Ensign
# 1 Creating Development Patches
12-03-2012, 05:59 PM
I think a lot of you know the different assigment Pacthes from STO Wiki and in Game.
http://www.stowiki.org/File:Regent_Patch.png
My question is somebody know the Source of thes Beautiful thinks and more important.

Someone have Advises for a "How to create your owen Assigment Patch and was is necessary for it?
Captain
# 2
12-04-2012, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheeple View Post
I think a lot of you know the different assigment Pacthes from STO Wiki and in Game.
http://www.stowiki.org/File:Regent_Patch.png
My question is somebody know the Source of thes Beautiful thinks and more important.

Someone have Advises for a "How to create your owen Assigment Patch and was is necessary for it?
Ask ThomasTheCat (Crypticttc), he designed them all, they are so amazingly detailed
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
12-04-2012, 03:13 AM
If you have photoshop or another equally powerful image editing program then it would be easy to just create a multi-layered template.

using the regent patch you posted up for example layers would be:

1) the white circles surrounding the outer section of the patch

2) a layer with the gold circles

3) a layer with the red circle

4) The curved text layer

5) Several layers for the different aspects of the center of the patch.

If you used these layers to create a template then you could easily edit every aspect of the patch without having to redo it from scratch every time. Just make sure you work from a copy of the template so you don't accidentally save over it. And added step that isn't done with that patch, is after you flatten all the layers you could then use one of the effects to make it look like actual fabric. If you desire the physical patch appearance over a computerized logo patch appearance.
Ensign
# 4
12-04-2012, 04:36 AM
Thanks to all for the quick Answers (:

I Have Gimp that i can use.

And excuse my bad English but my Mother Language is German.

Last edited by blacksheeple; 12-04-2012 at 04:41 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
12-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Most (if not all) of the patches we show in game were drawn by our very own Thomas The Cryptic Cat. I'm pretty sure Thomas draws all these up as vector graphics in Adobe Illustrator.
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Career Officer
# 6
12-04-2012, 09:27 AM
If he's doing it as an SVG in Illustrator, then Inkscape would work for us as well. Plus, unlike Illustrator, Inkscape doesn't cost an arm, a leg, and 100,000 Dilithium. Its my default image editing software at work, though it sees more use as a "turn PDF into image" software than an actual image editor.

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0200 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.