Commander
# 21
11-15-2012, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Let me get this right. Cryptic makes a change. People hate it and voice their opinions. Instead of giving it more time to see if it works in the long run, Cryptic accepts the feedback and changes the decision.

Now it seems that people are STILL unhappy.

People, ever heard of being magnanimous in victory? Seriously, a little maturity. I'm sure your egos can withstand making a little less imaginary money in an imaginary world.
Where is the like button for your comment ? :-)
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
11-15-2012, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoryczny View Post
I never get "just edcs" - I either got 2-3 blue items or enough edcs to pile up and buy some borg parts in order to sell them for ec. It was well over 100k ec on average. And sometimes I got items that I sold for millions.

In addition to killing largest dil income source they killed largest EC source as well. Don't you see it?
Really? You always got 2-3 blue as well as 2 EDCs? Those items sold for over 100k on average? That is amazing!

Cause I have done literally Hundreds of elite STF runs, and Certainly have not seen anything like that level of return on average.

Yes there were lucky runs, and there lucky drops. But If you averaged over 100k worth of drops your so lucky you must have gotten your full MkXII set on the first run each and every time.

Let me simply rephrase that its impossible to have come that average. No one got 100k average worth of drops in ESTFs. Not if you really ran them. I have seen more then one MkXII (Acc x3) weapon drop, and those sell of loads of cash. But believe me it still wouldn't average out to 100k per run.

Of course I see that we lost the loot bag. But I don't care, to be honest, the drops from that have been mostly worthless for 2 seasons. The buff to loot to FA is honestly much more valuable, and they aren't going to give that back that drop, we knew that in the testing phase. We don't need EC to run STFs. We do need Dil. They gave us back Dil and that means we can go on as we have been. We can make all kinds of money off FAs instead.

Last edited by maliusnight; 11-15-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
11-15-2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Let me get this right. Cryptic makes a change. People hate it and voice their opinions. Instead of giving it more time to see if it works in the long run, Cryptic accepts the feedback and changes the decision.

People, ever heard of being magnanimous in victory? Seriously, a little maturity. I'm sure your egos can withstand making a little less imaginary money in an imaginary world.
+1
I'm glad I'm not alone.
Lieutenant
# 24
11-15-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:

Cryptic made changes, but lied first about said changes. This caused the greatest upset IMO.

Cryptic knew from the beginning there would be outcry, hence the ruse to placate the few who get their dil back.

There was no victory in which to be magnanimous. Cryptic did not apologise for the lies. Cryptic have still sent dil needs soaring whilst lowering the availability of "easy/fast" dil, which they claim they weren't trying to do. Another lie but there we go.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
11-15-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoustar View Post
Cryptic made changes, but lied first about said changes. This caused the greatest upset IMO.

Cryptic knew from the beginning there would be outcry, hence the ruse to placate the few who get their dil back.

There was no victory in which to be magnanimous. Cryptic did not apologise for the lies. Cryptic have still sent dil needs soaring whilst lowering the availability of "easy/fast" dil, which they claim they weren't trying to do. Another lie but there we go.
I'm terribly sorry to break this to you, but anything they put on Tribble or announce on forums is subject to change. This doesn't mean they've lied. It means they decided to change something.

Also, you do understand that they're not actually obligated to tell you their intentions, don't you? Not unless you're a stockholder. Are you a stockholder?
Lieutenant
# 26
11-15-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
I'm terribly sorry to break this to you, but anything they put on Tribble or announce on forums is subject to change. This doesn't mean they've lied. It means they decided to change something.
So they made changes. This is a victory how? You think them putting back what they took away (as was their intention all along) is a victory? A victory when, as you say, they can do whatever they choose?

Quote:
Also, you do understand that they're not actually obligated to tell you their intentions, don't you? Not unless you're a stockholder. Are you a stockholder?
Indeed they aren't, but they allow for discussion and dislike, so I described my dislike in the forum. You understand what a forum is, right?
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
11-15-2012, 06:59 AM
Quote:
So they made changes. This is a victory how? You think them putting back what they took away (as was their intention all along) is a victory? A victory when, as you say, they can do whatever they choose?
As was their intention all along. You know this because they told you? You know this because you can read minds? You know this because you're a soothsayer? If I were you I'd be buying lottery tickets!!

Quote:
Indeed they aren't, but they allow for discussion and dislike, so I described my dislike in the forum. You understand what a forum is, right?
Yes, a forum is a place where hopefully-rational people discuss things. There was discussion to implement a change. That change was implemented. I fail to see why the discussion needs to continue as the goal was achieved. There's no more to gain out of this.

By any chance do you believe the world owes you something? Hold on to something now... It doesn't!!
Empire Veteran
# 28
11-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maliusnight View Post
I just want to say I am very pleased that you guys have decided to put the dil reward back in. I'm certain that was the right choice, I think this whole thing has gone a long way to restoring my faith in the devs.

Thanks!!

Yes, i agree, Thank you Cryptic, pwe, DaStahl
Expand, or die.
Support: Ferengi cross faction!!

Commander
# 29
11-15-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:

Reikou likes this *Insert Facebook thumbs up*

You can never make everybody happy.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Commander
# 30
11-15-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maliusnight View Post
No one got 100k average worth of drops in ESTFs. Not if you really ran them.
Wrong. Say that in one run you get 2 edc, one blue shield. 3 edc and some crappy console in second. Sell your shield for ~45k, crappy console for 9k, buy a borg engine with edcs and sell it for 100k. Which means in 2 sub-aversge runs you have 154k, which means average of 77k. And in this example drops were really crappy. Usually I came out with better stuff.

Say that you get a decent dmg console - its worth about 340k. I used to get one in 3-4 runs. Or get a blue mk xii shield and a blue mk xi deflector, thats about 90k. Notice the fact I am not even mentioning purple drops.

And no, I didn't get "all mk xii stuff" in first run. Despite that I have enough [Borg] weapons and full mk xii sets to just laugh at this sad repetition system. I was playing 3-4 E-STFs per day, 4-5 days in a week. Now compare it with "rewards" in new system.
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"