Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Ensign
As far as the new STF changes now as a vet player they are a bit of a joke. I used to love doing them with fleet mates trying to get their gear and sometimes getting a nice dil reward for myself if i got the big drop. All they had to do was add another function inside of the map mission when items dropped and everyone had to roll on them why not of added another tab that would have allowed you to pass your roll onto another person on the team to increase there chance of getting the item. As far as personnel drops items, add a fuction that would move the item into a team item roll window. I know a many of my mates would have been happy to pass items on to other teammates that worked just as hard in the STF mission. As far as the 8000 dil daily before the STF change with luck i could have this done in Two STF mission 2200 + drops to be exchanged into dil which i did quite often so dont understands Daniels S commends that this change would make getting dil easier lol. Just think system was better before and a lot less work had to go into changing it to this mess that it is now when a little fuction tab tweak is all it needed.
Captain
# 2
11-15-2012, 07:47 AM
I see the devs are still in damage control mode. Thank alot guys for deleting Levi's thread out from under me. There nothing I like better than spending 20 minutes typing a post only to see it vanish under the 'you don't have permission to view this thread' error message.

The game is a joke, as well as this site.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-15-2012, 07:50 AM
I think the issue was having a lot of characters on one account gaining 8000 dilithum that quickly. That said, what Cryptic has done now has made STF's virtually undesirable to play with any frequency.

My fleet had 2 STF nights per week. There was always someone who needed a deflector or engine or just test a new build. We would spend the evening private challenging the Borg and had a lot of fun doing it. The incentive for that is now all but gone. Even adding Dilithum back to STF's won't remedy why anyone would bother running anything other than Infected.

Even if Cryptic hikes the omega mark cost to obscene levels to try to force us to play more than a couple stf's per day, the side effect of that is new players and alts will be greatly demoralized and unwilling to climb such a steep mountain. I know I don't want to add another character to my plate, given the time requirements to get a character even semi geared.

Alternate advancement via reputation is a great thing, but linking the gear to it made a mess of the STF system and ruined a fun portion of the game for me.
Captain
# 4
11-15-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I see the devs are still in damage control mode. Thank alot guys for deleting Levi's thread out from under me. There nothing I like better than spending 20 minutes typing a post only to see it vanish under the 'you don't have permission to view this thread' error message.

The game is a joke, as well as this site.
lol so that's what happened.
What they dont like to read must be deleted /killed /removed like that would change people's opinion.
Captain
# 5
11-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
lol so that's what happened.
What they dont like to read must be deleted /killed /removed like that would change people's opinion.
Ya, I should know better than to post without a copy in the buffer. Still, I'm getting to the point I don't want to even play much less post in this in this heavily censored environment.

I also used to do STF's to help friends get gear- DEAD
I started playing so I could PvP in a trek world- DEAD
I made a compromise and rolled a KDF toon to enhance my STO experience- DEAD on so many levels
I started posting here hoping my grievances would be heard- DEAD via deletion

My sub s almost up and I don't plan on renewing- HEAR ME NOW CRYPTIC/PWE ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf