Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 146
# 31
11-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omfg4202 View Post
This was posted by DStahl today regarding the generally negative feedback about changes to STFs and end-game content in Season 7. I would like to know how people feel about this, and whether or not the general consensus is that it goes far enough to rectify the most grievous of complaints.
This decision will revert everything back to the old problem that only few ever play fleet actions.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,295
# 32
11-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gong1fu1panda View Post
This decision will revert everything back to the old problem that only few ever play fleet actions.
because fleet actions are tedious and boring.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 33
11-14-2012, 05:05 PM
It's not a full return to the dilith income STFs had pre-S7, but it's likely the best we're going to get. Of more concern is the divorcing of what is ostensibly STOs "end game content" from the source of marketable loot (IE, dropped mkx-xii gear from STFs). I get that they're trying to get folks into FAs, but...there has to be a better way.

Of bigger concern is the fact that Cryptic, and Dstahl specifically, squandered all and any goodwill and credibility that a successful S7 launch could have generated. Their promises are worth absolutely nothing, and very few folks are going to forget how blatantly and unapologetically this change was initially forced, despite near unanimous opposition during "testing".

Simply put, folks were dubious before, now they flat out expect to be lied to at every turn. Not the situation you want to put your revenue stream in.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 127
# 34
11-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Quite frankly, I'm annoyed by this change.

Not because I wanted *more* Dilithium in STFs. I hate running STFs. They take a long time and aren't all that fun, and I don't really care about the anti-borg gear. I'm annoyed because prior to all the ********, you could spend half the time doing a fleet action, and get three times the dilithium.

Now? Not so much. Man, ****** the whining. Maybe I should start talking about canceling my lifetime subscription over this if that's what it takes to get Cryptic to change.

(Or better yet, I'll complain about it when I write up my article on it at geekparty.com)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,028
# 35
11-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Probably because people prefer to be happy over angered? The wound's still there, but considering he posted the day after season launch that they'd be reversing it, it's not nearly as bad as if weeks went by before it happened.

And unapologetic? It's a given that 'the customer is always right'... why would they need to apologize when their actions do that for them (generally)? Not exactly a nice sentiment, but it does make a little sense

Though this is probably my relief talking (about players being glad about the reversal), lol.
So we should just instantly forget about how Cryptic tried to treat us, and praise them for only slightly nerfing dilithium? Should I thank the mugger who only steals 80% of what's in my pocket?

Considering they never posted at all about removing dilithium completely from STFs until after the fact, the storm that stirred up forced them into action only a day after.

Yes, they should apologize for how they treated us, and for what they tried to pull on us. Didn't even have the decency to tell us until after they'd done the deed and removed dilithium completely, because they knew what a storm it would create, only they were hoping it wouldn't be quite so big that they could ignore it and it would eventually go away.

They don't even have the balls to but their 'announcement' on the front page of this site, merely hide it in the news forum and an edited dev blog. Why hide it like that? Afraid of the negative publicity they'd get for what they tried to do?
----
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,652
# 36
11-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
So we should just instantly forget about how Cryptic tried to treat us, and praise them for only slightly nerfing dilithium? Should I thank the mugger who only steals 80% of what's in my pocket?

Considering they never posted at all about removing dilithium completely from STFs until after the fact, the storm that stirred up forced them into action only a day after.

Yes, they should apologize for how they treated us, and for what they tried to pull on us. Didn't even have the decency to tell us until after they'd done the deed and removed dilithium completely, because they knew what a storm it would create, only they were hoping it wouldn't be quite so big that they could ignore it and it would eventually go away.

They don't even have the balls to but their 'announcement' on the front page of this site, merely hide it in the news forum and an edited dev blog. Why hide it like that? Afraid of the negative publicity they'd get for what they tried to do?
The fact they changed it back after ONE day should say something though, at the very least. They deserve a little credit for that, even if it's just a little compared to everything else.

And if you see back in this thread, I'm pratically immune to being burned, lied to, or stuff like that. So I personally think people don't have to apologize for doing those kinds of things to people. Just have both groups move on, and not waste time doing so.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Last edited by trek21; 11-14-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 37
11-14-2012, 05:14 PM
I am still somewhat annoyed that this happened to begin with, but re-adding the dil to STFs is a step in the right direction. I am still quite annoyed that STFs don't give loot like they used to, since those engines and deflectors and other random stuff was actually quite a good way to make some ECs as opposed to praying that the BoP you are killing will drop something.

As is, it's still fubar, but I am rather impressed that it only took a day for them to reverse this. Kudos to them for listening, but we're not out of the woods yet. They still have the issue of having blatantly lied to our faces, and still have the issue of a lot of HUGE bugs and other problems that came with the new season.

But I can live with this for now.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 855
# 38
11-14-2012, 05:43 PM
No. I'm bored to the back teeth of grinding those damn STFs daily ever since the game went F2P. For 24 hours we had access to a quick and easy method of dilithium grinding, fleet actions, which allowed me to get my dilithium grinding done so I can get on and do something new and/or fun (New Romulus and PvP).

Instead thanks to the STFers whining it's back to risking a pug or wasting time trying to get a team togther, all to do mindless and boring content I've played to death. Now if I want to max out my dilithium I'm going to have to spend hours.

Well done, you've scored a victory for cryptic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
because fleet actions are tedious and boring.
So are STFs, the difference is fleet actions are quicker.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai

Last edited by orondis; 11-14-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 972
# 39
11-14-2012, 05:56 PM
its far from perfect but atleast now if gives players a reason to play stfs. thoi think the BNP-dilth rate is lacking
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 127
# 40
11-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
No. I'm bored to the back teeth of grinding those damn STFs daily ever since the game went F2P. For 24 hours we had access to a quick and easy method of dilithium grinding, fleet actions, which allowed me to get my dilithium grinding done so I can get on and do something new and/or fun (New Romulus and PvP).

Instead thanks to the STFers whining it's back to risking a pug or wasting time trying to get a team togther, all to do mindless and boring content I've played to death. Now if I want to max out my dilithium I'm going to have to spend hours.

Well done, you've scored a victory for cryptic.



So are STFs, the difference is fleet actions are quicker.
This is pretty much *exactly* how I feel, and I've only been playing since the game went F2P.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:20 PM.