Captain
Back when we had all those different marks converted to dilithium, DStahl said that this new dilithium would be our one true currency we'd need in the game. A few months later, we get lobi, Omega, and Romulan now. We get fleet marks and fleet credits.

It's like we're going back in time without using the slingshot method. Heck, we can't even style with a DeLorean doing it.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Career Officer
# 2
11-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
Back when we had all those different marks converted to dilithium, DStahl said that this new dilithium would be our one true currency we'd need in the game. A few months later, we get lobi, Omega, and Romulan now. We get fleet marks and fleet credits.

It's like we're going back in time without using the slingshot method. Heck, we can't even style with a DeLorean doing it.
1000 time this since this was said we now have the new romulan / omega marks fleet marks flleet credits lobi

starting to think there is a mitt romney at the head of cryptic both flip flop
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Commander
# 3
11-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post

Did you believe him?

I could see through all that maybelline.

"Judge me by record" was something you said years ago Dan. Yep, still judging.

Vanilla Ice has a better one
Career Officer
# 4
11-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomace View Post
Did you believe him?

I could see through all that maybelline.

"Judge me by record" was something you said years ago Dan. Yep, still judging.

Vanilla Ice has a better one
sooo very funny but yet so true to
Quote:
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Rihannsu
# 5
11-14-2012, 03:38 PM
The game only really has 5 currencies right now, EC, GPL, Dil, Lobi, and FC. The various flavors of marks aren't true currencies any more than Contraband is....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 6
11-14-2012, 03:39 PM
I should really copy N paste this some place so I can break it out every time someone complains about too much currency.

If we only had Dilithium as a currency then the game would be P2W and no one wants that. I could spend my monthly stipend score 78000 dilthium each month and own the poor silver players who would need to grind for 9+ days to keep up with what I get for free.

I know what your thinking: "But Kingdox I'm an LTS you wouldn't pwn me....."

Notice there are people who spend 100+ bucks to get one lock box ship? Imagine if they spent all that cash on Dilithium. Do you think you would have any hope keeping up with them if EVERYTHING in the game could be purchased with dilithium?
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
I should really copy N paste this some place so I can break it out every time someone complains about too much currency.

If we only had Dilithium as a currency then the game would be P2W and no one wants that. I could spend my monthly stipend score 78000 dilthium each month and own the poor silver players who would need to grind for 9+ days to keep up with what I get for free.

Notice there are people who spend 100+ bucks to get one lock box ship? Imagine if they spent all that cash on Dilithium. Do you think you would have any hope keeping up with them if EVERYTHING in the game could be purchased with dilithium?
Say the 8000 refining cap is still in place. I'd bet you'd get a LOT less than 78000 with your stipend.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
11-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Please provide a quote where they said it would be the one true currency? The elimination of marks was only to condense the level gated currency (marks) we had and introduce a non-tradable & throttled currency for a new economy.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 9
11-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Please provide a quote where they said it would be the one true currency? The elimination of marks was only to condense the level gated currency (marks) we had and introduce a non-tradable & throttled currency for a new economy.
ummm where wher you per season 5 its was all over this forums
Quote:
Captain
# 10
11-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post

I am specifically going by how things have changed in DStahl's stance apparently from the day dilithium was brought into the game. It wasn't here at launch. It replaced a few marks we had. Now we're going back to the multiple currencies method we had back then.

So it's just a flip flop I'm addressing.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution