Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2
11-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
Is there one?

Pugs suck btw.
Soon(tm)

No, really, as fast as possible. *Hopefully* next patch. We know that private queues are very important to our fleets, PvPers and players, so the team is hard at work to get them re-enabled.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
# 3
11-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Nice quick response there Bran, and I love how you put players and PVPers separately.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Commander
ok this is bugging the hell out of me now, one of the only things i actually look foward to in STO atm and i its been disabled the past few days where i can get a decent PvP match going against folks, could cryptic get there asses out of the meeting room discussing there next lock box items or c-store ships and take a few mins to re-enable this already >_>
"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Career Officer
# 5
11-19-2012, 11:22 AM
If you are still reading this thread Bran, please for the love of all that is STOly, bring back the number of players in line in a que when you que up in the system, like there use to be. It was very advantageous to see how many people are qued up.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Commander
# 6
11-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
If you are still reading this thread Bran, please for the love of all that is STOly, bring back the number of players in line in a que when you que up in the system, like there use to be. It was very advantageous to see how many people are qued up.
THIS!!

and dam your minimum message lengh
"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Career Officer
My fleet has a PvP sub-division and one of our newer players wanted to test his ship last night, only he couldn't because we were unable to set up a 1v1 challenge with the queues being disabled. My questions are:

1. How long is this situation likely to persist?
2. Is there a way around it to do a 1v1 from the same faction?

an additional question would be why has this step been taken anyway?

I hope this is just temporary because if not it surely is the final nail in the coffin of PvP in this game.
Captain
# 8
11-20-2012, 05:44 AM
One way to get around this is to have one person glitch to the other side in Kerrat and then have a dual over cracked planet. Generally if you announce it in zone chat no outsides will come rushing in to mess it up. And there are no Borg up there to kite over.