Career Officer
In the case of the fleet leader having disappeared, what's the protocol? How are we supposed to continue with projects and upgrade our Starbase [and our Embassy] if the fleet leader [i.e. the one who approves all projects] isn't available?

EDIT: I logged in today and saw that the leader for my fleet had returned! Yay!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg

Last edited by batmanforever365; 11-15-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
11-15-2012, 12:35 PM
I've got no advice for you, but a word of advice to all small/medium sized fleets out there, make sure you have at least two different leaders- not for political purposes, not for argument or even fairness sake, but in case one of you drops off the face of the galaxy.

Whether you just quit playing, or God forbid something happens like you get struck by a bus- it's not fair to leave your fleet's resources tied up in nothingness forever.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Career Officer
# 3
11-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
I've got no advice for you, but a word of advice to all small/medium sized fleets out there, make sure you have at least two different leaders- not for political purposes, not for argument or even fairness sake, but in case one of you drops off the face of the galaxy.

Whether you just quit playing, or God forbid something happens like you get struck by a bus- it's not fair to leave your fleet's resources tied up in nothingness forever.
I was thinking the same thing. Excellent advice!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-15-2012, 12:46 PM
If he hadn't returned (Yay for you) then after 30 days of him being absent, someone else in the fleet would be allowed to claim the leadership.

You have to wait the full 30 days thou.
Captain
# 5
11-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
If he hadn't returned (Yay for you) then after 30 days of him being absent, someone else in the fleet would be allowed to claim the leadership.

You have to wait the full 30 days thou.
This...

When 30 days are done, the group at the rank just below fleet leader get the option to claim leadership.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 6
11-15-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm happy to know that, if something did happen to a fleet's leader which forced him or her to leave, the fleet wouldn't be stranded concerning projects and advancement.

Thank you very much for the information!
Career Officer
# 7
11-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
This...

When 30 days are done, the group at the rank just below fleet leader get the option to claim leadership.
There was another MMO with a similar mechanism. There were leaders and one "super-leader," but that tile would be lost if you didn't log in for 30 days. I think its a pretty good idea, and would be well worth implementing here. That said, I don't know the specifics of how the new leader was chosen, so that's really worth looking at.

Be interesting if, at Fleet creation, you could decide on its political structure. The current system is fine, but what if you could vote?
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.
Republic Veteran
# 8
11-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikahiro View Post
There was another MMO with a similar mechanism. There were leaders and one "super-leader," but that tile would be lost if you didn't log in for 30 days. I think its a pretty good idea, and would be well worth implementing here. That said, I don't know the specifics of how the new leader was chosen, so that's really worth looking at.

Be interesting if, at Fleet creation, you could decide on its political structure. The current system is fine, but what if you could vote?
Klingons Don't vote....if you are not a good leader on the KDF then you should fight to the death for control and if the leader is gone for 30 days...on the KDF side you vote for who's leader and if there are two parties, whoever you voted for you join them in epic battles against the factions setting the base on fire Targ burnt bodies everywhere, Orion dancers splatter up against the walls....songs will be sung of how you took over the base.

To the OP yeah just wait 30 days and the highest ranked person will get a option in the roster tab about taking over the fleet.

“confession is good for the soul”

Career Officer
# 9
11-15-2012, 03:03 PM
Just FYI, you don't have to have 2 'leaders'. You just need someone else that has permission to start projects and such. That way, if the leader does disappear, you won't be stuck waiting the 30 days to claim leadership.