Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm sure it's been said before but I'm just baffled about the lack of hairstyles, I'm even more baffled by what options we do have. Personally, maybe I'm wrong, but I can even see a lot of the Fed hairstyles being easily suitable for a Klingon and I'm just lost as to why those hairstyles can't just be transferred over.

The options are all dreads and then the receding hairline and top knot, and that's pretty much it. I've tried and tried to think back to all the ST episodes I've seen that had Klingons and I can NOT for the life of me remember one Klingon that had dreads. Did the Khitomer Accords lead to KDF becoming more familiar with Earth culture and grew a fascination with Reggae?

"ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY WARRIOR, BOB MARLEY!!!!"

Limited hairstyles I can sort of deal with, but who decided that 80% of Klingons would have dreads?

I just imagine my Klingon warrior going to his quarters and singing "What I've Got" by Sublime in a very monotonous, grumbly tone.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Agreed. Not one Klingon has dreads, in any episode. Why is that all they get here?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-26-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkonis
Agreed. Not one Klingon has dreads, in any episode. Why is that all they get here?
Remember how many people complained that ESD looked nothing like the ESD that was in the shows and movies?

Same thing here. A poor design decision made back when the game was in beta. (Which means I'm not really going to hold the current employees too responsible for this, but I do still blame the company overall). There are a lot of examples of the game not being very cognizant of details. This is one of those examples. Look at the "Season 4: Crossfire" banner at the top of each forum. Look at that awesome Klingon Warrior, bat'leth in hand. Look at that hairstyle. Doesn't look like dreads to me.

/sigh

Oh and let's not forget that new Hair Tech has been in the works since season 1. Still back burnered.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-26-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Remember how many people complained that ESD looked nothing like the ESD that was in the shows and movies?

Same thing here. A poor design decision made back when the game was in beta. (Which means I'm not really going to hold the current employees too responsible for this, but I do still blame the company overall). There are a lot of examples of the game not being very cognizant of details. This is one of those examples. Look at the "Season 4: Crossfire" banner at the top of each forum. Look at that awesome Klingon Warrior, bat'leth in hand. Look at that hairstyle. Doesn't look like dreads to me.

/sigh

Oh and let's not forget that new Hair Tech has been in the works since season 1. Still back burnered.
Yup, just like everything else on the KDF side of the fence...doubt we'll even get our man-skirts today in the C-Store...... because of Borg delays.....
Dang it, where is my change of hairstyle?.. The dreds clip into everything...not just 1 costume but ALL, they look nothing like regular Klinks...where are our little changes?...they give us a new social zone and leave?...bah... It's not like it takes alot of programming to change a hairstyle.... I hate to gripe, but it's the little things that are most distressing....
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-26-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Yup, just like everything else on the KDF side of the fence...doubt we'll even get our man-skirts today in the C-Store...... because of Borg delays.....
Dang it, where is my change of hairstyle?.. The dreds clip into everything...not just 1 costume but ALL, they look nothing like regular Klinks...where are our little changes?...they give us a new social zone and leave?...bah... It's not like it takes alot of programming to change a hairstyle.... I hate to gripe, but it's the little things that are most distressing....
Oh the klingon update were confirm delayed.

I love to see real klingon hair options in game but I doubt it happen. Past track record indicates the klingon get promise, delays and then most thing put on chopped block. Then more delays then final we get less then 1/2 of what was promised.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-26-2011, 08:04 AM
heh, just once I'd like to see something new released for the KDF first and the federation second.

It'd be something completely new and different.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Yes, this is completely true.... I would like to see how approachable PW is to have fans on the KDF side provide overwhelming support to have them get the devs seriously working on KDF side with much much more content/extra perk/customization releases...
I would like to see if we could do that, what's the worst that could happen? KDF gets some needed items and the feds sit and wait for a spell.....lol....

note the sarcasm in this post...
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-26-2011, 08:15 AM
After taking a walk thru Memory-Alpha,

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Klingon

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Category:Klingons

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Unnamed_Klingons

I found absolutely no Dreads.

There are a couple that have braided hair

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Vixis

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Valkris

and hair that's long that show a style usually that comes from undoing braids

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kahless_(clone

but no dreads...

When is that hair tech showing up again? "Soon"?

Edit: Off-Topic Question: How do i make it so my links are one or two words instead of the whole link address? It had never bothered me before, but i'm on the forums more these days# Please PM me to not derail the thread#

Kahless
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-26-2011, 08:23 AM
In response to your edit question.. I have no idea...
In response to your above posting... yes this is what we are talking about. Perhaps they didnt have the tech to do the hair the way it was needed to be done or perhaps they went over the polygon budget?...lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-26-2011, 08:31 AM
To edit a link you get normally this (without the *) [*URL="This is your URL"]This is whatever text you want.[/URL*]

Like this I have a huge stupid link and now I changed the link to this sentence to finally tell you this is a picture of the money cat.

As for hairstyles, bloody hell give them now I hate the current limited selection.