Career Officer
They knew ANY reduction would be met with massive hatred...how do you get people to accept it...

You reduce it far more than you really want to...

You allow the public outrcy for a couple of days...

Then you relent and undo SOME of your changes...which brings the changes back to what you actually planned...

Now instead of being horrible you are instead "good" and listen to your players.
Ensign
# 2
11-14-2012, 06:47 PM
LOL@WAFFLING

They never intended to do this. This was a test. Only a test. To see how much B.S. your willing to put up with. Well you've found my limits.
Adios
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-14-2012, 06:47 PM
No conspiracy theory is complete without some oblique references to Roswell and JFK. Throw in the moon landings being faked too.

Occam's razor. You may want to look it up.
Captain
# 4
11-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrumnsa View Post
They knew ANY reduction would be met with massive hatred...how do you get people to accept it...

Then you relent and undo SOME of your changes...which brings the changes back to what you actually planned...

Now instead of being horrible you are instead "good" and listen to your players.
Didn't I and others say this before?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 5
11-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
I (and others) still have low resolution textures which load when the game wants ,lots of bugs ,no fleet marks from the quicky ,the game offers no reward for playing ground stfs which I like ....should I continue?
Career Officer
# 6
11-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Didn't I and others say this before?
Maybe...I don't read every single post.

I'm just posting a theory I've seen repeated many times before across many MMOs.
Career Officer
# 7
11-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehawk77 View Post
LOL@WAFFLING

They never intended to do this. This was a test. Only a test. To see how much B.S. your willing to put up with. Well you've found my limits.
Adios
This is pretty much how Oil manipulation works.

1) Find an excuse, any excuse to claim shortage and raise the price per barrel. 9/11, War in Iraq/Afghanistan, Katrina, civil unrest in Egypt/Libya.

2) Raise the price dramatically till it becomes a hot-button issue, then reduce the price but always at least $10-$20 above the previous low price per barrel.

3) Gradually wash, rinse, repeat so that the consumer not only tolerates but actually thinks that the current average of $3.75 per gallon at the pump is a great deal.

4) Go for a swim in the vault.
Career Officer
# 8
11-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:

Exactly. It's an old method of getting people to accept less of what they have by taking it away completely making them realize they are worse off with nothing than what is offered, then giving them back less of what you took and they stop complaining. Then later you take a little more from them and they moan about it and you give them less. Eventually they just stop complaining when you take from them until finally they are left with almost nothing and you have almost everything. Don't be surprised if in the future they nerf more/new easy Dilithium "exploits" (examples: Officer reports daily single click, and Fed B'tran cluster) and then later reduce/remove more from the game.

Their goal WAS to add a reduced Dilithium reward to STFs and knew damn well players wouldn't go for that. Now the hard core STFers don't have a reason to do STFs and they come back as "we listened to your concerns and decided to add the (reduced) Dilithium reward back". Since the hard core STFers had no reason to play their favorite part of the game due to no Dilithium, they will now accept the reduced ammount as "better than nothing" and go about their business.

If the plan is successful, I fear eventually they will find more and more ways to limit the amount of Dilithium we can get (despite them saying they are "adding more ways for you to earn it") People will just accept the fact that Cryptic is going to do it to us and eventually stop complaining.

Here is a link to my theory on this in the thread where Dstahl all up and says "blah blah blah players were frustrated so we put the Dil rewards back into STFs, oh and we reduced the Dil rewards for Fleet Alerts /e trollface".

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=164

Long story short I think they are secretly trying to manipulate the Zen/Dilithium exchange economy so players will be more willing to just up and buy the Zen they want with real money and not even bother with the exchange anymore, thus, possibly, ultimately shutting down the Dil exchange for good due to nobody using it and forcing everyone to actually pay real money for Zen.
Self Portrait
Career Officer
# 9
11-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomicile View Post
This is pretty much how Oil manipulation works.

1) Find an excuse, any excuse to claim shortage and raise the price per barrel. 9/11, War in Iraq/Afghanistan, Katrina, civil unrest in Egypt/Libya.

2) Raise the price dramatically till it becomes a hot-button issue, then reduce the price but always at least $10-$20 above the previous low price per barrel.

3) Gradually wash, rinse, repeat so that the consumer not only tolerates but actually thinks that the current average of $3.75 per gallon at the pump is a great deal.

4) Go for a swim in the vault.
In my area in southern Cali, it was $3.95 last week. Today it was $4.13. And a few weeks ago it was damn near $5

I remember when gas started getting close to $3 a gallon and someone told me "it will never go below $2 a gallon again". And they were right.
Self Portrait
Republic Veteran
# 10
11-14-2012, 08:12 PM
This reminds me of the conspiracy With New coke...When they made New Coke people riot and then brought back old Coke said sorry and Coke cola made even moore money...just a little history lesson.

but yeah it worked for Coke great