Ensign
# 1 Seeking a Fleet
11-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Sadly, I recently parted with my old Fleet. They were amazing, don't get me wrong. They are flying though the Tier III upgrades, and I hope they go all the way (I know they will).

The problem for me, not so much a problem, but why I left, is I felt like it was no longer a good fit for me.

My PC struggles with STO sometimes (very outdated graphics chip - yes, I said chip not card). So I do not own a mic, nor do I want to download and run voice chat software. I know this puts me at a disadvantage, as they make STOs and other events much easier. So, if your fleet requires this, you might want to stop reading.

My other issue - again, me not them - was they were going to start requiring all members to do FM missions. I get why they do it, and I would often help. I work, and attempt to have a social life (I know, right?) so I cannot always commit.

Exceptions were made for me (told you they were awesome), but I did not feel it was fair to the others.

What I would like to find is:

1. A high level fleet (What can I say, I like shortcuts), but that is not a deal breaker for me.
2. A role-play fleet. - I love to talk on the fleet channel in character. Makes the grind more entertaining for me.
3. An active fleet. - Not expecting the same people every time I am on, but waiting a week to a month to see someone else from the fleet can get tiresome.
4. A Star Trek related fleet. Sure many people love Star Wars, Drazon Ball Z, even Twilight. For those in similar fleets, hope you enjoy them. They are simply not my cup of tea.

What I do not want:

1. Heavy requirements. If I have to jump though hoops on a regular basis, save us both the time and do not invite me. To clarify, I do not want to have to run X amounts of STOs and FM missions a day or I am fired. I like to donate to projects (got 104k FM saved up - I do buy the bonus to those), and I enjoy chatting. Thing is, I play this game for fun. When I work, I expect to get paid (real money, EC simply does not pay my bills - I know, I have tried).
2. A silly fed - See my earlier want for a Star trek related fed as an example. "The House of Flying Tribbles" - really hope that is not a real fleet, if it is, sorry for being offense - is not my thing.

My character is a Bajoran Female Vice Admiral (yeah, hard rank to get, right? I think they hand those out like decoder rings these days).

Profile below (Copied from the game, so if it formats wonky, sorry):

Full Name: Aaraka Rahne
Species: Bajoran
Accademy: Jayal Tanara's'Bajor
Drawbacks: Dabo Addict.

Bio:
Aaraka Rahne (Pronounced Rain) was born on Bajor. He father was a member of the Bajoran militia and died in the struggle against the Cardassian occupation. Her mother remarried to a human Starfleet officer, and her younger sister, Rahxie (Pronounced Roxie) was born.

Rahne was always facinated by space travel, and as soon as she and Rahxie were old enough, they joined Starfleet. They were assigned to diffrent ships, but stayed in touch.

Rahxie's ship was captured by the Borg, and Rahne would not rest until she freed her sister. After many successful battles against the Borg, she finally found her on a Borg Cube, and rescued her, and began the long process of "re-humanising" her.

Rahxie was given a post on Rahne's ship under her command, and using what they learned from both the Romulans, and Rahxie's time as a Borg, they now intrigate Borg technology into their ships. Of course dealing with the Borg on a regular basis was not without cost, and Rahxie was given the chance to free Rahne when she too became assimilated.

Rahne hates fighting the Borg, and wishes there was a way to restore them all as was done with Rahxie.

RP Character, but simply not interested in ERP.
Career Officer
You might like the Phoenix Division. www.thephoenixdivision.com Fleet Leader is One of Twelve a liberated Borg female. Although we do not do a great deal of RP, we do sometimes. In fact we are writing a Star Trek story currently with three authors. We don't know exactly were the story is going to take us. Check it out here: http://www.gandtshow.com/forum/index...430ee10200f225

We are not a large fleet, but we do not require your mandatory giving. We do have various contests for fun and profit (I'm a Ferengi) like costume contests or ugliest character, and even making one of your costumes look like a superhero/cartoon character.

We are almost a full T3 Star Base, lacking only a little in Eng and Sci.

If you are interested in giving us a gander, contact either myself Rig@Spomek (Senior Officer), or One@daBelgrave (Fleet Leader). We are online every day and base our timing on Eastern Standard Time. I am in Mountain Time.

I think we might be most of what you are looking for.

Vice Admiral Rig
U.S.S. Moogie's Revenge
The Phoenix Division
Captain
# 3
11-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Another option may be the Mirror Empire.

We're an easy going fleet, making decent progression towards Tier 3 (70% there).

Most of our members actively chat, and enjoy the role-playing aspect of the game. We tend towards the mirror universe concept of classic Trek (hence the name). We do not require anything of you other than (1.) have a good time, and (2.) keep the in-game language clean.

We do have a structured and active management of the fleet, and of the resources. Provisions are not an issue. We are doing internal contests to help reward those who donate routinely - however donation is not a must.

Give us a try - nothing to lose and much fun to gain.

admiral Thrax
Career Officer
# 4
11-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellohanna View Post
What I would like to find is:

1. A high level fleet (What can I say, I like shortcuts), but that is not a deal breaker for me.
2. A role-play fleet. - I love to talk on the fleet channel in character. Makes the grind more entertaining for me.
3. An active fleet. - Not expecting the same people every time I am on, but waiting a week to a month to see someone else from the fleet can get tiresome.
4. A Star Trek related fleet. Sure many people love Star Wars, Drazon Ball Z, even Twilight. For those in similar fleets, hope you enjoy them. They are simply not my cup of tea.
I invite you to check out the 44th.
1. T4 shipyard and T4 base. Will be T4 fabricator in 7 days.
2. Not really a RP fleet, but we do chat in channel. Certainly wouldn't mind someone RP'ing.
3. I'd say were active. You can't get to T4 being inactive.
4. We are the 44th Fleet. Numbered fleets are 'trek' imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellohanna View Post
What I do not want:

1. Heavy requirements. If I have to jump though hoops on a regular basis, save us both the time and do not invite me. To clarify, I do not want to have to run X amounts of STOs and FM missions a day or I am fired. I like to donate to projects (got 104k FM saved up - I do buy the bonus to those), and I enjoy chatting. Thing is, I play this game for fun. When I work, I expect to get paid (real money, EC simply does not pay my bills - I know, I have tried).
2. A silly fed - See my earlier want for a Star trek related fed as an example. "The House of Flying Tribbles" - really hope that is not a real fleet, if it is, sorry for being offense - is not my thing.
1. No mandatory contributions.
2. See number 4 above.

We are medium sized, around 50+ members. We have a TS server, but it's not required. I'd say the only down-side to your requirements is the RP. Check out our website.

startrek.44thfleet.com
# 5
11-19-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm just going to throw this out here

feel free to PM if you have questions

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
Career Officer
# 6
11-19-2012, 10:18 PM

Hello, Aaraka Rahne

I'm not going to try and convince you with shiny web sites and somewhat decent looking STO sigs with little boring PICS on them. Hmm? I will say one thing. Look before you leap into a LARGE fleet. Sometimes the smaller ones are just as better.

FSOG (Fleet Special Operations Group) will offer you game play and being something other than the 4,789th member of some over rated non trek and somewhat wanna be trek fleet. I will not mention names. Lord forbid the sky may fall cause they commanded it..lol

Anyway choose right and remember, STO is a game. Have fun with the right fleet.

Thank you.

Last edited by mugat0; 11-19-2012 at 10:21 PM.