Republic Veteran
# 1 8000 Cap what's the point??
11-14-2012, 05:38 PM
okay with everything going on, I'm just curious what's the reason behind 8000 cap

let's say in a Perfect World (no pun intended) every single thing in game gave you dilithium, from Fleet actions to STF's and story missions everything in the game. You're still bound to the 8000 cap, and besides buying Zen and changing it to dilithium, the only other way to bypass the 8K cap is having 50 toons and transferring it to one....but you can still do that even with taking out all the dilithium and "Balancing "it out as you seem to have done.

So my point is, you guys at Cryptic came out with a 8K cap for a reason to safeguard from exploiting the Dilithium Exchange. So if the 8K cap is not working you're not really fixing the problem now are you. You took out dilithium from STF to give it to FA to make FA worth doing again....but now you nerfed FA and gave back a little dilithium to STF's but making FA pointless again. I'm trying to understand the logic here?
Rihannsu
# 2
11-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
okay with everything going on, I'm just curious what's the reason behind 8000 cap

let's say in a Perfect World (no pun intended) every single thing in game gave you dilithium, from Fleet actions to STF's and story missions everything in the game. You're still bound to the 8000 cap, and besides buying Zen and changing it to dilithium, the only other way to bypass the 8K cap is having 50 toons and transferring it to one....but you can still do that even with taking out all the dilithium and "Balancing "it out as you seem to have done.

So my point is, you guys at Cryptic came out with a 8K cap for a reason to safeguard from exploiting the Dilithium Exchange. So if the 8K cap is not working you're not really fixing the problem now are you. You took out dilithium from STF to give it to FA to make FA worth doing again....but now you nerfed FA and gave back a little dilithium to STF's but making FA pointless again. I'm trying to understand the logic here?
They put the dil back in STF because people called them out on their bs. I'm guessing they saw the massive drop in STF missions and realized since we had no reason to play them, we won't.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Republic Veteran
# 3
11-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgenigma View Post
They put the dil back in STF because people called them out on their bs. I'm guessing they saw the massive drop in STF missions and realized since we had no reason to play them, we won't.
They did not put it back, they cut it in half.

my point is 8k cap if it's not working whats the point of it?
Career Officer
# 4
11-14-2012, 06:06 PM
And why do you think Queue Numbers were removed from the game?

You really believed one second that lousy excuse about them not being accurate?

That answer was actually their first lie. The stealth removing of Dilithium was their second.

They knew damn well what they were doing and needed to hide an unconvenient truth.

Hence why Queue Numbers where removed in order people not realize how empty STF queues woudl become past season 7.
Career Officer
# 5
11-14-2012, 06:11 PM
If you step back and look at it with an unbiased eye and really think it through...

It all comes back to YOU buying more Zen.
Rihannsu
# 6
11-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tali9999 View Post
And why do you think Queue Numbers were removed from the game?

You really believed one second that lousy excuse about them not being accurate?

That answer was actually their first lie. The stealth removing of Dilithium was their second.

They knew damn well what they were doing and needed to hide an unconvenient truth.

Hence why Queue Numbers where removed in order people not realize how empty STF queues woudl become past season 7.
this 1000 times ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Captain
# 7
11-14-2012, 06:36 PM
This is why it was so stupid to nerf the FAs when they put Dilithium back into the STFs. It doesn't matter if every single mission in the game rewards 1440 Dilithium! With the 8000 crap in place, that's all a player will be getting!

Vice Admiral Laurence Corrin - USS Trafalgar
Captain Takaram ch'Rihan - USS Khellian
Captain Korax joH'a' vo'poH - USS Hartnell
General Hothkar, Son of Ta'lon - IKS oDwI'
Rihannsu
# 8
11-14-2012, 06:49 PM
I have to agree, the whole point of 8k cap was to limit influx, it doesnt matter if we all have 1 billion unrefined dilithium we cant use it for anything. Problem was people with 60+ toons using F2P accounts farming quick 2min dilithium refining 2k dilithium x60+ toons a day.

Normal players got kicked in the nuts thanks to the farmers exploiting the dilithium exchange. I dont grind dilithium, but any good source of it to get it when needed keeps getting b*tchslapped for us.

Instead of finding a real solution cryptic keeps making the issue worse. They need to leave FA dillithium at 1440 and ESTF at 960. Hell all reg missions aught to give 480. Dil was supposed to be a time based currency. Anything we spend time doing mission/crafting wise should have a dil award. Same with some energy credits this is only game ive seen in a long time that has no monitary reward for completing tasks. Only way to get EC is to sell junk, Simply scale it to our level. Lvl1 gets 100 or so per mission, max lvl gets 10k. You can get more selling 1 item then that but atleast its better then 0.

Last edited by jtoney3448; 11-14-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Commander
# 9
11-14-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm totally with you on this but I just want to make a small point: Everyone keeps saying that fleet actions have been ruined now. But the darn things still give you a max of 480 dil when before there was nothing. It's something to consider, and not so much that the 1440 dil is gone. I mean really, did we really expect for that figure to stick? Come on, now. 1440 dil every 30 minutes. And I'm just assuming that that is for each FA and not just one of them at a time, like despite not doing the others they suddenly have 30 min timers counting down because you did one FA.

I think they should deliver more dil to get people to want to do them. I'll think that all day and week. But I'm just pointing out that before there was no reason whatsoever. Now there is for 480 dilithium. Which is all we wanted with STFs, is a reason to do them. Whether we're happy or not with that reason is another story. I'm not all that surprised that they quickly changed their minds about STFs, but I'm also not surprised they are still trying to slither their way out of giving us 1100 dilithium, and I'm definitely not surprised that they are slithering their way out of giving both FA and STFs a fair amount of dilithium for the effort. They don't care that they have a dilithium cap. It's just there to restrict how much dil is in the system via per person. They are all about making it a PITA to get. Even though the methods aren't hard whatsoever, they're a chore when no one wants to really do them. That's why dil in STFs were great, because we could get our dil while we were progressing in the game or just because we enjoyed what little end game there is.

And I go on because I have nothing better to do so be warned if you want to read the rest of this:

I totally understand their view that we should grind for what we have. The problem with that view is this is free to play. It has no place here. There is no forced sub fee. And so your strategy must change from trying to keep people playing through grinding to trying to keep people playing through casual content. And while I disagree that STO is some kind of a grind because it seems, no offense, that most players at STO never really spent more than a day doing real grinding in a pay for MMO, I still think it's in their best interests to cater to the casual player over the serious business crowd. It shows badly when my fleet recruits countless hundreds of newbie players and they stop logging in the following week and we have to clear them after a certain point so we can invite more. You can't really have both a grindy game AND be a cash grab F2P. That's why only 10% of us pay them a single dime because most all of their opportunity to earn a real nice paycheck is lost when so many gamers come and go before they get anywhere in the game.

It might have something to do with the ****ty ships we get to start out with. Just a thought. You come to play STO and you get stuck with ****ty ships while you level up. The idea of playing STO is no longer such a hot idea. Like I said, just a thought. Maybe shoulda just gave us the classic ships from the start but too late now for that idea. You know, start out at lv1, flying in your kickass Renta Enterprise. Content is based on levels. You level up like any ole MMO to get stronger. Your weapons and gear and levels work the same, just you get the cool ships from the start. So on and so on. Too bad that didn't happen, might've meant everything to the game early on.

Last edited by romuzarii; 11-14-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Rihannsu
# 10
11-14-2012, 07:09 PM
I honestly dont care if someone got a trillion dillithium on a single character, It can only refine 8k a day. The problem is F2P mass accounts doing 2mins of work. Not 15min FA for 1440. Though it does concern me of AFKing in FA, but 480 isnt much motivation for real players.

480 for normal STFs works cause you get marks in addition. FA is just mostly useless gear and dil. It needs 960 to be worth repeating. This is coming from someone who has 7 max lvl toons as not even prolly 100k dil total on all of them, prolly not even 3mill EC on total toons. I play to play not grind money for my toons. But if this is supposed to be "Time" based then it needs to be attached to time based activities. Wish they would move the focus of the game off currancys and DPS.

Debuff and healing is just as important to survival. But all our objs are based on how fast we can smash something.

Last edited by jtoney3448; 11-14-2012 at 07:13 PM.