Career Officer
# 1 Borg Missions
01-02-2013, 01:53 AM
I've just completed the Borg (main story) Missions
after doing many Borg PVE missions i expected the main story mission to be really tough but to my surprise they were pretty easy going!

the 1st mission you take on 2 Borg spheres and 2 Undine ships and i took them out with ease and after equipping my crew with Tetryon and Polaron weapons and Borg remodulators it was really easy to tackle the Borg soldiers on the ground, the Undine put up more of a fight than the Borg did!!

the last mission where Q toys with you, this was disappointing! :/
the 3 times you had to rescue the Coppernicus was no real challenge, even when Q had 3 cubes he froze them before the main fun began

and i was looking forward to the battle at Wolf359 expecting to be in my ship joining the other Federation ships and attacking the Borg cube

i was a little dis heartened when i found myself on the Saratoga, keeping it free of Borg soldiers so the crew could get to the escape pods, i didn't even get to see Sisko!!

the rewards for the mission were pants too, not worth the bother, would of been nice to get some kind of Borg tech from it

all in all very disappointing, the missions could of been a little tougher and more rewarding and a few more missions would of been nice to!
Captain
# 2
01-02-2013, 08:24 AM
The STFs are where things get really challenging.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lieutenant
# 3
01-03-2013, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgx666 View Post
I've just completed the Borg (main story) Missions
after doing many Borg PVE missions i expected the main story mission to be really tough but to my surprise they were pretty easy going!

the 1st mission you take on 2 Borg spheres and 2 Undine ships and i took them out with ease and after equipping my crew with Tetryon and Polaron weapons and Borg remodulators it was really easy to tackle the Borg soldiers on the ground, the Undine put up more of a fight than the Borg did!!

the last mission where Q toys with you, this was disappointing! :/
the 3 times you had to rescue the Coppernicus was no real challenge, even when Q had 3 cubes he froze them before the main fun began

and i was looking forward to the battle at Wolf359 expecting to be in my ship joining the other Federation ships and attacking the Borg cube

i was a little dis heartened when i found myself on the Saratoga, keeping it free of Borg soldiers so the crew could get to the escape pods, i didn't even get to see Sisko!!

the rewards for the mission were pants too, not worth the bother, would of been nice to get some kind of Borg tech from it

all in all very disappointing, the missions could of been a little tougher and more rewarding and a few more missions would of been nice to!
Agreed.

You dont even need remodulators for the storyline missions either if I remember correctly.
Captain
# 4
01-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismullins1987 View Post
You dont even need remodulators for the storyline missions either if I remember correctly.
No, you do. My entire away team got assimilated on Kessick IV because I forgot mine.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 5
01-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
No, you do. My entire away team got assimilated on Kessick IV because I forgot mine.
really!, i did the 1st mission without remodulators simply coz i forgot to pack them but non of my crew came close to assimilation!

what crew members do you have??

i have:

Klingon (male)
Reman (male)
Jem'Hadar (male)
Vulcan (female)
Liberated Borg (female)
Captain
# 6
01-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgx666 View Post
really!, i did the 1st mission without remodulators simply coz i forgot to pack them but non of my crew came close to assimilation!

what crew members do you have??

i have:

Klingon (male)
Reman (male)
Jem'Hadar (male)
Vulcan (female)
Liberated Borg (female)
I might have exaggerated a little. Only two of them got assimilated, and at different points in the mission.

I don't think the race matters. I was doing a Foundry mission the other day, and I saw a drone assimilate a Fek'Ihri Ravager.
-- Q
Lieutenant
# 7
01-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I will take your word for it, but I am not sure eitherway. Not played most of them in a long long time.
I re-did the Q mission a few weeks ago and I remember not having to remodulate even once, but I wouldnt claim all storyline missions are that way.

But maybe your away team sucked :p
One of mine always dies, and first, I think its the Breen one. I have since removed him from my standard away team
Captain
# 8
01-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
I re-did the Q mission a few weeks ago and I remember not having to remodulate even once, but I wouldnt claim all storyline missions are that way.
I believe most of the drones in the Q mission are the old "Voyager" style ones, like in the tutorial. It's just the last group you need remodulators for.

Quote:
But maybe your away team sucked :p
A very distinct possibility. I've always been better with space than ground.
-- Q
Career Officer
# 9
01-04-2013, 08:51 AM
The Q mission you are fighting Tng Borg, your weapons are futuristic in comparison.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
01-08-2013, 12:35 PM
There was a time when those missions were fairly challenging. There's been a lot of power creep though, and also some pretty big nerfs to the Borg. At launch remodulators didn't exist and weren't needed, but Borg had healing drones, could beam in groups of weak drones behind you, elite tactical drones could turn invincible for slightly longer than it takes to break a keyboard in frustration, and a lot of ground missions had groups hooked up to nodes that would just resurrect anything you killed after a few seconds until you found and destroyed the nodes (which the level designers just LOVED to tuck around a corner 15-20 yards away from the group they were linked to.

That last room in Assimilated and the first place you beam down to the assimilated colony were some of the most ridiculous parts of the game back then. Where these days you have people getting frustrated by Warbirds, back then it was the geometrically increasing swarm of unkillable reinforcements that kept beaming in forever.

Last edited by hevach; 01-08-2013 at 12:38 PM.