Captain
# 91
11-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
I'm fine with this decision. Certainly, there's less Dilithium from STFs than before, but there's more in other Fleet Actions, as well as the Omega Mark turn-ins at Tier 5. Clearly, the devs thought there was too much "easy Dilithium" in Season 6, so if they want to adjust it down, I think this is a more sensible way than removing Dilithium rewards from the game's hardest content altogether.

But don't get me started on the new DOff up-conversion prices...
well the devs were wrong. the second longest projects to get done in fleet are the dilithium ones. Me unable to afford to by zen right now rely on the dilithium exchange. As such I only once gave Dilithium to fleet, I need it for more personal goals. S7 is a Failure. Admit it Cryptic and delete it and try again.
Lieutenant
# 92
11-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
I'm fine with this decision. Certainly, there's less Dilithium from STFs than before, but there's more in other Fleet Actions, as well as the Omega Mark turn-ins at Tier 5. Clearly, the devs thought there was too much "easy Dilithium" in Season 6, so if they want to adjust it down, I think this is a more sensible way than removing Dilithium rewards from the game's hardest content altogether.

But don't get me started on the new DOff up-conversion prices...

The math does not work. The Mark turn in's for Dil are pitiful at best. The whole system is a downgrade fro our ability to progress, ourselves, our fleets or embassy, or our multitude of reputations.. Reputation in particular will only grow, as they add more factions with which to grow a reputation.

I like certain content, I hate other content, Prior to S7 my growth potential was the same as an individual player no matter what I liked to do. Now I have to do stuff I hate to do to maintain my growth potential.
Lt. Commander
# 93
11-15-2012, 08:09 AM
If they(Cryptic)had just removed the ability to convert salvage into dilithum but keep some sort of loot reward at the end of the missions things would be much better.

Getting a loot bag with a chance for a very rare quality loot item via the optional would make STF's much more desirable.
Lieutenant
# 94
11-15-2012, 08:13 AM
I think cashing out some dil. in stfs is a start, but no real reason for me to play stfs as extensive as i played them before. What they are lacking now is some good loot for the invested time. You have to do the crazy fleet actions now to get it reliably, and only if you are one of the top 2 players for a very rare item. But the problem with it is, though the very rare loot is nice, it is far to abundant right now. Plus its only Mk XI (correct me if im wrong). So the exchange is flooded right now with purple mk XI gear, but almost none MK XII.
Lieutenant
# 95
11-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsie7 View Post
I do like the changes. Nice to see they do listen from time to time. But the facts are the facts =before season 7 you could refine 8000 a day after season 7 you can still only refine 8000 a day so my point is this the only reason i see for them making the change was to make us play the game they wanted and not they way WE WANT to play,

The moment they admit that the player base that says, ' Ummm nooo we want to play the way we enjoy playing.. ' are gone from here.
Captain
# 96
11-15-2012, 08:25 AM
you know the sheep will be happy with the 'it's raining' excuse from the devs, while they're pissing on you.

I refuse to play in the new system so my opinion don't count for much, but I think this compromise is still a smokin pile of crap. The omission of dilithium from STF's wasn't an accident, and this lie to cover it up as well as this token gesture isn't nearly enough to give me warm and fuzzy's for the devs.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Starfleet Veteran
# 97
11-15-2012, 08:49 AM
This change is not a benefit in amounts earned, it's yet another NERFED system.

Lesson Learned: Complain and get nerfed....

Last edited by cptniteuser; 11-15-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Lieutenant
# 98
11-15-2012, 08:52 AM
NERF is usually limited to specific systems and elements. They've redefined the entire way the game will be played forever more. Its not the game I signed up for any more, and all the thing I enjoyed and were comfortable with previously are now all changed. Not for the better in regard to my enjoyment factor of playing.
Republic Veteran
# 99
11-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Not happy at all.

Costs are still way too high across the board. Timegates are still too long on the endgame loot... especially for those of us who have been at endgame for WELL over a year!

...I REALLY hope more rollbacks and alterations are coming.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Starfleet Veteran
# 100
11-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoryczny View Post
Thing is, in dev blog they stated that they want players to refine MORE, not LESS. And in order to do this, they removed some dailies and removed dil from STFs. Looks like they are either blatant liars or just unable to do basic math. I bet on the first possibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
well the devs were wrong. the second longest projects to get done in fleet are the dilithium ones. Me unable to afford to by zen right now rely on the dilithium exchange. As such I only once gave Dilithium to fleet, I need it for more personal goals. S7 is a Failure. Admit it Cryptic and delete it and try again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensorghost View Post
The math does not work. The Mark turn in's for Dil are pitiful at best. The whole system is a downgrade fro our ability to progress, ourselves, our fleets or embassy, or our multitude of reputations.. Reputation in particular will only grow, as they add more factions with which to grow a reputation.

I like certain content, I hate other content, Prior to S7 my growth potential was the same as an individual player no matter what I liked to do. Now I have to do stuff I hate to do to maintain my growth potential.
Edited my post to be more clear:

Quote:
Edit: This post is rhetorical. I answered the OP, end of story. It's my opinion. Not going to debate. Take it or leave it.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.