Captain
# 11
11-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensorghost View Post
But it works sadly, just look at the recent elections.
It will work for a while.
Lieutenant
# 12
11-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Oh sure, right up till they destroy the company completely or get their heads out of their collective arse's and see the damage they've caused.
Career Officer
# 13
11-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensorghost View Post
Im no doomsayer, Im a fist pumping revolutionary. I want to enjoy my game, now I cant. Its that simple. I have more invested to be here, offering my out rage, that I do even loging in to play a game where nearly every action is going to remind me of my outrage.
Why? Why can't you enjoy it? I think you should take a more positive approach. Here's an idea. Sit down and watch a few hours of TNG. Then go get yourself a Galaxy Retrofit (if you don't already have it). Switch off the chat channels and go do some exploring, make sure you're not disturbed either in game or IRL.

You'll soon be hooked again. Don't look at how much Dilithium or marks you're making for a week, just play the game, do the events you enjoy, only the events you enjoy, DO NOT grind anything, then come back in a week and see what you've earnt in both dilithium, marks, EC and most of all enjoyment.
Career Officer
# 14
11-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
Laugh away. Fact is though, I was not drawing a line from the game to fall of civilization so much as making a general observation about "free markets" that are in no way free. Deliberately re-stating someone's words to mean something else and then attacking your own twisted paraphrased version of it is one of the sloppiest debate tactics there is.
AJ, go get a sense of humour mate, you're way too young to be so serious.

LLAP
Lieutenant
# 15
11-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
AJ, go get a sense of humour mate, you're way too young to be so serious.

LLAP

I might could do that, but the nagging irritation that I am having to do something I didn't naturally want to do, circles back to the fact I'd rather be doing something else but I can't because the DEVs fracked it all up so there's no joy or reward left in it.
Captain
# 16
11-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Why? Why can't you enjoy it? I think you should take a more positive approach. Here's an idea. Sit down and watch a few hours of TNG. Then go get yourself a Galaxy Retrofit (if you don't already have it). Switch off the chat channels and go do some exploring, make sure you're not disturbed either in game or IRL.

You'll soon be hooked again. Don't look at how much Dilithium or marks you're making for a week, just play the game, do the events you enjoy, only the events you enjoy, DO NOT grind anything, then come back in a week and see what you've earnt in both dilithium, marks, EC and most of all enjoyment.
This is something i think more people need to do. In Real life and in game. Stop thinking about their income and just enjoy the ride. You are in command of a freaken STARSHIP, the most advance and wonderful vehicle in the galaxy, and YOU are in the center chair. If you don't want to do an STF, fine, go PVP. Don't want to PVP, fine, Go Exploring. Don't want to Explore, Fine, Play the Foundry. Don't want to play the foundry, fine, MAKE a foundry mission. Don't want to do that?? Find a friend and Roleplay some. You get the picture.

Stop trying to be extrinsically rewarded in this game. Enjoy the game because it is FUN, not because you dinged a new level.