Captain
# 1 Fleet Heavy Cruiser Retrofit
11-07-2012, 04:33 AM
Is there anyone out there flying this thing ?
Career Officer
# 2
11-07-2012, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Is there anyone out there flying this thing ?
Edited - don't know why, but I was thinking of the Galaxy class. WRONG!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 11-07-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Captain
# 3
11-07-2012, 04:54 AM
It has a pretty awesome layout and would make for a not-shabby healer. Lacks a little in the Sci but it can actually turn, must be those four nacelles (more nacelles = better than).

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 4
11-07-2012, 05:02 AM
I'm mising some good assault cruiser in my collection. I do not want to fly Excelsior or Sovereign...so looking for other offensive alternatives...

I'm a little afraid of the shields tho. Need someone who has it, to write down the hps / regen of the shields
Career Officer
# 5
11-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Good ship. Assault Cruiser stats upgraded to fleet standards, the 3rd sci console comes in handy and with a turn rate of 8 it's comparable to an Excelsior. It's an Assault Cruiser +1.5.

Quote:
I'm mising some good assault cruiser in my collection. I do not want to fly Excelsior or Sovereign...so looking for other offensive alternatives...

I'm a little afraid of the shields tho. Need someone who has it, to write down the hps / regen of the shields
Nothing wrong with its shields. Thanks to being the fleet version of a T3 ships it gets its bonus shield capacity like all the other non-T5 fleet ships.
-----------------------
decker999
Captain
# 6
11-09-2012, 12:07 AM
I don't think so. I find it hard to justify the cost. In the broad picture is simply weak for it's cost. I would love to buy it, but don't won't to buy a gimped ship.

Now let me compare this ship for 2000 to regent for 2500. The tankiness of both ships is the same, but regent will eventually get the fleet version that outclasses the fleet heavy cruiser retrofit in every way except the turn rate.

Now if the fleet heavy cruiser retrofit had 9 or 10 turn rate and 35-40 inertia (it's small mass does not justify the 30 inertia) it would be interesting alternative.

Oh well. Why must all good looking fed ships have crap stats It's almost like someone has biass for certain ships

Last edited by dalnar83; 11-09-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Lieutenant
# 7
11-09-2012, 12:53 AM
Well... It's a stop-gap measure. ^^;

Captain Ruri Gokou of the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk
Catian Atrox Carrier
Career Officer
# 8
11-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Quote:
I don't think so. I find it hard to justify the cost. ...

... Oh well. Why must all good looking fed ships have crap stats It's almost like someone has biass for certain ships
But see, that's just your opinion here. The Regent is totally different than the standard Assault Cruiser/Fleet Heavy Cruiser, it's a tactical cruiser and not a healer. I assure you after using the Fleet Heavy Cruiser both in premade and pug PvP that it's stats are definitly not crap. It's the Fleet version of Assault Cruisers without changing the ships main purpose like the Regent does. It is an upgrade, everything else just comes down to you likeing or not likeing the ship.

The Regent and it's theoretical fleet version is more in a category with the Excelsior, which also is not a primary healing cruiser. Even here, looking at how some BOFF powers are working now, the Excelsior has a small advantage over the Regent. So yes, if you are tactical captain piloting a cruiser the Excelsior or Regent is probably better for you, but being an Engineer in PvP the Fleet Heavy Cruiser has the advantage. It's all dependencies.

Edit: I'm talking purely stats here, not about the cost of 4 ship modules. That's a different topic but don't forget that they can be purchased with EC.
-----------------------
decker999

Last edited by decker03; 11-09-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Captain
# 9
11-09-2012, 01:26 AM
From my point, they are both tactical ships. I'm not obcessed by high tactical abilities.

It's a fair tradeoff between lt.cmd tac and lt.cmd eng, while both slots can be used offensively and defensively.

A straight fleet version of normal assault cruiser, would have...

42900 hps and 1,1 shield modifier, and 10 consoles, but 7 turn rate (something fleet regent will get eventually). Now if I use the cryptic turn/vs hps ration, which is about 1,5k per one turn point.

It should yield something like 41k hps and 1,1shield modifer. Sure you get a shield hps bonus even with the lower modifier, but your native shield regen will take a hit from the 0,94, means using reg shields (full borg for example) is a lot worse. It might not seem at first glance but it is so.

I take it from my fleet nova experience vs. fleet nebula experience. The nova actually has +500 shield points on borg shields, but the regen on max shield power is at 2/3 more or less.

See, fleet nova at least got better layout, fleet saber got better turn rate, but what did fleet heavy cruiser retrofit got ?

There simply is no fleet level assault type cruiser in STO atm.

Last edited by dalnar83; 11-09-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Career Officer
# 10
11-09-2012, 01:52 AM
Quote:
From my point, they are both tactical ships. I'm not obcessed by high tactical abilities.

It's a fair tradeoff between lt.cmd tac and lt.cmd eng, while both slots can be used offensively and defensively.

A straight fleet version of normal assault cruiser, would have...

42900 hps and 1,1 shield modifier, and 10 consoles, but 7 turn rate (something fleet regent will get eventually). Now if I use the cryptic turn/vs hps ration, which is about 1,5k per one turn point.
But there is no straight Fleet Assault Cruiser and it doesn't look like there will be 1. Yes, a fleet version of the Regent will probably have the +10% to hull and shields and a 10th console and then it will be an even better tactical cruiser than it is now, but it will still not replace any other cruiser as healing boat. I know its totally dull to argue from a PvP point of view in this game, but both ships fit two totally different roles there.

Your Fleet Nova example is basically the same story. Fleet Nova suits a more offensive (or better CC) role and Nebula a more defensive/healing support role.

Quote:
I take it from my fleet nova experience vs. fleet nebula experience. The nova actually has +500 shield points on borg shields, but the regen on max shield power is at 2/3 more or less.
That's for sure something to consider and I also have both the Fleet Nova and Nebula for my sci captain. I did the comparisson with all the different shields between Nova/Nebula and Heavy Cruiser/Star Cruiser a couple weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I do not disagree that all fleet versions of T2 and T3 ships should have T5 stats. IMHO there is no need to make a difference and create an overall complicated system or put ships with the same costs on different levels.

For me, after testing the ship, the +1 turn rate, 10th console and higher shield cap are still an upgrade to the regular Assault Cruiser. The Fleet Nova suits my sci captain's CC approach very well, maybe the Fleet Recon has a better shield reg, but it works.

Quote:
See, fleet nova at least got better layout, fleet saber got better turn rate, but what did fleet heavy cruiser retrofit got ?
Fleet Heavy Cruiser also got a better turn rate. So what? Yeah I know, the hull is too weak, but really the difference is totally unimportant. When your shields are down I wouldn't bet on a tiny chance that some 2.5k additional hull will protect you.

Quote:
There simply is no fleet level assault type cruiser in STO atm.
Yeah, not by naming, but by stats. Could it be better? Yes. Is it an upgrade already? Yes.
-----------------------
decker999

Last edited by decker03; 11-09-2012 at 01:55 AM.