Lt. Commander
# 1 Breaking the numbers down
11-15-2012, 12:55 PM
It will take someone roughly 5 months to complete the unlock for omega tiers. Based on the base number of 2800 rep every 2 days. So now I have questions for those that researched this system more then me. What are the exact items required in the rep store? If you could provide proof that would be greatly appreciated. Does the number of 2800 rep every two days go up at all? Lastly do the missions cost for 2800 rep go up? What I mean by that is the items they want to they become rare items? I hoping I get a no for the last question.
Captain
# 2
11-15-2012, 01:07 PM
that math is for Mark 12 btw. Mark 10 opens at T1 and 11 at T3.

The T5 items unlock is why I said that btw. You get lesser versions of the items a lot sooner to hold you over I guess.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Captain
# 3
11-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post

The T5 items unlock is why I said that btw. You get lesser versions of the items a lot sooner to hold you over I guess.
why waste time and dilithium on crapper items?
Career Officer
# 4
11-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
why waste time and dilithium on crapper items?
I've been wondering this since the rep system debuted on Tribble - since you can't access it until you're lvl 50, who's gonna spend time unlocking Mk X and XI items?
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 5
11-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
I've been wondering this since the rep system debuted on Tribble - since you can't access it until you're lvl 50, who's gonna spend time unlocking Mk X and XI items?
I bet they force you to unlock them. It would so be in line with Cryptic's "design philosophy."
Career Officer
# 6
11-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalom View Post
It will take someone roughly 5 months to complete the unlock for omega tiers. Based on the base number of 2800 rep every 2 days. So now I have questions for those that researched this system more then me. What are the exact items required in the rep store? If you could provide proof that would be greatly appreciated. Does the number of 2800 rep every two days go up at all? Lastly do the missions cost for 2800 rep go up? What I mean by that is the items they want to they become rare items? I hoping I get a no for the last question.
That is assuming you don't get higher rep assignments later that cost more.

Folks on Tribble seemed to think it would be about 2 months.
Rihannsu
# 7
11-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalom View Post
So the cap is 100'000.

now the unlocks are not quite 48 hours long but lets just keep it simple and say they are 2 days long.

if you earn 2800 thats roughly 1400 a day which equals 71 days. now there are some tier unlock projects and also store unlocks along the way so im not sure if you included them or not (and i cant remember what they are).

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Well I am just trying to get a clear look at this thing. I am not happy about the changes for stfs, nor has my stance on the subject change. This does not mean I wouldn't like a clear look at it.