Captain
# 61
11-14-2012, 11:34 PM
I ment the area in color
Captain
# 62
11-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Am I pleased to see SOME kind of progress in responding to critiques? yes. Is this enough? well...it's a start, which given the track record, is better than nothing or "it's working as intended".

we may see other improvements as the season progresses and all those people who didn't look at it in Tribble start discovering the issues that the few who DID look, (and not just try to grab whatever reward was there) found.

The ****-storm over S7 is a fine example of what happens when your playtesting does not Playtest, but instead tells the Devs what they think the Devs want to hear.
Career Officer
# 63
11-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
Great quote, now here's one for you. "So this is how STO dies. With endless grinds."
Oh please, you just read that off the sticker stuck to my port warp nacelle. =3
LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that his will mostly lead to trouble.=3
A 300 second wait per post is more time then I need to think of a new Cryptic joke.
Captain
# 64
11-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
Oh please, you just read that off the sticker stuck to my port warp nacelle. =3
lol, "Hey Devs, Assimulate THIS!"
Lt. Commander
# 65
11-14-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here...

STO Dilithium Army...
Career Officer
# 66
11-15-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm admittedly disappointed that our feedback wasn't actually wanted.

I mean, how many people said that the Hive Space STF was too hard? Okay, there were some who were like "lol my fleet did it in 10 seconds blah blah" but the majority were saying that the Borg uber-weapons and one-shot kills needed to be toned down a little. Not to mention the damned respawn timer - that needs desperate revision - you CAN'T make one of the enemies uber, with the ability to one-shot us, and make us wait 70 seconds to rejoinn the mission FREQUENTLY because we were one shotted. Yep - flying around in a CONSTANT cloud of plasma fire, despite no Borg ship being anywhere near you, and respawing to get one-shotted again mere seconds later is GREAT fun!

But they didn't listen and, aside from the boastful "my fleet did it in...." comments (completely missing the point that the highest use for it would be PuGs), that mission is a wreck. It's going to be anothe Crystaline Entity type mission, where only Fleets bother with it and PuG players take the penalty and never return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
# 67
11-15-2012, 12:12 AM
In my opinion it was a cop out. They lied about the rewards during testing, and then claimed this WAS the plan all along, and in doing so, giving us what they told us in the first place was doing us a favor. Why can't he just say he's sorry for slapping us?
Commander
# 68
11-15-2012, 12:14 AM
i like the change
What ? Calaway.
Career Officer
# 69
11-15-2012, 12:28 AM
As said, one small step...better than silence and better than nothing being done.

At least, you got a knee jerk reaction.

Your voicing matters...

Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T1.5, Tac 2, Eng 1 & Sci 1.
Subscribe to STO--1546+ days
LTS Since December 2011
Lt. Commander
# 70 not happy
11-15-2012, 12:55 AM
lost: Foundry Clickers, Chart B'tran, Mirror Incursion, and previously Kerrat dilithium.
(this can be the entire 8k cap)

gained: FA's now worth 1440.

lost: FA's now worth 480

I don't play STF's, I have been screwed repeatedly.

I quit for one week prior to season launch, but logged in opening day to see if there was any
way I could maintain my dilithium income. Turns out I needed to play FA's ad infinitum.

I think they did some math and decided too many people were actually willing to try FA's and it was cheaper to return the nerfed STF amounts. There is no charity involved here.