Commander
# 71
11-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Beep, beep, beep, Warning, Cryptic truck reversing.

And the masses are thankful for the return of the crumbs and all is right?

I gotta give it to Cryptic, you're one slippery devil. Just look at all the "thanks Cryptic" on this thread alone.

Genius...
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Empire Veteran
# 72
11-14-2012, 03:38 PM
EARTH TO DAN, you cant do both a fleet action and an STF at the same time! why the hell is the fleet action dil being slashed so hard!

the problem with stfs in season 7 is that there is 0 items awarded at all, no item drop ant the end, no lock box, no dil too but the fleet action dil makes up for this, there is nothing but omega marks or a neral processor. were is the actual loot? at the very least it was a good source of EC.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 73
11-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Awwww isnt this nice, finally a thread the feels like a warm fuzzy hug.

If only the community would pick up the pick forks and torches and go on a rampage about the lack KDF content/ships... then again good things come to those who wait and S8 might be the KDFs golden season
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Commander
# 74
11-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Awwww isnt this nice, finally a thread the feels like a warm fuzzy hug.

If only the community would pick up the pick forks and torches and go on a rampage about the lack KDF content/ships... then again good things come to those who wait and S8 might be the KDFs golden season
The thing is, where do you find this Commnity? It's not these forums as Cryptic say's it's a drop in the ocean the people who come here. Are we to believe that maybe, just maybe, the negative vibes on here, have moved on to other media?

Not sure why Dan decided to post here and not at Massively or PC gamer or Priority 1.
From the man himself - "And as far as Season 7 being "grindy" - welcome to the MMORPG genre"

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under..."Grind is good".
Empire Veteran
# 75
11-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captyoung01 View Post
What about the STF Loot Drops? I ran STF's solely for the Dilithium and Loot drops. The Loot drops in particular for conversion to Energy Credits.

I realize that some in the community don't really care to much for the loot drops, but many of us still do, and relied on STF's for it.
I think the loot drops from fleet actions are clearly more than enough. They are way better than what we used to get in STFs. Actually I like the current design: ECs in fleet actions (with some dil), and dil with marks in STFs. It gives me a reason to play both.
Lt. Commander
# 76
11-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Will you also undo this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by runtimeerrorboy View Post
If you try the Vulcan, Andorian, or Telerite exchange officers it costs 6k Dilithium!!!!

Upgrading 25 uncommon duty officers to 5 rare and then to 1 very rare now costs 17,500 dilithium... Upgrading from 125 common duty officers to 1 very rare costs 20,000 dilithium....

To turn common duty officers into very rare would require at least 2.5 days of dilithium harvesting... Basically I'm enraged beyond comprehension at this amount of grinding...
Empire Veteran
# 77
11-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
it wasn't until we looked at the data today and saw that everyone had more Dilithium on average and still weren't happy
Maybe the data was wrong, it may be from when we cashed all of our stf loot in before season 7 release

Just a thought, I could be wrong haha
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!

Last edited by bubblygumsworth; 11-14-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 78
11-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
However, our concern that there would be too much Dilithium in the economy if we left Dilithium in both STFs and Fleet Actions
And the fact that you added insane Dilithium costs for about all items that people need, items that used to cost no Dilithium, was not expected to impact the Dilithium economy?
Career Officer
# 79
11-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
So in other words - we stuck to our guns - left the change in - it accomplished exactly what we wanted it to (help players get more Dilithium) but that doesn't equal "fun" for the community. We needed to see the data after S7 launch in order to realize that players can have their cake and eat it too and the game will be ok.

Careful Dan, that almost sounds like an insult to your playerbase, we do not want our cake and eat it ,"as you put it" we just want a fair game....

Remember, you guys removed 1440 dilithium from the btran daily and then also from the stf's, despite us telling you it was too much.
You then added unneeded dilithium costs acquiring doffs and other parts of the game, so you took away and also added costs which was double dipping!

You then lied to us for the second time regarding the conversion of all our saved up stf currency stating that we would get the same purchasing power. It took us the playerbase to work out your con, and 90% of the playerbase would have been ripped off of our dilithium.
Thankfully we averted your ploy, held onto the minimum needed for the best value and then converted the rest into what we should have got in the first place....

Work with us and this could have been avoided
Captain
# 80
11-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Cool changes, I didn't want to bother with Space Fleet Actions anyway. Now, they're REALLY not worth my time.

Again.
Closed Thread