Captain
# 141
11-14-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm happy with the compromise offered here. However, I really wish that the Foundry feedback had also been considered.

1440 dilithium for well over an hour of play time doesn't really compete with official dilithium based missions.

I really hope that you guys re-evaluate the reward v. time investment for the Foundry wrapper, after you confirm that the anti-exploit tech is working as intended.

Thank you for listening to the stf community here.
Ensign
# 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
no one is forcing you to play stfs play starbase 24 if that makes u happyers
Great job missing the point!
Lt. Commander
# 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
no one is forcing you to play stfs play starbase 24 if that makes u happyers
Starbase 24 now gives a lot less dilithium than an Elite STF. So instead of playing something quick and simple that I enjoy, I'll have to grind on Elite STFs, which are long, tedious, and not really enjoyable.

Or I'll have to spend twice as long to earn the same amount of dilithium.
Career Officer
# 144
11-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Thanks, dastahl and Cryptic, for this speedy attempt to fix the dilithium problem. It's much appreciated.

I don't usually bother posting on the forums, as I'm too busy playing the game, but this dilithium issue brought me here to protest -- only to find the issue already addressed.

Again, thanks to all at Cryptic for this -- and yes, I'm loving the Star Trek feel of the new Tau Dewa sector. Exploration, diplomacy, problem-solving. Very nice.

The decision to go for repeatable "collection-based" content, as opposed to the standard MMORPG "kill ten rats" repeatable content, for this region was a clever approach to a continuing issue in all MMORPGs. At least you changed the nature and the flavor of the perennial stuff, and that counts with me.

Best,

KFS
Survivor of Romulus
# 145
11-14-2012, 06:07 PM
well i hate the fleeties love the stfs its not perfect but atleast now there is a reason to play stfs.

tho i dont see why they cant reward us for playing ALL of the game of not just stfs and now fleeties

ps the BNP needs be changed 5 elite runs for 1k is gay
Captain
# 146
11-14-2012, 06:10 PM
At first I was unhappy with the dilithium nerf that I saw coming in S7. Then I realized the Fleet Action grant 1400 per 20min play time with 30min cool down + an extra 1440 from FA dailies (http://www.stowiki.org/Dilithium#Fleet_Action). After much consideration, I realized this could be a good way to farm dilithium after all that nerfing. STFs were going to become the grind place for Omega marks only and that would have been fine since we get lots of them in one run and the projects take forever to complete. This means, less time queuing up in stupid STF pugs that often fail (on the other hand FAs require little to no team work). It would have been better if we didn't even have to constantly do STFs to obtain the resources required for higher tier rep projects.

I've got genuine concerns about this, I am little bothered with the fact they chose to nerf the fleet actions.
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Last edited by deokkent; 11-14-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Lieutenant
# 147
11-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I'm happy with the compromise offered here. However, I really wish that the Foundry feedback had also been considered.

1440 dilithium for well over an hour of play time doesn't really compete with official dilithium based missions.

I really hope that you guys re-evaluate the reward v. time investment for the Foundry wrapper, after you confirm that the anti-exploit tech is working as intended.

Thank you for listening to the stf community here.
The only reason they changed the dilithium is because the forums being on fire made them look bad. Far less people care about the foundry, so they have no motivation to "listen" there.
Career Officer
# 148
11-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Just got this news whilst playing into the Hive. Thank you so much for listening to the player feedback. That is all.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 149
ISE takes 15 minutes. It takes 8 if you're fast. CSE takes less than 15 minutes (often 10). KASE similarly has a timer at 15 minutes and is often cleared with plenty of time to spare. Add less than 5 minutes for each boss fight after the timer (and let's be honest, that often takes only a couple of minutes) and you've got 10 minutes each space STF for a total of half an hour, and you get over 1000 dil each.

How is that better than wasting my time on the same 2 fleet missions, each hard coded to 15 minutes (can't be finished early) or the SB24 which is idiotically simple (players are told to go play it at level 20 or something? It takes no skill, you just kill same stupid waves of ships and you have to be a total MORON to fail it)?

That's not better than doing STFs. SB24 is so mind numbingly boring after my first toon did it a few times NONE of my following toons have bothered to do it.

Cryptic screwed the pooch and they know it. They held this one bug as a distraction from the real problem. Hint: It's not the dilithium intake you get. It's the dilithium output you're forced to keep up. They have successfully distracted half of you, I'm sad to say. That isn't the issue at all. It's a small part of it.
Captain
# 150
This is basically another Dilithium nerf, and yet they're selling it like it's a huge favour to us! I'm thinking some Devs have some Ferengi blood in them.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Closed Thread