Lt. Commander
When will we be able to buy bypasses for the Reputation timers?

It's clear that's what you had in mind when you implemented the timers, Cryptic. You plan on monetizing skips.

It's the only rational reason I can see for adding these pointless, disgustingly long timers to the Reputation system.

So when will these be available, and for how much?

Last edited by stealthrider; 11-14-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Captain
# 2
11-14-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
When will we be able to buy bypasses for the Reputation timers?

It's clear that's what they had in mind when you implemented the timers, Cryptic. You plan on monetizing skips.

It's the only rational reason I can see for adding these pointless, disgustingly long timers to the Reputation system.

So when will these be available, and for how much?
They should remove the timers for gold players. Leave them in place for FTPers and Silvers, monetize a 30-day bypasses at 74,950 RD.
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...

Last edited by sirsitsalot; 11-14-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
11-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
They should remove the timers for gold players. Leave them in place for FTPers and Silvers.
great ide but then the F2Per would QQ they didnt get that for free like every thing elss
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-14-2012, 11:49 PM
I'd rather they remove the timers for everyone and not have to go through this nonsense, but that doesn't seem like an option so instead i'd like to know when my last day will be.
Captain
# 5
11-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
great ide but then the F2Per would QQ they didnt get that for free like every thing elss
I'm a F2Per and I'm calling for it.

I recognize that Cryptic needs to make money off this game.

Trouble is, they are trying to come up with every excuse possible to marginalize subscriptions. The purpose of monetization of elements for F2Pers should be to encourage subscriptions.

Gold players should not be gated either by time or by dilithium. I realize that Cryptic will likely only compromise with one. So I am going with the elimination of time gates. Leave Dilithium costs in place.

Free to play does not equal Free to Get.
Captain
# 6
11-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
I'd rather they remove the timers for everyone and not have to go through this nonsense, but that doesn't seem like an option so instead i'd like to know when my last day will be.
Your last day is the day when you decide not to play anymore.

There needs to be something that keeps subscribers feeling like their money is worth something. Anything that makes the game more accessible to those who are actually paying money to play should be done. And I am all for putting Dilithium and/or time gates on advancing through tiers of gameplay as a Free to Play user. But if I decide to subscribes, those gates need to be open to me at all times.
Captain
# 7
11-15-2012, 12:31 AM
I think the reputation timers are conta-productive. Instead of making me to log every day, they basically tell me to log once per 2 days.
Career Officer
# 8
11-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Your last day is the day when you decide not to play anymore.

There needs to be something that keeps subscribers feeling like their money is worth something. Anything that makes the game more accessible to those who are actually paying money to play should be done. And I am all for putting Dilithium and/or time gates on advancing through tiers of gameplay as a Free to Play user. But if I decide to subscribes, those gates need to be open to me at all times.
but see PWE as was told dont want subs they want you put 5 here 10 there one week leave for ever how long come back repit it all over again
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Lieutenant
# 9
11-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I think the reputation timers are conta-productive. Instead of making me to log every day, they basically tell me to log once per 2 days.
Same here except I play multiple toons so one day I'll play on my tac, sci the next and finally my engineer.

I don't think the timer is meant to make money directly through dilthium but is supposed to stretch out the romulan content until next season.

Take the time off to do other things in the game, doffs, stfs, fleet actions, missions whatever you like. We complained about the grind and now you can't grind the romulan content and that makes us upset too. Can't have it both ways.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-15-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overthetopsigh View Post
Same here except I play multiple toons so one day I'll play on my tac, sci the next and finally my engineer.

I don't think the timer is meant to make money directly through dilthium but is supposed to stretch out the romulan content until next season.

Take the time off to do other things in the game, doffs, stfs, fleet actions, missions whatever you like. We complained about the grind and now you can't grind the romulan content and that makes us upset too. Can't have it both ways.

Yes, yes we can have it both ways.

All they needed to do was put the Mk XII gear on the old vendors for EDCs. Problem solved, no need for this nonsense.

The Romulan content would have been absolutely fine if it was available without these timers.