Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Cryptic Studios Team
# 11
11-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Maybe this will help some?

We're adding additional loot drops to all high-rank NPCs. This includes Captains on the Ground, and Battleships and Dreadnaughts in Space. All of these NPCs will now have a very high chance (I believe it's 80%+) of dropping a green-or-better piece of level-appropriate gear.

Given the number of high-rank enemies you face in an average STF, you should end up walking away with a good haul of decent-to-wonderful loot to either equip, or sell for EC.

These changes were just made this week, and didn't make it into this morning's maintenance cycle. It's likely they will show up next week, though they may stir on Tribble for a bit before coming to Holodeck.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 12
11-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portgazd View Post
TBH it actually gives the old fleet actions a purpose now since you get purple drops for coming in 1st place. So in my perspective it's either do i want a omega marks or purple gea (i.e. Fleet Actions or STFs).
Yeah. That said, I think Breaking the Planet should give a token amount of fleet marks as well.
Captain
# 13
11-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

We're adding additional loot drops to all high-rank NPCs. This includes Captains on the Ground, and Battleships and Dreadnaughts in Space. All of these NPCs will now have a very high chance (I believe it's 80%+) of dropping a green-or-better piece of level-appropriate gear.

Given the number of high-rank enemies you face in an average STF, you should end up walking away with a good haul of decent-to-wonderful loot to either equip, or sell for EC.

These changes were just made this week, and didn't make it into this morning's maintenance cycle. It's likely they will show up next week, though they may stir on Tribble for a bit before coming to Holodeck.
Good to hear. Not a fan of fleet actions because of the competitiveness for the prize (eng cruisers never gonna win, so why bother?), so having a source from somewhere is good.
Rihannsu
# 14
11-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:

good to hear. thanks.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
11-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:

Level appropriate gear, as in MKXI or MKXII? I have to ask because, honestly, with the addition of the Fleet stores and relative ease to obtain exceptional MKXII gear most drops are barely worth more then recycling them once you obtain a decent set of gear.

Although the Dilithium currency is in good shape, the same cannot be said for EC. Most of the high ticket items on the exchange come from lock boxes and the market for endgame drops is limited at best. It might be time to give it a review.
Career Officer
# 16
11-15-2012, 11:08 AM
nope loot from one type of bad guy you just lilmit now how i make EC limits limits limits in this season
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.

Last edited by daan2006; 11-15-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Captain
# 17
11-15-2012, 11:12 AM
S7 is all about the grind

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
11-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Wow, putting the loot and the Dillithium back in the STF with the new guarantee for finally gettnig the MK XII gear is more that I ever hoped for.
I'm speechless...
Captain
# 19
11-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Only if you want access to the best gear in the game...
Captain
# 20
11-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:

Seems like you guys are ironing out the kinks in all of my initial complaints. Fantastic work. I'm actually really enjoying this seasons outlook now.