Survivor of Romulus
# 11
11-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repetitiveepic View Post
The devs were told to come up with ways to increase paying-subscriber reliance on purchasing zen, so that "perfect world entertainment" could more effectively double-charge people for playing the game.

The 8000 per day dilith limit was implemented for this purpose.
i dont mind the cap we need a cap or dilth would be worthless what i dont like is being forced to play a limited amount of content in the game.

as far as im concered fleeties stfs episodes pvp EVERYTHING should give rewards.

now i understand romulans giving rom marks but dont like the fact we are bottle necked into playing they game the way they want me to and not what i want to play.

dilthium should be attached to everything and in amounts that warrent the effort needed to complete.

END game content should be hard and should give a reward that relfects that.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
11-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repetitiveepic View Post
I don't disagree, but how do those changes make paying subscribers more reliant on having to purchase zen?

The main priority for the devs is to follow their instructions to make paying subscribers more reliant on purchasing zen, so that PWE can double-charge people to play the game.

Unless you can think of a way to make your idea support this aim, it's hard to imagine why the devs would be interested in it.
im sure they are getting bucket loads of cash from boxes cstore etc.. pure greed is not a good way to increase profits and might show a short term boost but happy players are far more liky to spend some money than people that bloody ******.

a way they could double zen sale is make more freeking kdf stuff.

as they have said them selfs the player zen dilth market is so small that it hardly has a impact on profits.

focus on making the players happy listen to us and profit while doing so win win.

im sure they have made enough money from the 1st winter even alone to keep the lights on not to mention the cstore and other lockboxes.
Career Officer
# 13
11-14-2012, 08:00 PM
According to the big dilithium blog post, the average player has not been maxing out their cap every day. The average player seemed to be earning 13-14k per week. And I believe it. Those of us who know how can earn 8k dilithium quick, but it takes dedication. You have to know the content inside and out, and be skilled enough to blow through mobs like tissue paper. You can't go by what people on these forums are saying. Forum posters are a self selecting sample of the game's most dedicated players, and therefore have a skewed viewpoint. The vast majority never say a peep on here, they just play along in silence.

Back to point, if the refinement cap were lifted, we would all flood the dilithium market while that bulk of players would get left behind. That would not be good for anybody in the long run.
Rihannsu
# 14
11-14-2012, 08:26 PM
no the point is some one like me could play this game 16 hours a day cant buy out the cstore in one day or have all the lockbox stuff in 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Captain
# 15
11-14-2012, 08:37 PM
My point is that the cap should stay, but that all game content should reward some Dilithium. Then you can get the rewards while playing the way you want to, rather than the way the devs want you to.

Vice Admiral Laurence Corrin - USS Trafalgar
Captain Takaram ch'Rihan - USS Khellian
Captain Korax joH'a' vo'poH - USS Hartnell
General Hothkar, Son of Ta'lon - IKS oDwI'
Rihannsu
# 16
11-15-2012, 12:18 PM
What didn't make sense to me:

Saying most were not even hitting 8k per day but averaging 3k or so. So the solution was to reduce and remove sources of dilithium? Counter productive much? They make it seem like it's a big deal that the majority is not hitting cap everyday yet take steps to help keep it that way. That's like wiping before using the toilet. It doesn't make any sense.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Rihannsu
# 17
11-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgenigma View Post
What didn't make sense to me:

Saying most were not even hitting 8k per day but averaging 3k or so. So the solution was to reduce and remove sources of dilithium? Counter productive much? They make it seem like it's a big deal that the majority is not hitting cap everyday yet take steps to help keep it that way. That's like wiping before using the toilet. It doesn't make any sense.
actually it does, on average.

stf's were played by only a small percentage of the playerbase. i imagine only a small number did the foundry exploit as well as most people dont go near the foundry, and even then some wont do the exploit. same with b'tran as exploration is not that popular

by adding a large qty of dilithium to fleet actions with a 30 min cooldown they added an easy source of dilithium to nearly all ranks that can be grinded quickly from any location.

plus they increased the asteroid mining output and added the tholian red alert.

so the yes they took multiple ways out but they added a very, very convenient way in.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
okay with everything going on, I'm just curious what's the reason behind 8000 cap

let's say in a Perfect World (no pun intended) every single thing in game gave you dilithium, from Fleet actions to STF's and story missions everything in the game. You're still bound to the 8000 cap, and besides buying Zen and changing it to dilithium, the only other way to bypass the 8K cap is having 50 toons and transferring it to one....but you can still do that even with taking out all the dilithium and "Balancing "it out as you seem to have done.

So my point is, you guys at Cryptic came out with a 8K cap for a reason to safeguard from exploiting the Dilithium Exchange. So if the 8K cap is not working you're not really fixing the problem now are you. You took out dilithium from STF to give it to FA to make FA worth doing again....but now you nerfed FA and gave back a little dilithium to STF's but making FA pointless again. I'm trying to understand the logic here?
Sure the players that have unlimited gaming time can just go alt crazy and hit the 8000 refinement cap on each of their characters and get tons of Dilithium but other players barely have the time to reach the refinement cap with just one.

I think what we may see in the future if Cryptic can?t get a stranglehold on the amount of Dilithium that?s being refined daily is that they will in turn make that 8000 Dilithium daily refinement cap and account based limitation.

Could you imagine the unbridled Rage that would be unleashed on the forums if something like the above ever came to pass?!

The 8000 Dilithium cap is there to give Cryptic a way to limit the amount of free Dilithium that can hit the market at a time and its other purpose is to try to boost the sale of Zen to Dilithium hungry players that just can?t wait to refine it daily.

Many hard core STO players had great systems in place to max out their Dilithium hauls with has many has 16 alts and I think that is what lead Cryptic to remove and try to reduce the amount of Dilithium that was available to us from running content.
Commander
# 19
11-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
I think what we may see in the future if Cryptic can?t get a stranglehold on the amount of Dilithium that?s being refined daily is that they will in turn make that 8000 Dilithium daily refinement cap and account based limitation.
You'd certainly get a promotion in PWE for suggesting it.
Republic Veteran
# 20
11-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
Sure the players that have unlimited gaming time can just go alt crazy and hit the 8000 refinement cap on each of their characters and get tons of Dilithium but other players barely have the time to reach the refinement cap with just one.

Could you imagine the unbridled Rage that would be unleashed on the forums if something like the above ever came to pass?!

The 8000 Dilithium cap is there to give Cryptic a way to limit the amount of free Dilithium that can hit the market at a time and its other purpose is to try to boost the sale of Zen to Dilithium hungry players that just can?t wait to refine it daily.

Many hard core STO players had great systems in place to max out their Dilithium hauls with has many has 16 alts and I think that is what lead Cryptic to remove and try to reduce the amount of Dilithium that was available to us from running content.

Not saying the CAP should go, but if it's there to prevent exploiting the system, and it's not working why is the solution taking out sources.