Survivor of Remus
As the title says, im getting this error when i click on the support tab at top of page, so i can reply to tickets that i have submitted in-game. But, i cant reply because of this error. I have tried chrome and IE. Both the same error. Have tried clearing cache,cookies,browser history and accept 3rd party cookies. Nothings working. Any help would be great. I know it cant be my pc, or laptop. Yes, i have tried on both and getting same result. I doubt its my AV as i have avg on pc, and avast on laptop. I dont know what else it can be, unless its server issues

Oh, i can log into my account no problem
Career Officer
# 2
04-25-2013, 12:09 AM
I would think it would be a add-on in one of your browsers causing it.
Survivor of Remus
# 3
04-25-2013, 06:01 AM
I dont think so. It seems to be only this site that im having issues with so far. I can log into other sites and browse the sites with no isues. But support tab at top of this page, i cant. Im starting to think there is a bug on this site.
Ive done scans, system restore, i even tried to go to the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page to get to support from there, but it logs me out. So, if i stay on that page & try to log back in, i get the same error. It just wont let me go to support, but everything else seems fine
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
04-25-2013, 07:37 AM
Actually there's already a current thread about this. The problem that is causing the redirect loop is the coding for the website that checks to see if you're logged in and then transfers that state to the support page. They're already aware of the problem and a possible workaround.

For right now you can simply go to the support page by entering:

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/home
Survivor of Remus
# 5
04-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Awesome to know its not my machines doing this. Thanks for the info.
But unfortunately, the link you provided, is exactly the one i was referring to, about clicking on "contact us" link at bottom of this page, then clicking on support on that page. It logs you out, so, as i was i saying, unfortunately, it doesn't help me when i want to reply to, or, edit tickets i submitted in-game

But,again, thanks for the info, i appreciate it, at least i now know its definitely not my machines playin funny buggers with me
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
04-25-2013, 08:47 AM
It's been that way ever since STO moved to PWE. Their support page is abhorrent. I wouldn't hold my breath on it getting fixed any time soon. I'm not typically this pessimistic, but the Support page has been in a sorry state for such a long time that I've no optimism left for its correction.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Captain
# 7
04-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Unfortunately, for a small percentage of players, there is an error with the support site and they will get a redirect error. As the team continues to investigate this error, please email in directly for support. Info here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=267893

Also, when you email them, let them know you are experiencing this issue and they can resolve it manually for you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Ensign
# 8
04-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Also, when you email them, let them know you are experiencing this issue and they can resolve it manually for you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Hmm. I was not aware the problem can be fixed. That would be great!

Is there any way to update or check on a ticket without being able to reach the site? I sent an email in last Friday and don't think it has been addressed yet. Or should I just send in a separate email?

Thanks.
Captain
# 9
04-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagen View Post
Hmm. I was not aware the problem can be fixed. That would be great!

Is there any way to update or check on a ticket without being able to reach the site? I sent an email in last Friday and don't think it has been addressed yet. Or should I just send in a separate email?

Thanks.
Yes; it can be resolved manually on an account by account basis when you email in. From a player's perspective, the issue may sound like it's an easy fix since that is the case, but it is more complicated than what it appears to be.

Your email will be answered in the order received, and you can simply reply to the automated email you received back to update your email ticket.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
04-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Yes; it can be resolved manually on an account by account basis when you email in. From a player's perspective, the issue may sound like it's an easy fix since that is the case, but it is more complicated than what it appears to be.

Your email will be answered in the order received, and you can simply reply to the automated email you received back to update your email ticket.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Interesting... I'll have to fill out a ticket in the near future then, becuase this has been happening to me since Day 1 of moving to PWE. Thanks for the info

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.