Commander
# 71
11-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Seriously? you guys are charging for that?

Im my T4 fleet we have like over 300 ships, because we have choose to do the 500 XP + 5 Ships proyect all the time.

If any of you guys need a T4 ship just let me know, we'ill give it to you for free.
I honestly applaud you for that generous offer. We wont be able to hand out our stuff for free I'm afraid.

Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some pew pew PVP action!
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 72
11-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainluke85 View Post
You do not understand anything to what is going, you do not pvp, what exactly DO you do?
I don't PvP? I think Nal, MT, Naz and a few other Pandas will tell you differently

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
# 73
11-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I don't PvP? I think Nal, MT, Naz and a few other Pandas will tell you differently

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Oh ok lets see a few games. Ok so that makes you PvPer? Are you serious? Your talking to a dude that been pvping in games since 1997 regarding to MMO's. I've heard that statement before many times.

You are no pvper. So let's get this straight. Do you spends hours and hours on mechanics, constant testings and pushing beyond the limits? No.

You play a few games and that's simply that.
Lieutenant
# 74
11-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
You posted that PVP is a high priority of Cryptic and PWE, yet from Cryptic's standpoint there's nothing done with pvp for the past 3 years.

(POWER TWEAKING IS NOT PVP CONTENT ADDITION)

Those who've seen you aren't questioning whether or not you PvP, but rather questioning how on earth you can say "PvP is a priority of my company!" when you yourself see the complete lack of disregard it has for PvP.

I don't doubt the intellect of political spokespeople. Rather I'm continually baffled by the stuff they say when they know it's utter BS.
"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
Captain
# 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhansk View Post
Ship Provisions do cost a lot of resources. Resources that my fleet mates worked hard for. There is one project where a fleet has to put in 40.000 dil per ship provision. Would be unfair towards my fellow fleet members to just give 40k of their dil away to strangers, no?
Believe me, I understand, I just think it's a bit tasteless considering gear access is already becoming narrower and narrower as it is (just watch what'll happen to bug prices in the next few weeks). I want as many people as poss to have their favorite boats, I don't really enjoy wailing on someone still struggling to keep up with lockboxes in their free RA tubs.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 76
Quote:
Oh ok lets see a few games. Ok so that makes you PvPer? Are you serious? Your talking to a dude that been pvping in games since 1997 regarding to MMO's. I've heard that statement before many times.

You are no pvper. So let's get this straight. Do you spends hours and hours on mechanics, constant testings and pushing beyond the limits? No.

I don't dwell on such things I've been doing pvp in games since the mid 80's online and its just best to let people tell their stories. Its all about what you know to be true but you don't have to believe propaganda
Captain
# 77
11-14-2012, 06:34 PM
this thread makes me sad....

i think the history of the games attitude towards pvp has been pretty clear, and so is their plans for what theyre doing to pvp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Career Officer
# 78 I see nothing has changed
11-14-2012, 06:35 PM
I think people are talking about that other game because they wish STO PvP was just as fun.
As a casual, non fleet pugger I've watched the PvP in this game go down hill since season 1.2

Use to you could log in for just 30 minutes and get a few matches in and even if facing a pre-made have a good time. When I stopped playing a few months ago you would wait and wait and then when it pops - P2W BS

I now regret getting a Life Time sub in part because of the neglect of PvP. (The other part is the real lack of content except zen store items)

And I for one am glad that other game was mentioned. It is everything I wish this game could be.
Quick matches. If you don't grind you still are competitive if you learn the skills. And, most of all, customer service in regards to play balance issues.

Bring this to STO and I will start playing your game again. And talking it up to people. Instead of recommending... that other game

======================================
Dazed and confused at what goes on in STO since Feb 2010
Captain
# 79
11-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:

In fairness dude it's really not his job and I doubt he'd have the time if he wanted to. The fault for Cryptic's dearth of PvP devs shouldn't be laid at the feet of a forum moderator.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Lieutenant
# 80
11-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Quote:
PWE wants our games to have the best PvP experience possible, as does Cryptic. We all want PvP to be fun and exciting

there are discussions happening behind the scenes with devs who don't post on the forums.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
this thread makes me sad....

i think the history of the games attitude towards pvp has been pretty clear, and so is their plans for what theyre doing to pvp.
/salut TSI, it was a lot of fun in the days
"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
Closed Thread