Lieutenant
# 51 Very Nice!
11-14-2012, 07:11 PM
I think this is an outstanding decision that is an excellent compromise. I too wondered where the Dil went at the end of an STF... this will allow Cryptic to sort of maintain their original intent with the Dil changes while also proving that they listen to their player base and can make a course correction when needed. Bravo. I'm off to run more STFs....
Survivor of Romulus
# 52 Are We Happy With It?
11-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Am I?
No.
Is there anything that can be done to convince PWE to revert back to the pre-S7 (as far as Dilithium/Rewards are concerned) model?
No.
I don't know if I'll ever spend REAL money on STO again, THAT is something we ALL have control over.
Captain
# 53
11-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylawson View Post
What if I get bored with Elite STFs, generally hate the people I wind up in PUGs with, and just want to get lots of Dilithium to buy pretty new ships and clothes?
Don't PUG.

This is an MMO. there are MANY, MANY people on at any given time and there's an STF chat channel to help you avoid PUGging.

You just want ships and clothes? GO mine dilithium and grind it out in the fleet actions.

I'd rather get SOME dilithium in addition to my omega marks, since those are the only ways to get end game gear now.
Survivor of Romulus
# 54
11-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
livingrtb your ignorance and bias is only too clear. PvP is not what this game is about. Nor is everyone that eschews PvP an idiot newbie. PvP is weaksauce. They kill PvE and people quit. They don't turn to PvP. That's how it works. PvE ***is*** STO. They kill it, they kill the game, and your precious sub-culture suffers by proxy. So show a little non-selfish consideration, eh?
first of all i didnt say any where to kill pve and is it selfish to tell people its faster to farm dil in pvp vs pve and to want more people to try differnt aspects of the game everyone in this thread is pissed off because why less dil...omg try something new i can max 8k dil in 35mins pvp style and with my best pve group 3k 30mins so ya it would be nice to have more in the qs but if the are like u then forget it but im sure they are not ur just pissed off cause ur chaseing rats all day. how about the fact that u cant chain certian stf anymore or did u even know u could do that probly not cause u have never had enough dps to do it dont troll me man...u will lose like always

See u on the battlefield rainbowbright@Ratcatcher

anyone who would like to be shown how to make 1440dil every 3-4mins with no end
contact
@LIVIN in game 8D
Captain
# 55
11-14-2012, 07:53 PM
You are the only troll here.
Captain
# 56
11-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Answer NO. THey partially solved one problem but there are SOOOO many others. Uninstall S7 and start over Cryptic.

Make KDF an option for new players at the start, not till they do fed to 25. Fix the KDF fleet ships. Feds get a discount for the zen ship purchase, why not KDF. and for a new story arc. CREATE A ROMULUAN FACTION! You have a ton of options there just from what you created. New Romulus as is is too much Defari. we where promised more story and the looks of it that was not true.
Commander
# 57
11-14-2012, 11:12 PM
doff prices are still insane, so adding dil rewards back to stf's actually did nothing to solve that.

and it's still a case of oldtimers or people who have what they want who don't care about a lot of the dil increases for everything vs newcomers who are still trying to get doffed and geared up.

reducing doff prices to 1/5 of their current value would be reasonable, especially considering the cost 5x duty officers + dil and you get a random. that's less of a burden on new players or players with multiple alts then the current prices.

simply put cryptic, trying to force sales on one item or down one or 2 avenues fails. trying to sell doff packs and zen for the exchange equates to people buying less of everything else.

diversify if you want strong CS sales. have weekly sales of items. add more fashions for ships and player avatars. old adage you have to spend at least some money to make money (design/dev costs) what you tried and are doing in S7 was pure laziness by altering game mechanics. you didn't even need to add the content to pull that off.

just moving some numbers around and instant higher prices for everything with reduced income. while you did add new content...it wasn't necessary for the changes.. they could have been done at anytime.

as admiralq1732 said above, you seriously need to get off your collective posteriors about the klingon faction. fed is more popular simply because of your own restrictions on the klingons. so it's an artificially induced imbalance promoted by your decisions. claiming that fed faction earns you more and is the one to push content for is a fail when you weigh the dice at every turn in that factions favor.
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
Commander
# 58
11-14-2012, 11:21 PM
PUG groups suck b/c no one talks! You win STFs by having a plan, to have a plan you must speak to one another. It ok to use your keyboard folks. We all understand, that while leveling up you probably never needed to speak to anyone. Thats fine but now is the time to reach out and communicate! It won't hurt I promise!
Career Officer
# 59
11-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Oh please, I run PUG's and do ok.

As with the compromise, it's at least a step in the right direction........as long as Cryptic continues in that direction.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3

Last edited by crashdragon; 11-14-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Grammar Nazi was hiding under my desk
Captain
# 60
11-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
Oh please, I run PUG's and do ok.

As with the compromise, it's at least a step in the right direction........as long as Cryptic continues in that direction.
Great quote, now here's one for you. "So this is how STO dies. With endless grinds."