Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
I have a fairly decent graphics card and keep my setting somewhere in the middle. Aside from an occasional lag when every single high graphic special effect is involved (warp plasma, grav well, tyk rift etc. all piled on me) I rarely lag.

The MOMENT Solar Wind PvP map load my FPS drop DRASTICALLY due to the incredible processing needed to display the solar winds dings.

I have noticed the vast majority of people complain about this as well. Sometimes, one or more players decide to just work on doff assignments or something and die fast to get it over with.

This graphic to simulate the solar wind serves NO PURPOSE and only slows down the FPS which is already under pressure in PvP.

Thank you for (hopefully) listening.

(it is lovely to look at but even that is annoying while trying to sort out visual information in a well fought battle through all the noise it provides)
Career Officer
# 2
11-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Nooo don't remove it. We already don't have enough maps to play in! I know it sucks that it's laggy, but don't ask them to take it out as they might be daft enough to actually do it.
Captain
# 3
11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
i say take it out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-08-2012, 04:05 PM
I say /remove too. The 3 arena maps are pretty much identical as far as gameplay goes. They might as well be empty space, as all the action quickly spirals to the top of the map. I can get a better FX experience a lot of other places in game, between PvP matches.
Captain
# 5
11-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Drop some spawns in all those exploration maps - and - pull this blight on humanity!

edit: BTW, wasn't there a recent thread suggesting the same thing? And one before that? I'm detecting common theme!
Captain
# 6
11-08-2012, 04:14 PM
If I were Bela Lugosi this map would be my crucifix. If I were Stone Cold "3:16 Says Ah Just Laid Teh Smack Down on Yo' Ass" Steve Austin, this map would be my debilitating addiction to Milwaukee's Best six packs.

Seriously I break into hives when I see it's loading. F you Solar Wind

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Commander
# 7
11-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't miss Solar Wind one bit. I do fear the unintended consequences that often stem from tinkering with the queues though.
Lieutenant
# 8
11-09-2012, 02:35 AM
We have far too few maps to play on as it is already, so I would not support removing Solar Wind, unless there were a few new maps coming to replace it.
The user formerly known as DogsBody.
Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-09-2012, 05:54 AM
Remember back when we could que up for each map seperately.... Solar wind was a quiet place back then!

(and that's the only good thing I can think of about that old que system)
Empire Veteran
# 10
11-09-2012, 06:16 AM
I don't really have a problem with the map. Although yesterday someone tbr'ed my heal cruiser into the station in the middle. So i was stuck for about 1-2 mins and could not get back into the fight.
It's really sad for a healer to see your team die while your heals are rdy but you can't reach them because you are stuck