Lt. Commander
# 21
11-15-2012, 03:08 PM
it is simple tons of ppl used alt for easy dill and thets 2-3k per alt or less in few mins and they are the one who lowerd avrage cap so they decide to block them whit this so whay would they lose time on alts when for same time then can get dill now on main and problem solved more ppl will reach cap on avrage after this exspansion,
Captain
# 22
11-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrumnsa View Post
If you step back and look at it with an unbiased eye and really think it through...

It all comes back to YOU buying more Zen.
Wait, I'm not sure that works. Yes, that is the motivation for everything being done; I think that's safe to say, at least for the executive levels of the game on up.

But if people were able to refine more than 8k a day, wouldn't they also, then be able to buy more Zen? I guess if we're saying that people want dilithium, then the cap makes sure they have to buy Zen to get dilithium quickly. But if people want to buy things in the C Store by getting other people to pay for it, then they should release the cap - more people will buy more zen, and people with money who want dilithium will provide the zen for them, because they can get more dilthium...

I think I overthought that, but does that make any sense? Or are we saying that a capless system would mean less demand, and therefore less buying of it with zen? It still leaves out people who can't get as much dilithium as they need because they just don't have the time to play for it.
Career Officer
# 23
11-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Wait, I'm not sure that works. Yes, that is the motivation for everything being done; I think that's safe to say, at least for the executive levels of the game on up.

But if people were able to refine more than 8k a day, wouldn't they also, then be able to buy more Zen? I guess if we're saying that people want dilithium, then the cap makes sure they have to buy Zen to get dilithium quickly. But if people want to buy things in the C Store by getting other people to pay for it, then they should release the cap - more people will buy more zen, and people with money who want dilithium will provide the zen for them, because they can get more dilthium...

I think I overthought that, but does that make any sense? Or are we saying that a capless system would mean less demand, and therefore less buying of it with zen? It still leaves out people who can't get as much dilithium as they need because they just don't have the time to play for it.
There are reasons to control the buying power on both sides.

From an economic standpoint, if dilithium is worth more than ZEN and it isn't cutting into number of transactions then it means people are happy with gameplay.

Dilithium = value of gameplay.

ZEN = money.

From the perspective of an economist, happiness is gauged by spending. Someone could be addicted or raging mad but if they spend, they're happy.

Buying dilithium is rating gameplay highly. Selling dilithium is rating it lowly.

The more buying power dilithium has relative to ZEN, without reducing volume of transactions, the better the game is being rated.