Cryptic just come out and say "We are no longer able to cater to the PVP community as our priority now lies with ........ so therefore we will be ending the PVP aspect of this game".

This way we the PVP community will no longer create this headache for you and migrate to pastures new forever.

I also believe that Branflakes should have closed this thread the minute he created it. I personally believe the frustration of most people here cannot and will not be held back anymore especially from the people who were here during the prime time days of PVP. It really really hurts us to see such a Gem become tarnished through outright neglect and its this "hurt" that has translated into this almost uncontrolable rage that is now being demonstrated here.

Like I stated earlier, if the simple metric of using your customer feedback is outright ignored, what hope is there left for the product?
aka NazHuggyBear2

Last edited by naz4; 11-15-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Commander
# 139
11-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Like your "White Knight holier than thou" complex is?

We have guys in our fleet who have spent thousands of dollars / pounds on this game over it's life time (I know i personally have in one way shape or form) and have now come to a cross road. What we paid for in the beginning no longer exists. To us it feels like the con man who sweet talks your money out of your pocket but not given you back anything in return like he promised.

When your in a similar situation, maybe come back then with "constructive comments".
I spent a lot of money too.

Your name calling is not constructive. You're not going to win whatever you're trying to win Naz. So you can drop the lame and vindictive attitude.
Captain
# 140
11-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
I spent a lot of money too.

Your name calling is not constructive. You're not going to win whatever you're trying to win Naz. So you can drop the lame and vindictive attitude.
Notice how most people's "attitudes" are directed at certain individuals here? No smoke without fire Paxy. In your case a forest fire raging out of control.....
aka NazHuggyBear2

Last edited by naz4; 11-15-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Closed Thread