Originally Posted by mikey5time View Post
Free game is free.
Not when you are doing the monthly subscription or lifetime
Ensign
# 12
11-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maliusnight View Post
Guys once you hit tier 5 an elite stf will be worth more. How much more well 700+960=1660 thats 560 more dilithium per run. We came out of this way ahead. I understand your frustrated with cryptic or just that haters gotta hate. But please do the math. Do I feel for the "average" players who no longer gets 1440 for running SB24? I do I feel bad for them. But they need to get off the bench and join the STF team! Grinding up that rep is easy! You can even do it solo now using the defera invasion, if you so choose. But make it happen!
I guess I'll have to trust you on tier 5 because on tier 0 you get 0 dilithium. The only thing we currently get dilithium from are 20 man fleet battles.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
11-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loazanneth View Post
I guess I'll have to trust you on tier 5 because on tier 0 you get 0 dilithium. The only thing we currently get dilithium from are 20 man fleet battles.
At tier 0 you can still do BNP turn ins for 10 BNP to 1000 dil. Thats still 1060 a run which is 40 less I admit then back in the day, But it is something. Combine it with a quick 480 SB24 pick a quick VR console and your doing pretty good.
Commander
# 14
11-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
How much more well 700+960=1660 thats 560 more dilithium per run. We came out of this way ahead. I understand your frustrated with cryptic or just that haters gotta hate. But please do the math
Well, your math is off. It was 1100 dil + any edc/salvge/tech you turned in, once I got 8012 dilithium from one ISE run because I turned in 3 Proto Salvage.
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
11-15-2012, 03:22 AM
Lulz, you know ... that's what they probably like doing. Take something away, cause a huge rage action, then put some of it back and earn thanks for it. Like with those bugs, then after fixing them (40 page thread of rage), everyone is like "oh thankies so muchies" etc.

Once again, I have to say, I don't thank someone for repairing something which got broken on purpose in the first place. However, I thank for the effort that has been brought to the Tau Dewa sector block which is a good place to fly around these days, and I thank for the lowering and easing of duff requirements in fleet projects.
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
11-15-2012, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoryczny View Post
Well, your math is off. It was 1100 dil + any edc/salvge/tech you turned in, once I got 8012 dilithium from one ISE run because I turned in 3 Proto Salvage.
And how many times did you just get EDCs?
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
11-15-2012, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eristhevorta View Post
Lulz, you know ... that's what they probably like doing. Take something away, cause a huge rage action, then put some of it back and earn thanks for it. Like with those bugs, then after fixing them (40 page thread of rage), everyone is like "oh thankies so muchies" etc.

Once again, I have to say, I don't thank someone for repairing something which got broken on purpose in the first place. However, I thank for the effort that has been brought to the Tau Dewa sector block which is a good place to fly around these days, and I thank for the lowering and easing of duff requirements in fleet projects.

Its not impossible. But its even if they do just enjoy watching the forums burn down every new season it strikes me as both totally unlikely, and it doesn't reflect well on them. The forums are never the cleanest happiest place but they are positively toxic during this launch. It doesn't look good to new players, i can't look good to PWI investors.

If we want them to make the changes we want, then We must reactive positively when they do so. Its that simple. Positive re-inforcement is more likely to achieve the desired out come then endless pages of flame.
Lieutenant
# 18
11-15-2012, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Its not impossible. But its even if they do just enjoy watching the forums burn down every new season it strikes me as both totally unlikely, and it doesn't reflect well on them. The forums are never the cleanest happiest place but they are positively toxic during this launch. It doesn't look good to new players, i can't look good to PWI investors.

If we want them to make the changes we want, then We must reactive positively when they do so. Its that simple. Positive re-inforcement is more likely to achieve the desired out come then endless pages of flame.
As a cynic, I'm in accordance with many who've stated their belief that Cryptic knew what they were going to do well in advance. For me, the REAL reason behind the STF changes was the number of players getting rich off them through drops (EC) rather than dilithium, and have used the dil return as cover for their true purpose.

Cryptic, if you praise them now, come out smelling of roses for breaking what wasn't broken instead of creating new, enticing content for players to spend on.

Your praise now they can use as fuel for the next mega-nerf after which they'll give 10% back as a pat on the head for the good little players. Lies and deceit from developers must not be permitted, and must NEVER be forgotten nor forgiven.
Commander
# 19
11-15-2012, 03:55 AM
Quote:
And how many times did you just get EDCs?
I never get "just edcs" - I either got 2-3 blue items or enough edcs to pile up and buy some borg parts in order to sell them for ec. It was well over 100k ec on average. And sometimes I got items that I sold for millions.

In addition to killing largest dil income source they killed largest EC source as well. Don't you see it?
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
11-15-2012, 05:03 AM
Let me get this right. Cryptic makes a change. People hate it and voice their opinions. Instead of giving it more time to see if it works in the long run, Cryptic accepts the feedback and changes the decision.

Now it seems that people are STILL unhappy.

People, ever heard of being magnanimous in victory? Seriously, a little maturity. I'm sure your egos can withstand making a little less imaginary money in an imaginary world.