Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 11
11-20-2012, 06:00 AM
UPDATE: A Cryptic GM has responded to my in-game ticket. Nothing resolved yet, s/he was simply asking for more information. Still, I got a response, so I take back my earlier snark. I suppose with the launch of a new season, they're probably rather inundated with issues, so I'll be patient a little while longer
Sekhmet, Fleet Admiral, Ghost Company

Lilith, Shadowcat Elite, Ferason Shadow Force
Career Officer
# 12
11-21-2012, 09:26 AM
update: Was supposed to be fixed in today's patch (nov 21), but it was NOT. here's a screenshot I took a few minutes ago (after patch): http://screencast.com/t/H9t9zMMl6h
Sekhmet, Fleet Admiral, Ghost Company

Lilith, Shadowcat Elite, Ferason Shadow Force
Ensign
# 13
11-21-2012, 11:27 AM
I can confirm that this bug exists (i've made my own post about it also)
Lieutenant
# 14
11-21-2012, 12:20 PM
I as well can confirm, in between getting disconnected every few seconds, that this project is STILL not accepting the common human boffs it is asking for.
@kardat Tradik | S'Kard | Taev | Roehzir | Taiben | Zairae Omega Family Fleet

"Some people are like Slinkies; completely useless but fun to push down the stairs"
Cryptic Studios Team
# 15
11-21-2012, 12:22 PM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=39

Quote:
I've tracked down the issue at hand. It stems from not all Bridge Officers sharing the same defining config files.

So, while these projects are set up to accept generic Boffs of the associated types, those Boffs are only currently obtained thru receiving a "Failure" outcome on Duty Officer assignments that recruit that species of Boff. The ones purchased at stores, or received from mission completion, are different config files, even though they share the same Display names. Therefore they cannot be used for these projects at this time.

We'll be updating the Projects to accept a wider range of Bridge Officers (hopefully encompassing all possibilities), and should have that fix in next week's patch.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Ensign
# 16
11-21-2012, 12:46 PM
This is unacceptable... We are spending a week waiting to hear that we need to wait another week? Why not fix it today????
Republic Veteran
# 17
11-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
j-man i think it should be pointed out that our fleet has this problem also and before s7 for bridge officers it was 3 sets of 5/5 required so full. s7 we logged in and it says 5/10 and can't contribute.

i hope that helps.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 18
11-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzagiow View Post
j-man i think it should be pointed out that our fleet has this problem also and before s7 for bridge officers it was 3 sets of 5/5 required so full. s7 we logged in and it says 5/10 and can't contribute.

i hope that helps.
It's happenstance, but part of the same issue.

Short version: Project used to require Purple Boffs. Purple Boffs have a single item config file for reasons I'm not entirely certain of. Whites have multiple (up to a dozen per species), which is causing the Project failure.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 19
11-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nggdavid View Post
This is unacceptable... We are spending a week waiting to hear that we need to wait another week? Why not fix it today????
Hey no worries, it's Cryptic that are losing money whilst the starbases grind to a halt, no need to buy dilithium for a while with Zen, the amount of Dil required for the Rep systems is tiny compared to what we need at T3 level. Should save me a few thousand Zen for another week lol

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Republic Veteran
# 20
11-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
It's happenstance, but part of the same issue.

Short version: Project used to require Purple Boffs. Purple Boffs have a single item config file for reasons I'm not entirely certain of. Whites have multiple (up to a dozen per species), which is causing the Project failure.
glad your on the case