Lt. Commander
# 1 I love and hate this game
12-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Career Officer
# 2
12-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Congratulations, I don't.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Lt. Commander
# 3 I hate this game
12-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Missions. They're the bane of my gameplay life. All the back and fourth, do this, do that - every little thing they can think for me to do, they'll have me do.

Go to the promenade, go to Quarks, go upstairs, go back to the promenade, go back to Quarks so on and so on ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Then you've got NPCs asking to do do still - find me some land, find me a bottle of kanar, warp to Deep Space Nine to get me a jumja stick... WTF?

If you want me to do missions, have me do missions, don't have me babysit or some crap.

There should be more of a effort to get player to use diplomacy and use their words to get out of fights. IMO, it's what Starfleet is all about: Avoiding conflicts.

And those stupid little puzzles and stuff. I hate those!

Oh, and if NPC enemies are tougher at higher ranks, why did the Tellerite admiral get killed by one blow of a Jem'hadar blade? No shield, no armor I'm guessing?

Some of the little tidbits they feed you during load screens...Data became captain of the Enterprise-E in 2380-something? Excuse me? When did this happen? A while ago, someone told me that we can't have any number registry because in the Trek canon, all the sub-90000 numbers are already taken. Well, non-canon stuff like this makes me wonder if they're just not letting us have numbers just to be difficult.

Why can't we color the starship any color? All pink or all bronze? Why can't we change the color of the ship's engine blooms? Why can't we have the ability at some point to put a sovereign class hull on a saber saucer? Mix n' match!

Why in the future does everyone have to still be fighting? Why can't the Romulans be friendly like the Klingons in Next Gen.? Speaking of the Klingons...why are they hostile again? Come on!

Kurland as captain of DS9??? That whiny little so and so who wanted to run away?

Sure, these are just little grips and stuff that doesn't sit right with me and I'm just ranting
Lieutenant
# 4
12-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Might wanna ditch the gloves..
Lieutenant
# 5
12-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Didnt you just make a post called "I love this game?"
*facepalms
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerstickman View Post
Didnt you just make a post called "I love this game?"
*facepalms
a facepalm over something that's in jest?

kay...

I love the game because of the eyecandy. I hate the game because of the issues.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2012, 10:46 AM
I hate it when I'm in a space battle and I click my powers and it won't register. I have to go back and click it again. This is especially true in a Romulan DSE when I spawn right in the middle of 7 capital ships. I need to get my defenses up in a hurry so I go clicking on everything I have that gives me an advantage. Most of them will activate but there might be three or four I have to click again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-02-2012, 10:48 AM
I'd rather stare at my Fiancee... She's REAL.

And a Lot More Accessible.
Lieutenant
# 9
12-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
a facepalm over something that's in jest?

kay...
Apparentley, a MOD felt the same way, as he merged both of your posts..
*doublefacepalms
Ensign
# 10
12-02-2012, 11:02 AM
That's how MMOs are, unfortunately. None of them that I know of has ever broken the grinding formula, or the "go here and collect this" sort of noise. It's a necessary evil in the genre these days. As it is, STO is the most enjoyable MMO I've done, and I've done quite a few. I'm pleased with it enough to keep my subscription up for 500 days now (just got the award) without feeling I've wasted a cent. (I've also been busy in the C-store too).

It really all boils down on what you want from the game and what your expectations are. Some people can roll with our flavor of the grind, some people can't. There's nothing wrong with the latter. If they don't feel it's their cup of tea, no harm, no foul. But this sort of structure is the most common MMO structure on the planet. I've seen the same complaints in forums for WoW, DCUO, LotR, City of Heroes (RIP), SWTOR, and even the Matrix Online when it was still around. It's just What Is.

Meanwhile, in the 500 days I've played the game, the thing has exploded with content. Duty officers didnt even exist, the interior of your ship was just for show, we didn't have nearly so many STFs, and so on. There's a long list of changes and improvements I've been very pleased with and it's personally kept me in the game - based on my personal tastes and what I hope to see. Again, your mileage my vary.

Ultimately, what keeps me coming back overall? THe friends I have on the game who all stick it out, too. Theyh're worth logging in for every day of the week.

Randall Tigella@Saboreth