Captain
# 71
11-15-2012, 01:06 AM
I am so incredibly torn on this issue. On one hand, I love the romulans, I also love the tholians, so the actual content within the season is amazing to me. The Steamrunner class is also the number one ship I personally wanted in the game. Even on new Romulus, it feels like a genuine RPG or MMO zone, with stuff everywhere. More importantly, the majority of it is scientific tasks. Something the true trekkies have been begging for since launch.

On the other hand, I worry for the state of PVP and any PVE featuring competitive mechanics. Any two same ships with the same equipment should be an even fight, but duty officers will put a world of difference between them. Good duty officers just got incredibly difficult to obtain, the natural way of obtaining them just got harder, so their prices are going to get higher and their existence will become rarer. To achieve the dream of a full purple roster will now take just under two million DIL. I could understand a price increase, but the one they gave was too much.
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, and T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The rule needs to change.

Last edited by cidstorm; 11-15-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Commander
# 72
11-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omfg4202 View Post
This was posted by DStahl today regarding the generally negative feedback about changes to STFs and end-game content in Season 7. I would like to know how people feel about this, and whether or not the general consensus is that it goes far enough to rectify the most grievous of complaints.

I like the changes. Dil for STF means that they are still "less" worth in than SB24. But SB24 is less fun/challenging/motivational than CSE or the new one :-) And now with the level up of the borg,our efforts are being rewarded again :-)

So , yeah thanks Cryptic for that.
Lt. Commander
# 73
11-15-2012, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourxgamer View Post
lost: ...Mirror Incursion...
I got dil from the Mirror yesterday (when the map would load, at least).

500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
Career Officer
# 74
11-15-2012, 02:53 AM
So here's the thing:

Would I have preferred the old STF rewards (Dil wise): Yes
Would I have preferred that they stayed as they were: Yes
Was I happy with the removal: No!

Can I live with these changes, for the common benefit of all? Yes... I guess I can.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Commander
# 75
11-15-2012, 02:54 AM
Not very happy really. As opposed to 20 minutes in Starbase 24 to get 1500 dilithium now I have to spend 20 minutes in Starbase 24 and 20 minutes in elite Infected Space to get 1500 dilithium.

Double the time for the same reward. Not happy at all. After 3 years really sick of the same old STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 76
11-15-2012, 03:18 AM
i'm completely fine with these changes.
Starfleet Veteran
# 77
11-15-2012, 03:26 AM
The 'liffium ratio is between 155 and 160 now, it used to be less, so it's improved. Goal achieved. AND the STF players have some of their 'liffium back! I hope everyone is happy now.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Commander
# 78
11-15-2012, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I'm admittedly disappointed that our feedback wasn't actually wanted.

I mean, how many people said that the Hive Space STF was too hard? Okay, there were some who were like "lol my fleet did it in 10 seconds blah blah" but the majority were saying that the Borg uber-weapons and one-shot kills needed to be toned down a little. Not to mention the damned respawn timer - that needs desperate revision - you CAN'T make one of the enemies uber, with the ability to one-shot us, and make us wait 70 seconds to rejoinn the mission FREQUENTLY because we were one shotted. Yep - flying around in a CONSTANT cloud of plasma fire, despite no Borg ship being anywhere near you, and respawing to get one-shotted again mere seconds later is GREAT fun!

But they didn't listen and, aside from the boastful "my fleet did it in...." comments (completely missing the point that the highest use for it would be PuGs), that mission is a wreck. It's going to be anothe Crystaline Entity type mission, where only Fleets bother with it and PuG players take the penalty and never return.
Sorry, but the new STF on Space is easy to do with a PUG. And Elite should be impossible for noobs and hard for the more intelligent players ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 79
11-15-2012, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eristhevorta View Post
The 'liffium ratio is between 155 and 160 now, it used to be less, so it's improved. Goal achieved. AND the STF players have some of their 'liffium back! I hope everyone is happy now.
unfortunately no, some of them already started whining "omg give back fleet actions dil reward, or increase it to at least 960 dil".

i already wrote my opinion about it in another topic: if the dilithium is a currency used to obtain end-game gear, it's fair, that it can be obtainable through and-game content too.
Empire Veteran
# 80
11-15-2012, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
The compromise is what we were expecting, and grumbling about these past few weeks. I wonder if the shock no dilithium day yesterday was just a ploy, and this so-called compromise was the plan all along?
I think you are correct, my friend.

We need more variety in ways to get dilithium in this game.

I like having dilithium attached to fleet actions .... just wish it was slightly more ... not quite as high as the 1440 .... 960 maybe or add in fleet marks.

OR ... add dilithium (480) to the standard fleet mark missions.

There's a balance to be found among the different needs and playstyles.

Some like to play STFs. Others do not.

Some like to support fleets. Others do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
Not very happy really. As opposed to 20 minutes in Starbase 24 to get 1500 dilithium now I have to spend 20 minutes in Starbase 24 and 20 minutes in elite Infected Space to get 1500 dilithium.

Double the time for the same reward. Not happy at all. After 3 years really sick of the same old STFs.
My point exactly.

I feel we've taken a step in the right direction, but more tinkering under the hood is needed.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!

Last edited by genhauk; 11-15-2012 at 04:29 AM.