Ensign
Cryptic has really done it this time, in there quest for my money they blew it. I have been averaging $100 a month in zen purchases, but with the release of this latest "Season 7" patch, and thier obvious attempt to get us to spend more, they instead made me mad as hell. I refuse to spend another dime on zen until 1 they bring back ALL of the ways we could earn dilithium. bring back some kind of end drop for stfs or some kind of reward other than stupid marks that make u use up all your other resorces to make any use of. Remove the cost in dilithium for Dof recruiting. And finnaly Fix the dam in game voice chat that has not worked right since season 4!

Anyone else wanna add to this?
Captain
# 2
11-14-2012, 03:09 PM
DStahl:
Quote:
So here are the changes we'll be making in a maintenance build by the end of this week.
Normal STF runs will grant 480 Dilithium
Elite STF runs will grant 960 Dilithium
Space Fleet Action runs will grant 480 Dilithium
Ground Fleet Action runs will grant 640 Dilithium
You can start buying zen again
Career Officer
# 3
11-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Ditto yes I totaly agree. Now granted I did not spend that much on zen but i did buy lifetime and still added a 10$ pw card form time to time but as data siad "to hell with it" ok not an exact quote but the spirt there LOL maby cartman said it best 'screw you guys im going home."
Ensign
# 4
11-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
DStahl:

not good enough for me thats for sure, still wont be buying a dam bit of zen till its back to full reward. plus b-tran.
and the cost of the Dof system, sooooo not good enough, IM gonna keep my 100 bucks and go to the bar and tip the dancers instead.

Last edited by andyvh501; 11-14-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Captain
# 5
11-14-2012, 03:17 PM
The B'tran thing is NOT going to happen. It was an exploit and it's been closed.

Full rewards for the others? No, not going to happen. Cryptic wants people to run the content they've abandoned to farm Dilithium, that abandoned content will now have higher dilithium payouts than the old stuff in order to get people into it.

This keeps cryptic from actually giving us NEW content (Romulus is done, it's been live for two days and people have already conquered it entirely).

I for one will be glad when/if they put the dilithium rewards back into the STF's. As repetetive as they might be they're still a hell of a lot more fun than SB24.

I agree on the DOFF cost hike. THat's just bat guano nuts.
Captain
# 6
11-14-2012, 03:20 PM
The cutting of dil rewards was only a small fraction of the problem. The REAL problem is the massive increase in dil costs for every aspect of the game, WHILE cutting it.

Restoring the cuts doesn't restore the normal prices for everything in the game. THAT is what we need.
Ensign
# 7
11-14-2012, 03:33 PM
yeah gotta agree with that, In thier quest to seperate me from my money they instead lost what they were getting, I dont think i am alone in that thought. I do wonder when or if they will ever fix the voice chat. on the rare occasion it does work it leaves u with a new team chat every time u go into an stf with an incmplete team. I put in serveral tickets for it, then not a single ticket ever got even a responce.
Captain
# 8
11-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Agreed, I not spending another real dime on STO. the ONLY thing to get me to do that again is uninstall season 7 and try again
Career Officer
# 9
11-15-2012, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szim View Post
DStahl:

I don't think you read his post, which is a fundamental problem with this forum. He said ALL the ways to earn dil. BTW, stfs used to pay out over 1000 for elite. Considering that a critical injury is always a risk, and critical components cost a fortune, I say its more than adequate. I want the doffs to be back the way they were. While we're at it, lets get rid of the STUPID components for crafting. There is nothing craftable that is better than STF so no one does it. The purpose of crafting is to help rising new players and encourage themt o do exporation missions. The critical components are a huge deterrant to that.
Commander
# 10
11-15-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
that abandoned content will now have higher dilithium payouts than the old stuff in order to get people into it
Not anymore - fleet actions were reduced to 480 space, 640 ground on Tribble with the newest patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
I for one will be glad when/if they put the dilithium rewards back into the STF's.
Its not just dil, item drops have to be returned too. And since we can't turn in edc/tech/salvage, dil reward has to be higher than 1100. More like 1600-2000. Otherwise there will be no point in playing STFs more than once per 2 days - all they grant is marks and (after a lot of grind) items that allow you to play them more efficiently. Exercise in futility, nothing more.

And I agree, return DOFF costs to previous and give back our dailies.
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"