Ensign
# 1 Cartoon textures are Better
12-25-2012, 03:16 AM
Cartoon textures are better than what i have now...Meaning no detail what so ever.with my new laptop Asus x54c does not like the Blood of the Empire when it got into the Great Hall was like walking on air with no floor and my armor and ship windows that are just highlight and blury with no deail..Any ideas in here
Career Officer
# 2
12-25-2012, 03:30 AM
Sorry to bring the bad news. That laptop is NOT ideal for running any games.
Some games will run, but forget the idea of getting quality out of it. That intel gfxchip is just not intended for gaming beyond windows solitaire.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Captain
# 3
12-25-2012, 03:30 AM
What kind of graphics card sounds like a intel one. I have a ACER one myself and until I brought a new one the game windows did show as unfocused and a blur
Career Officer
# 4
12-25-2012, 03:31 AM
If you want to share the specs of the laptop (ram, graphics card size, etc) you have there, people with a similar powered computer might be able to suggest what in-game settings would best suit it, so that you can get the best quality of gameplay from it.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Career Officer
# 5
12-25-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandormen123 View Post
Sorry to bring the bad news. That laptop is NOT ideal for running any games.
Some games will run, but forget the idea of getting quality out of it. That intel gfxchip is just not intended for gaming beyond windows solitaire.
It's ok for most MMOs though and even most games if one's expectations are not that high. Even BSGO. This is not your father's "Intel Graphics", it's been improved... a little bit ^-^

Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
What kind of graphics card sounds like a intel one. I have a ACER one myself and until I brought a new one the game windows did show as unfocused and a blur
In the case of the Asus x54c, "Integrated Intel? HD Graphics 3000".

Really, just google the model name of your laptop and the odds are good that you will find your answer.

PS "unfocused and a blur"? That might need an optometrist or a new LCD panel.
Captain
# 6
12-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Look for a driver from the chipset manufacturer, default board drivers or Windows drivers rarely let you fine tune video card settings and if anti aliasing and filtering are set too low it will look terrible, if the video is using shared memory, check in your BIOS to see if you can change how much memory is set aside for video, if it can be changed set it as high as you can get.
Try running the game in Windowed Maximized rather than Fullscreen, I use windowed maximized because I have dual monitors and hate tabbing but I have noticed a better image than what I get with fullscreen.