Captain
# 21
11-15-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
lets go one year back and change the topic to "starbases". what made me think one year ago, that cryptic could do something like starbases for fleets? nothing. still they pulled it out. i know its huge work as you have to do so much missions and so on. i also know it wont be in the next 3-5 seasons but who knows, maybe they plan something like that later. i wouldnt say no to this.

Wasn't bases in CoX before Cryptic and NCSoft parted ways?

And Champions had bases before STO did so don't see how that applies.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution

Last edited by darthstormstrike; 11-15-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Commander
# 22
11-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
you think the queen going to let them run amuck with borg tech ? not to say you think them ppl would want to stay in a plance of horrors?
of course not, what do you think that i think? and so there you have your war. and they know this place of "horror" but how should i know, i have never been assimilated and neither have you
What ? Calaway.
Commander
# 23
11-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
Wasn't bases in CoX before Cryptic and NCSoft parted ways?
i dont know, i dont even know what CoX is
What ? Calaway.
Rihannsu
# 24
11-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Quote:
of course not, what do you think that i think? and so there you have your war. and they know this place of "horror" but how should i know, i have never been assimilated and neither have you
whos to say im not the borg queen just playing
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Captain
# 25
11-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Quote:
i dont know, i dont even know what CoX is
Cryptic's first game they made. STO is their third. And Champions had bases before STO did. So saying that line you used about bases doesn't apply to what I said. So try another analogy but find one that fits next time please.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Captain
# 26
11-15-2012, 12:48 AM
The only way to tie playable borg in with any sort of Star Trek canon would be to go back to Hugh's liberated borg cooperative. There was never any follow-up to the events of "Descent, parts 1 and 2". Did the Borg re-assimilate them? Did they simply become a coloney and stay out of the Collective's way?

If playable Borg were possible, they would need to come from this group, as they are individuals. How might new generations of Hugh's faction look? Would they still be decked out head-to-toe with cybernetic devices? Would they be like Seven of Nine with minimal Borg implants? Or would they be somewhere in between, allowing a mixture of functionality and individual style?

It would be interesting to explore the possibilities as a member of the Borg Cooperative. Hugh would likely still be alive, and could be the leader. The Cooperative would be a mini-faction that starts at Level 1, and could be leveled through Foundry missions tied specifically to a subset of locations and resources. At max level, Access to the Sirrius Sector Block's transwarp conduit would come available.

Leveling a minifaction should be centered around completing objectives. All of the objectives would need to be completed at all tiers. Access to the Borg minifaction would ideally come with the purchase of a Borg Cooperative character slot from the C-store. It would be a novelty faction, rooted in canon, advanced through foundry, but contained in a closed-off region of space so it remains its own experience until max level is achieved... It would be a completely PvE experience until max level which would allow entry to the rest of the gamespace.

Borg Minifaction ships would be multipurpose with generic seats allowing for whatever mix of engineering, tactical and science crew and a full set of borg cooperative doffs. The idea is to give them all the systems that everyone else gets but let them advance independently and apart from everything else, then let them enter the core game with everyone else as a separate faction.

The Romulan and Cardassian factions could be introduced in the same way and at the same time. These minifactions could also be classidied is semi-sandbox factions...

Just giving a serious treatment to this topic.

Whatever it is, it would have to be something that requires minimal work from Cryptic, limited to asset creation only...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are many problems with STO that only the Devs can fix. And they should...
At the same time, there are many problems that we are perfectly capable of fixing ourselves. And we should...
Career Officer
# 27
11-15-2012, 01:38 AM
HELL NO to a Borg Faction.

/ Nuff Said.
Captain
# 28
11-15-2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
HELL NO to a Borg Faction.

/ Nuff Said.
I don't really want one either. I just wanted to point out a way it could be done while allowing its members to be individuals
There are many problems with STO that only the Devs can fix. And they should...
At the same time, there are many problems that we are perfectly capable of fixing ourselves. And we should...
Commander
# 29
11-15-2012, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
Cryptic's first game they made. STO is their third. And Champions had bases before STO did. So saying that line you used about bases doesn't apply to what I said. So try another analogy but find one that fits next time please.
well i dont really care if that fits for you. it was an example of how i thought so when you ask me, if i really think they could pull out a borg faction, i explain you how i think and thats what i did. i dont know what else they did and i dont like to know as i am a star trek fan and thats why i play this game. i could try and find another analogy but then i have to figure out, if they did something similar like that before and i wont waste time for this.
What ? Calaway.
Captain
# 30
11-15-2012, 03:19 AM
Well you already have borg costume parts so it wouldn't be that big a stretch to add some additional items to the rep system for a borg mini-faction.

Just like it would be relatively easy to make borg lockbox ships based off the current npc ones.

Could be fun enough to fly a tactical cube I think.