Career Officer
Since Closed Beta, the Keybinds for Enter and NUMEnter (the Enter on the keypad) keys were seperate. But with Season 7 that no longer is the case. Both Keys now function at

Because for me and others, it was an important part of our playstyles in having these two buttons independent from each other. Now with Season 7 the NUMEnter Key now functions the same as the Enter Key.

I personally used the NUMEnter as a Jump Key on the ground and the FIRE Key in Space, but now it's the chat key. So I reassigned it back to jump / fire, but now my chat is hampered since I no longer can use the Enter key.

So is this a feature or is this a bug?
Career Officer
# 2
11-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Since Closed Beta, the Keybinds for Enter and NUMEnter (the Enter on the keypad) keys were seperate. But with Season 7 that no longer is the case. Both Keys now function at

Because for me and others, it was an important part of our playstyles in having these two buttons independent from each other. Now with Season 7 the NUMEnter Key now functions the same as the Enter Key.

I personally used the NUMEnter as a Jump Key on the ground and the FIRE Key in Space, but now it's the chat key. So I reassigned it back to jump / fire, but now my chat is hampered since I no longer can use the Enter key.

So is this a feature or is this a bug?

I'm having the same issue, and it's very frustrating.

Previously before S7, NUMPAD ENTER and ENTER were recognized as separate keys, now both of them function as one key.

Even my keyboard's software has the numpad enter set as "keypad enter" and enter as "enter" - even this goes unrecognized.

I've also tried binding it in a bind file, but that's not working either.

I hope this is a bug, because this has removed a key that I use regularly to play.

Career Officer
# 3
11-17-2012, 11:14 AM
The first time I tried playing in Season 7 I encountered an even bigger keybind problem: All my binds (at least the space ones) not only seem to have wiped out and gone back to the defaults, but using /bind_load_file in an attempt to restore them had no effect.

Anyone else seeing this problem? I'd hate to have to redo all my keybinds manually if Season 7 wound up breaking bind file support.
Career Officer
# 4
11-17-2012, 06:46 PM
My entire numpad other than the numbers itself had to be remapped across 6 characters with the launch of S7.

The issue is game wide, I own a SteelSeries Stealth Merc, so I just adjusted my STO profile to adapt. But, I know many people who use the keypad and do not own a gaming keyboard. I hope this issue is addressed soon, because its annoying as hell.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Commander
# 5
11-17-2012, 06:51 PM
you can temporarily change your start chat key to a combination of shift-enter or ctrl-enter. i made this switch a while back and havent looked back.
Career Officer
# 6
11-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post
The first time I tried playing in Season 7 I encountered an even bigger keybind problem: All my binds (at least the space ones) not only seem to have wiped out and gone back to the defaults, but using /bind_load_file in an attempt to restore them had no effect.

Anyone else seeing this problem? I'd hate to have to redo all my keybinds manually if Season 7 wound up breaking bind file support.
An update on this problem: I eventually noticed that my binds are actually still in effect - only the key indicators in the upper left hand corner of each mapped slot are stuck in their default states. (In other words, it only looks like all my binds got blown away - still a significant problem in its own right, but not as bad as I had feared.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-20-2012, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfederatica View Post

I am having the same problem with that particular key. I hope they fix it soon because it like losing an index finger. Very difficult to get around.
Career Officer
# 8
11-20-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
you can temporarily change your start chat key to a combination of shift-enter or ctrl-enter. i made this switch a while back and havent looked back.

I've switched it to `

Career Officer
# 9
11-20-2012, 06:44 AM
Speaking of broken binds, I just checked and my focus target binds are not working. Have to use the button on the targets icon to click set it till its fixed.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Lieutenant
# 10
11-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Also having this issue.

I tested to check if it was a formatting change issue in the txt files, but even loading DefaultGround.txt caused the issue. (Where no key letterings showed up on the tooltip.) The only way to show what keys are what is by manually setting it within the keybindings UI.

: |