Empire Veteran
# 81
11-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th23 View Post
You posted that PVP is a high priority of Cryptic and PWE, yet from Cryptic's standpoint there's nothing done with pvp for the past 3 years.

(POWER TWEAKING IS NOT PVP CONTENT ADDITION)

Those who've seen you aren't questioning whether or not you PvP, but rather questioning how on earth you can say "PvP is a priority of my company!" when you yourself see the complete lack of disregard it has for PvP.

I don't doubt the intellect of political spokespeople. Rather I'm continually baffled by the stuff they say when they know it's utter BS.

ITS OOOOOOORRRRNNNNN

Popcorn.gif
Former Ausmonaut Turned Space Pirate
Empire Veteran
# 82
11-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I don't PvP? I think Nal, MT, Naz and a few other Pandas will tell you differently

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
So, you play with them on MWO? Cuz, you know, from the recent topics and posts, they are all about some MWO. Matter of fact, I heard that they were changing the name "Sad Pandas" to "MWO". Then, you guys are gonna make a killing on the Z-Store, b/c all of their toons names will be changed to "MWO-1", "MWO-2", so on and so forth.

I heard that THEN, they will all gather in the state/city that is the most convenient for all of them, and go to the local courthouse, and get all of their last names changed to "MWO", followed quickly afterwards to the local tattoo parlor for a hardcore session of "MWO" tats to their foreheads, so that everyone will know that they loves dem some MWO.

The last rumor I heard about them was that once the tats are done, and they have paraded around the club district showing their devotion to MWO, they will head off to the nearest MWO, and rent just one MWO with one MWO, and proceed to MWO for the remaining MWO of the MWO, using only a live MWO and bacon MWO. That is how they will end the day of MWO devotion, and then head back to the STO forums, and once more sing the praises of MWO.

So, to paraphrase Jay from "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" - "This is MWO Sad Pandas. They love the MWO"

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=44137599000&dateline=  1341891117

Last edited by dravenleeobarr1; 11-14-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Lieutenant
# 83
11-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndanger View Post
And I for one am glad that other game was mentioned. It is everything I wish this game could be.
Quick matches. If you don't grind you still are competitive if you learn the skills. And, most of all, customer service in regards to play balance issues.

Bring this to STO and I will start playing your game again. And talking it up to people. Instead of recommending... that other game
And this comes to the heart of the problem. All the propaganda Branflakes says about Cryptic's concern about PvP comes to moot when factoring money.

It's about the money and nothing but the money. The game-that-cannot-be-named will, by its nature, care about PvP. It directly affects their pockets.

It's Bizarro STO, where healthy and balanced PvP play is paramount to the health of the game and the company. What else can sustain their funding if they neglect it?

By contrast, PvP here in STO is neglected because it doesn't produce a good ROI. It had a good number of people PvP'ing at the start, but then through neglect people start moving on.

Now a game that specifically caters to Sci Fi PvP folks come out and it becomes Voldemort.

It's simply folks telling others to come check out this game, they'll treat you better than the other one here. Your input matters there, not in this forum.
"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
Commander
# 84
11-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainluke85 View Post
Oh ok lets see a few games. Ok so that makes you PvPer? Are you serious? Your talking to a dude that been pvping in games since 1997 regarding to MMO's. I've heard that statement before many times.

You are no pvper. So let's get this straight. Do you spends hours and hours on mechanics, constant testings and pushing beyond the limits? No.

You play a few games and that's simply that.
Woah buddy calm down. Disrespecting a Dev is not going to get us anywhere.
Brand Has shown he wants to make PvP better. He is starting with the Bootcamp. Progress isnt going to move fast, in fact it may be very slow but for Kirk sake progress is progress. So take a breather, Don't say anything that will get you banned or your flaming will have been for nothing.
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Lieutenant
# 85
11-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcommando101 View Post
Brand Has shown he wants to make PvP better. He is starting with the Bootcamp. Progress isnt going to move fast, in fact it may be very slow but for Kirk sake progress is progress. So take a breather, Don't say anything that will get you banned or your flaming will have been for nothing.
I don't know if you can understand the level of frustration some have with the current state of STO's player versus player system, so here's a URL link detailing their lip service from 2008 onwards.
"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
Career Officer
# 86
11-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I don't PvP? I think Nal, MT, Naz and a few other Pandas will tell you differently

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Yeah, Brandon has been known to play PvP. I'll back this up. He's definitely in an unenviable position -- he needs to toe Cryptic's party line despite knowing first hand our frustrations.

Out of curiosity Branflakes, have you played MWO yet? You should come along for a few drops with us.
Lieutenant
# 87
11-14-2012, 06:57 PM
"Right now because PVP is in such bad shape we (the developers) have to decide if we think we can turn this problem around. Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way."

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05...e-pvp-is-fail/

Branflakes, this is the reason the folks here get riled up when you publicly say that Cryptic has PvP on its priority list.
Empire Veteran
# 88
11-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Quote:
It would be so much easier if people just didn't talk and just fought each other to solve these problems because words don't really mean anything in PvP.
Commander
# 89
11-14-2012, 07:02 PM
lol who doesnt know about it. and yeah im just as frustrated but i dont rage about it.

Even then frustrated or not. at the end of the day, this is a game. we are here to have fun. some of you have lost sight of that.

But you know what. my words arent going to calm you, my words arent going to stop the pandas or everyone else from talking about how other games PvP is better (which makes no ever loving sense) so I will just sit back with the the guy eating popcorn
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Lieutenant
# 90
11-14-2012, 07:06 PM
Quote:
lol who doesnt know about it. and yeah im just as frustrated but i dont rage about it.

Even then frustrated or not. at the end of the day, this is a game. we are here to have fun. some of you have lost sight of that.
Then come join us in Voldemort. We haven't lost sight of fun. We simply found it in a better place.
Closed Thread