Commander
# 1 New Thread
06-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Crafting changes, bugs and mail, pve queues, Summer Event, AFKers, and for some reason, dancing.

These are our forum topic choices all too often recently. So over-played and stale.

I want to start a thread that is new and exciting. Or at the very least, just new. This, of course, will not be that thread, this is just the thread to get ideas for that thread. A pre-thread.

Now some of the more witty of you out there might point out that a thread about new ideas for new threads is itself a new idea thread. To that I say, you're right, thank you for pre-agreeing with me. But I don't want to do all the heavy lifting idea work.

I'd like to sit back and lurk, thinking snide remarks to myself at other peoples' posts. Honestly, I'm just looking for a little fresh STO reading material on breaks at work. Is that too much to ask? I don't pay nothing to this game to sit here and not be able to read things that interest me.

Come on people, get creative. But not too creative. I think somewhere between "I hate the bugs in this game" and "I want to dance" would be a good sweet spot to aim for. Maybe some Borg jokes? Gorn puns? A thread evaluating the merits and differences of Stovokor and the Bajoran Wormhole as places to spend eternity. Something.

Please post your comments below (though as that's fairly standard forum procedure I suppose I didn't need to tell you that) and the lucky winner's topic (which will be chosen by me arbitrarily and with complete bias) will get to see a new thread appear on the forums starring their own suggested topic. Of course I won't be giving any credit in that new thread to the winner, however, as it was my idea for you to have your idea, so really it wouldn't be fair to me if I did.

Go.

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
Rihannsu
# 2
06-21-2013, 03:00 PM
I think we should all get together and plant a big cotton field so we can then make some cotton thread with which to pre-thread the threads for suggestions threads!
Commander
# 3
06-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Excellent idea!

I don't want to spoil anything, but right now, you're a sho-in to win the new thread idea contest.

Career Officer
# 4
06-21-2013, 03:09 PM
I suppose it wouldn't kill Cryptic to add some engineering for engineers and something scientific for scientists. You know, essentially completing the 2 classes that seem totally insignificant as classes as they barely do anything that earns their class its name unlike Tactical.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Captain
# 5
06-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
I suppose it wouldn't kill Cryptic to add some engineering for engineers and something scientific for scientists. You know, essentially completing the 2 classes that seem totally insignificant as classes as they barely do anything that earns their class its name unlike Tactical.
^^^^^This^^^^^

That is all
Tacofangs is (genuinely) the best dev ever and the forumites adore him
Rihannsu
# 6
06-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curs0r View Post
You would have to bring the Engy and Sci skills back to pre-nerf times which won't make the tacticals happy and they'll scream "NERF FOR BALANCE!" or "PvP is BROKEN now!".
Career Officer
# 7
06-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
You would have to bring the Engy and Sci skills back to pre-nerf times which won't make the tacticals happy and they'll scream "NERF FOR BALANCE!" or "PvP is BROKEN now!".
I'm actually talking about some other modes of play besides "kill everything". Science can make hyposprays that provide expiring bonuses, not to mention if they're supposed to be medical they could heal injuries on ground, same for engs in space. Engineers might become equipment hackers/modifiers that can provide some extra oomph to your gear. This is just a minor glimpse of how much more full this game might be. As it is now, it's still 1/3 of a game in class terms.
Career Officer
# 8
06-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Start a "post your STO day" - people post a screen pic of them playing, and talk about what they were doing when they took it.

Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
Commander
# 9
06-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Curs0r, Adamkafel, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but the whoosing sound I just heard alerted me to the fact that the point of this thread just blew right past you. Your complaints may well have merit, I might even agree with them (as a Tac officer no less!), but I can't say because this is A) not a discussion thread and B) that topic is so old, [comical metaphor under construction].

Wildmouse on the other hand, if your pictures live up to your forum name, I expect a doozy of a thread. This one's in the running!

Career Officer
# 10
06-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1derfull1 View Post
Curs0r, Adamkafel, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but the whoosing sound I just heard alerted me to the fact that the point of this thread just blew right past you. Your complaints may well have merit, I might even agree with them (as a Tac officer no less!), but I can't say because this is A) not a discussion thread and B) that topic is so old, [comical metaphor under construction].

Wildmouse on the other hand, if your pictures live up to your forum name, I expect a doozy of a thread. This one's in the running!
I beg your pardon? You asked for ideas and I provided. How is that missing the point? Someone addressed my point, and it's somehow 'wrong' to reply? Great logic. Just FYI it's a forum, they're all discussion threads. Not to mention the fact that this is in the sub-forum "Star Trek Online General Discussion".